2011 Nissan LEAF

Based on 75 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

Many pros and cons to this car

By on Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pros: "No gas and very low maintenance."

"Cons=Look at the resale value! Very low. Battery capacity loss!!! ( after 18k miles my battery does not charge up completely ) 20 percent loss of charging now. Dealer WILL NOT WARRANTY CAPACITY LOSS. $20k for new battery.To get extended range you will need to drive it 65 mph or less, excluding hills. Hills are a KILLER on battery range. You will get run over in carpool lane going 65 mph. Be very careful about battery charging. 1 full charge a day on 110v or 220v works best. Hard accelerations, high speed driving and 440v charging not recommended. 1 or more charging bars on dashboard will disappear over time. 12 bars to start with. Class action law suite in the works over this issue."

Old 2012SL Model Owner

By on Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Pros: "Power, performance, reliability, built like a tank"

Cons: "limited mileage especially at highway speeds"

Around Town

"I bought the 2012SL in late 2011 after waiting over a year. I was looking for a G37X or G35 coupe and do not regret getting the Leaf instead. I could have easily destroyed 2 or 3 G35's for the amount of abuse I have given the Leaf. Toughest performance car I have ever owned. Great buy. PLus I havn't had a sinus or chest infection in 5 years. It does have limited range and limited heat in cold climate but the AC is better than any of my previous 21 cars. I also no longer have to change the oil twice a year. Getting too old for that anyways. Its a very solid and reliable car but make sure it matches your lifestyle and daily commutes. Its not a car for cruising all day in the mountains or through the desert. Great used car buy, learn about "Bars""

Around Town

Great vehicle - glad I went for it!

By on Tuesday, November 1, 2016

I don't own this car

Pros: "fun to drive, roomy, reliable, dependable"

Cons: "price"

"I spent a lot of time researching all-electric vehicles before deciding to give one a try. Leased a 2015 Leaf S since I was a little scared of an unknown quantity, i.e. electric instead of gas. Turned out to be the best decision I have made in a long time. This car is reliable, full of pep, has great interior room, and is just plain fun to drive. The ice-cold AC is a bonus in the hot southern climate. I can run errands all over town with plenty of charge left over. I don't miss the trips to the gas station at all. Now the only issue is I don't get to drive it any more because my husband has taken it over. He loves it, too. He commutes approximately 30 miles one way to work down an interstate hwy and regularly sets the cruise at 80. He can still get home with 20-25% charge left, depending on weather. Rain seems to have the biggest effect on the range."

Took a gamble...pleased so far

By on Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Pros: "Great value, no smog, different"

Cons: "Range anxiety, understand its limitations"

"We purchased a used 2013 S with quick charge and backup camera with 20k miles for $10500. It's hard to find this kind of value. A lot of people have range anxiety or aren't early adopters of EV's. The resale reflects this. We use the car for everyday driving. It's perfect for our needs. We have a second car for long range driving. The car has lots of pep from 0 to 40. The cabin is very spacious and we aren't little people. I love the idea that we are saving about $100 a month on gas and we are doing our part to help the environment as well. What's not to like?"

Reduce your carbon footprint, and ready for future

By on Thursday, December 4, 2014

Pros: "Solid built, Incetives help make price palatable"

Cons: "Range, Lack of or Vandelized Charging stations"

Early adopter of the all electric Leaf, glad I took the lease option vs own.

"I completely enjoy my Leaf. Its comfortable with good seat support, great quality finishes and features even on the base model its peppy with surprising acceleration and good handling. I am disappointed though that as more and more make it into the marketplace that fewer establishments are not expanding their charging stations or facilities to keep more than one or two accommodated. Its also a sad to see so many charging stations vandalized whether they are the Nissan charging stations or one at stores. Trading my range anxiety back in for a super small consumption of fuel and relying more on my hybrid car for the second year of my two year lease with Nissan."

Early adopter of the all electric Leaf, glad I took the lease option vs own.

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Nissan LEAF near Honolulu. See local deals