1996 Nissan Maxima

Based on 525 Ratings for the 1995 - 1999 models.

More than Grocery Getter

By on Monday, June 16, 2008

"Bought new in '99. A few electrical bugs in the first 3 years, but rock solid since. Ignition coils are a notable exception. I've owned better from Nissan (Stanza), but couldn't beat it for power, comfort and refinement for the $ in '99. Too bad the new one is such a boat."

Excellent Vehicle!

By on Monday, April 14, 2008

"I LOVE this car. Everything about it is wonderful - it has 110,000 miles on it, and from what I've heard can go for another 40,000+ without major problems. It's comfortable, it's peppy, it has excellent leg room for driver and all passengers, and most importantly, I feel safe in it. For a larger sedan, it gets decent gas mileage, but at the time where gas is around $3.37/gallon, it's time for me to look for something more fuel efficient. If it was the exact same car with better fuel economy, I wouldn't even think of getting another type of car - I'd be a Nissan Maxima driver for life!"

98Nissan Max

By on Sunday, April 6, 2008

"It's going on ten years plus a few months since I purchased it and with the exception of brakes, oil changes, etc nothing has gone wrong. Alternator did go. I replaced it. Nissan sent me a recall notice on the alternator and then insisted on replacing the one I put in with a Nissan alternator. they send me a check for my repair--including tax. Was impressed. Car still looks good and rides well."

Hit the Mark

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2008

"I bought this car new and until it's final day when the was car reared ended at a traffic light, it was a gem. If you are considering a used one thats been properly maintained, you should have no worries. On the minus side: The air bag did not deploy when the car was struck from the rear (and slamed into the car in front of it.) Premium fuel requirement makes operation more costly."

love this car.

By on Saturday, November 10, 2007

"Changed oil & filter reliably eacg 3,000 miles; have done nothing otherwise for engine. Has power and zip when needed. Have used highest premium gas alsways. Dollar bill sized crack on windshield was repaired by USAA tech at my home. Radio works, but visual station display does not. Plays well. Starter makes sound in AM, but works reliably. Passed smog.Push button key controls to lock, unlock, lower from windows, etc. The works. Original owner."