2011 Nissan LEAF

Based on 77 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

Great experience so far

By on Monday, August 22, 2011

Pros: "Quiet, smooth, refined, no oil changes!, no exhaust"

Cons: "Limited driving range"

"This is the 8th car I have owned so far. Probably most distinct. I use it for my daily commute in Silicon Valley, CA and very happy with the handling and comfort. Love the blue tooth phone inerface, navigation, XM radio, Apps that inform about the status of charging. Acceleration is surprisingly good. The interior fine for 4 people. Have to plan for longer trips due to limited range. Hopefully all the cars will be electric in future."

Great commuter car

By on Sunday, January 5, 2014

Pros: "perfect city car"

Cons: "needs more efficient heater"

"I've driven my Nissan Leaf for 24 months. It's been an excellent car with nearly zero costs. Solar panels on our roof supply the electricity. It is fast on the freeway, and its size makes it easy to park. Interior size is surprising with legroom and head room in the front seat very similar to my Lexus RX SUV. The 100 mile range makes it possible to do everything in a day's drive except climb to ski resorts. For that you need a Tesla or a Volt. I use our 1999 SUV for those trips. Only negative of the car is the heater which uses a lot of power, about 30% of battery use on cold winter days. Still, have never run out of power even though I use battery conserving 80% charge. A full charge of 24 kWh is equivalent to two-thirds of a gallon of gas. 80% is just over half a gallon of gas. It is amazing to drive 80-90 miles on the energy of less than a gallon and a cost of about $2.50 of electricity."

Car good battery is bad.

By on Thursday, May 2, 2013

Pros: "quiet, vibration free, low maintenance"

Cons: "limited range. Battery is poor at best."

"Bought this car new. Drove the car less than 3500 miles and lost 15% of the original battery capacity. Actual real world driving range when new was 55 miles summer and less than 40 on a full charge in the winter if you use the heat sparingly. The car is ok the battery is terrable. do your self a favor and get a Chevy Volt instead. We love the low fuel costs and the convience of "refueling" at home. Beware the tax credit is based on your income. Middle income buyers will not collect the full $7500. Smooth quiet vibration free ride is a plus. 100% instant torque is great. Will never go back to gasoline!!!"

Honeymoon over: first week's impression

By on Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pros: "No gas--ever! Practical. Minimal maintenance."

Cons: "Heel space in front seat (odd not to have it)."

"After having the 2013 Leaf SV for a full week now, I thought I'd add my review. My commute is 24 miles round trip. I am fortunate to have access to a charging station at work, so I primary charge there. I intentionally ran the battery low over the weekend to know what to expect. The range indicator showed 8 miles when the number disappeared and was replaced with "---" and warnings to charge immediate. I then continued the remaining 1 mile to my house and used the trickle charger (I do not yet have the 240V charge cable installed at home yet). I did not make it to "Turtle" mode so I suspect I still had several miles or more of range left. After a week of use, am I still excited to have the car? Absolutely."

No turning back!

By on Wednesday, May 18, 2011

"This is a car for the future, but the future is already here for me. I hear no other noise but the quiet wind noise and occasionally the tire noise when the car runs over some lane dividers. Hey! I've already received the $5,000 state incentive; and I've also received my HOV sticker. The best of all, I've not bought any gasoline for the last three (3) months. In addition, I've also learned how to drive normally and conserve the battery charges without driving the ECO mode. It is just great!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Nissan LEAF near Honolulu. See local deals