ZIP code

1997 Nissan Maxima

Based on 526 Ratings for the 1995 - 1999 models.

Best car I've owned

By on Saturday, February 7, 2009

"I have owned this Max for 10 years. The styling is beautiful and the attention to detail is exceptional. It is a bit under powered with the 3.0 when fully loaded and using A.C. I notice that the newer models have more H.P. This year had weak ignition coils that fail about 90k. I replaced all six and it runs like a dream. Nothing else had to be done other that normal maint. I hope to drive this car for years to come."

Incredible Travel Companion

By on Sunday, December 14, 2008

"Fantastic vehicle, used as a field service car on a daily basis; purchased in fall of 2002 with approx. 31,000 miles, now have over 240,000 (virtually trouble free) miles and averaging 19 MPG city, 24-25 MPG highway. Everything still works as it should and still runs long, hard and strong. Hate to think about the inevitable...."

Great Vehicle!

By on Monday, October 13, 2008

"I've been sole owner my 5 speed 1998 Maxima and have no intention of selling it anytime soon. It has required only a new muffler and new tires in the last 10 years. When inflating the tires to the max recommendation, I get 33 miles hwy at an ave speed of 55mph - and 26 in town. I highly recommend this car, Car annoyances: The cup holders are lacking and the sunvisor can hit your head during its manipulation."

Worth every dollar!

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2008

"My 1995 Maxima has just rolled 260,000 miles on it. No, that's NOT a "typo," it's really got that many miles on it. I took it in just today for new brake pads, etc. and every mechanic there came over to "see to believe" how amazing this car still looks, runs and performs for its' age. I bought this car used last year from its' original owner. They kept perfect maintenance records for it and gave it the respect it deserves. My 19 year old daughter doesn't truly understand what a "prize" she drives every day. I do offer to trade her for my 2005 Tucson, but she says gas is too expensive.... imagine that!"

Never An Issue

By on Sunday, July 22, 2007

"After totalling my Honda Accord in 2003, I was looking for another Accord. My friend is a Sales Manager at a dealership, and while I was test driving Hondas, he heard that I was a huge fan of Maximas. He informed me that he had just acquired a 1999 Maxima SE as a trade in. The car had never seen the winter, and only had 22k mikes on it, with only one previous owner. I still have this car, and it has been everything I could ask for and more. I now have 145,000 miles on it, and beyond some minor exhaust/tailpipe repair, and some brake work, I have never had an issue with it. The brake work was primarily because of winter usage and the open alloy rims. Other than that, $800-1000 is not much to spend on a car that I have put over 100k on in 3-4 years. I love it and will most likely be a Nissan buyer for life."