1996 Nissan Maxima

Based on 527 Ratings for the 1995 - 1999 models.

Love this Maxima

By on Friday, November 7, 2008

"Just bought a 95 GLE nissan maxima yesterday with only 125,000 miles on it, it blows dodge out of the water considering the dodges i had gave out at this point but this car has serious power and extreme luxury with wood grain dashboard and leather upholstery i would consider this to any one with a family of two kids or just for a teenage boy getting his first car. Only problem i have with it is the antenna because it retracts when you turn the car off and makes a clicking sound, but i plan to tune the car up and change the transmission fluid tomorrow because if you keep this vehicle maintained it will last you, my friend has a 95 nissan maxima like myself and hes put 525,000 miles or more on it so far and still out runs the newer cars today, he just likes to drive alot but seriosuly this car is my dream car!!!"

By on Tuesday, July 15, 2008

"Bought my 99 SE Ltd used at 40k miles and one year old...today it is has 180k+ and is still running strong. All switches, guages, etc work fine after 9 years. Have only had to replace a heater fan circuit. Overall car runs fine, but I have had a persistent recurring problem for years with intermittent rough running/check engine light on high humidity/high temp days in the summer. Dealer can not identify problem. Initial problem with a spark coil almost cost me an entire ignition wiring harness as the problem was repeatedly misdiagnosed. Car looks good for 90's Japanese styling Handles quite nicely in dry weather...but light rear end causes problems in rain and this car is terrible in the snow."

Great car

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2007

"I have owned two of this particular vehicle, and they are fantastic cars. Very reliable, good combination of power and fuel efficiency (gets 27 MPG in city driving, 30 highway, yet has plenty of power and acceleration). I would highly recommend them to anyone."

This car is a godsend!

By on Thursday, September 5, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, dependable, easy to maintain."

Cons: "Clock and radio light faded away. Oh darn..."

"When I bought this car six years ago, it only had 75,000 miles on it. Now, I got it up to 129,000 and it is as dependable as ever. With routine maintenance there is no reason she couldn't last at least ten more years. It's a smooth ride with good power and maneuverability. I recently inherited a car from '03 with less mileage, and I'm going to stick with my Maxima."

sturdy

By on Friday, March 1, 2013

"I've been driving this Maxima since 2004 when it had about 128,000 miles on it. Now it has 198,500. The past eight years I've replaced three fuel injectors, some of the gaskets, water pump, radiator, transmission solenoids and even a mass airflow sensor. I think the radiator was vandalized by the mechanics deliberately. I think the transmission repair shop lied about the trans needing new solenoids. The mass airflow sensor was very costly and the car kept dying out and ran poorly unitl it was replaced. The car runs much better now. For a Maxima this car has had a lot of repairs. Overall, it has been dependable."