2017 Nissan LEAF Consumer Reviews

in the last
90 days
within the U.S.
Transaction Data

This meter represents a sample range of recent transaction prices for vehicles of the same year, make and model as the vehicle specified, but sometimes with a different style and/or equipment. Analyzed transaction prices exclude taxes, DMV fees, documentation fees, other dealership charges and any available rebates or incentives.

10/8.6

Based on 78 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

This is my 2nd LEAF

By on Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Pros: "Cheap to buy, cheap to own and drive"

Cons: "Limited range - use your other car...."

"This is the perfect cheap daily driver for anyone that lives in town. I just purchased my 2nd LEAF. The first one was leased in 2011 and although I loved it, we lived on rural, unpaved roads at the time and it was tough driving in winter. Now that I have moved in town I purchased a used one and its perfect! This vehicle handles 95% of our driving without ever having to stop for gas. It cost me less than 2 to charge it at home, and I go 80 miles or so on that charge. Youll never get that kind of economy from gas! I dont have to pay for oil changes, spark plugs, emissions equipment, or timing chains which also significantly cuts down on the abuse to my pocketbook. The LEAF is fairly fun to drive, and I really do appreciate the quiet ride and stable handling. If I take it out of ECO mode, itll beat the in-laws Porsche off the line at the stop light! The around-view cameras are great for parking and getting out of parking spots. I also love the heated seats and steering wheel. Its kind of like having a little bit of luxury with your cheap to drive car! I only wish there were more rapid charging ports around the midwest here. Once they are available, then Ill never have another internal combustion vehicle."

Best car Ive ever owned and I run it on sunshine!

By on Friday, November 17, 2017

Pros: "clean, comfortable, powerful, fun!"

Cons: "no solar panels on the roof! :)"

"My Leaf is my first Nissan, and I am SO impressed with Nissans super intelligent design. In addition to being clean running and fun to drive, its wonderfully comfortable and can seat five real, normal-sized people. The hatch is nice and big too. The health and well-being aspects of driving a car thats 4.5 times more efficient than anything that runs on gas or diesel are huge. WHAT A GREAT FEELING IT IS, NOT TO BE USING FOSSIL FUEL TO GET AROUND!!! The price of the car was very reasonable, and get this -- the cost of repairs for the whole year was a whopping 12.00 (because the light bulb over the license plate had failed). I charge with sunshine because we solarized our home and we make more energy than the house needs. If I drive reasonably carefully I get 4.5 to 5miles/kWh, which translates to over 166-185 mpg!! If Im in a hurry I still get 4.0 miles/kWh (148mpg). On sunshine. The range issue: there are three charging options, one of which will give you 80% of a tank in the time it takes to order and drink a cup of coffee (about 20 minutes), and the fast charging network is growing quickly. I typically drive about 40-50 miles/day, then plug into normal house current to recharge. By the time I need the car again tank is full. Charging on house current gets you about 5 miles of range per hour, so figure that in your decision. You can also install a faster charger at your home if you need to. To summarize: this car is really a pleasure to drive and has done everything Ive asked of it. My payment reminds me of the 1970s, and I dont miss the smell of gasoline one bit! :)"

21st Century Car

By on Monday, May 16, 2011

"After waiting almost a year, I finally took possession of my EV just last month. It is everything I hoped for and more: truly a 21st century car. If I forget to plug it in, it emails me. If it gets low on charge, it calculates a route to the nearest charging station. It has timers to charge during off peak hours and timers to pre-heat and cool the vehicle in summer and winter. If the car has been sitting in the sun for hours, I can turn on the A/C from my computer or smart phone before I leave the building. I get instantaneous feedback about my driving habits, allowing me to drive smarter, stretch my mileage and reduce my costs. The telemetry is impressive and I have access to an incredible amount of data. Don’t believe the anti-EV noise machine out there. This isn’t a glorified golf cart. This is a REAL car, and most important to me, it’s fun to drive. My other car is a Mercedes SLK 280 hardtop convertible roadster and I know what a fun drive is. The leaf has 100% torque instantaneously and will beat my SLK off the line. This is the perfect commuter car for me. I live in San Diego, which has ideal weather conditions for an EV and, ironically, some of the highest gas prices in the country. Instead of filling my tank for $70, I’ll be plugging in my EV in my garage for about $9. My cost is 3 cents a mile PERIOD… no oil changes, no tune ups, no transmission fluid, no air filter, no hassles. It sure beats 25 cents a mile. My EV and I now mock Big Oil."

The most AMAZING vehicles I have ever owned!

By on Sunday, September 1, 2013

Pros: "EVERYTHING all Pros"

Cons: "I have no Cons!"

"My Nissan Leaf is the most AMAZING vehicle on the planet. Think about it, the motor has only 7 or 8 moving parts, No transmission, No Gas No Oil, No Trnsmission fluid, Has full torque from 0 RPM, Very Quick and will take most V6 vehicles off the line, Runs with the big dogs on the freeway, I would like to say it will easily do 100 MPH but I won't because that's against the law (just trust me on this one), I was owner of an Auto and RV Service Center and I have worked on thousands of cars, trucks and RV's and nothing has impressed me as this NISSAN LEAF. This vehicle made WORLD CAR OF THE YEAR!. Plus NO EMISSIONs. Note: My Nissan Leaf replaced my quad cab pick-up and the wife and I took the money we would spent on gas, oil and maintenance every week and put it in a savings account and two years later we have $9,020.00 dollars in the account. Also, If I was paying for electricity it would cost me only about $35.00 per month. However, sense I have Solar and don't have an electric bill, it is all pure clean and free energy. How many miles can you drive for free? If you want to go green this is the way to do it."

The Future is here!

By on Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Pros: "Near zero emissions, fun to drive, cool technology, no more gas stations"

Cons: "Cheap sun visors, manual seats, no spontaneous errands more than 5 miles out of my way."

"While not for everyone, if you meet the target market for this car; daily commute under 70 miles, temperate climate, ability to have a 240 volt/30 amp charger installed, second gas/diesel vehicle for weekends and trips, I highly recommend the Leaf as a way to reduce your dependance on BIG OIL. Range anxiety is the issue most touted by journalists and commentors as the Leaf's achilles heel. If your daily commute is 70 miles or less, you will never have a problem with running out of power. Driving dynamics are much better than I expected. Power delivery is smooth and linear, handling is suprisingly nimble and ride quality is communicative without being jarring. Interior technology is superb with high-end features that you would expect in a $35K car. Interior surfaces are acceptable, but are definately a less than ideal combination. The only disappointment in regards to the interior is the sun visors and the manual seat adjustment, both have an econo-box feel to them and are a reminder that Nissan cut some corners in the interior to deliver the Leaf at a almost reasonable price. The exterior styling is distinctive and quite practical, but I like hatchbacks and wagons. At almost the same price as my Volvo V50 wagon, I think the Leaf is a great way to support alternative fuel vehicle development without sacrificing my comfort."