2011 Nissan LEAF

Based on 76 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

21st Century Car

By on Monday, May 16, 2011

"After waiting almost a year, I finally took possession of my EV just last month. It is everything I hoped for and more: truly a 21st century car. If I forget to plug it in, it emails me. If it gets low on charge, it calculates a route to the nearest charging station. It has timers to charge during off peak hours and timers to pre-heat and cool the vehicle in summer and winter. If the car has been sitting in the sun for hours, I can turn on the A/C from my computer or smart phone before I leave the building. I get instantaneous feedback about my driving habits, allowing me to drive smarter, stretch my mileage and reduce my costs. The telemetry is impressive and I have access to an incredible amount of data. Don’t believe the anti-EV noise machine out there. This isn’t a glorified golf cart. This is a REAL car, and most important to me, it’s fun to drive. My other car is a Mercedes SLK 280 hardtop convertible roadster and I know what a fun drive is. The leaf has 100% torque instantaneously and will beat my SLK off the line. This is the perfect commuter car for me. I live in San Diego, which has ideal weather conditions for an EV and, ironically, some of the highest gas prices in the country. Instead of filling my tank for $70, I’ll be plugging in my EV in my garage for about $9. My cost is 3 cents a mile PERIOD… no oil changes, no tune ups, no transmission fluid, no air filter, no hassles. It sure beats 25 cents a mile. My EV and I now mock Big Oil."

The most AMAZING vehicles I have ever owned!

By on Sunday, September 1, 2013

Pros: "EVERYTHING all Pros"

Cons: "I have no Cons!"

"My Nissan Leaf is the most AMAZING vehicle on the planet. Think about it, the motor has only 7 or 8 moving parts, No transmission, No Gas No Oil, No Trnsmission fluid, Has full torque from 0 RPM, Very Quick and will take most V6 vehicles off the line, Runs with the big dogs on the freeway, I would like to say it will easily do 100 MPH but I won't because that's against the law (just trust me on this one), I was owner of an Auto and RV Service Center and I have worked on thousands of cars, trucks and RV's and nothing has impressed me as this NISSAN LEAF. This vehicle made WORLD CAR OF THE YEAR!. Plus NO EMISSIONs. Note: My Nissan Leaf replaced my quad cab pick-up and the wife and I took the money we would spent on gas, oil and maintenance every week and put it in a savings account and two years later we have $9,020.00 dollars in the account. Also, If I was paying for electricity it would cost me only about $35.00 per month. However, sense I have Solar and don't have an electric bill, it is all pure clean and free energy. How many miles can you drive for free? If you want to go green this is the way to do it."

Dissappointed with range

By on Sunday, September 15, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "Drives well, quality build"

Cons: "Short range on freeways."

"I just test drove a 2011 Leaf with 6000 miles on it. I have a 56 mile round trip commute so I asked for a long test drive since the dealership is two blocks from my work. So I drove it from the dealership to my house and back. The drive is mostly freeway miles with only one big hill and a few small ones. I put on the a/c and head lights to try to see what it could do in extreme conditions. When I left the dealership the range meter said 84 miles. When I got back to the dealership I had gone 57 miles and the battery level was all the way down and the miles indicator was flashing a low battery warning for the final 3 miles or so. I was very disappointed that the Leaf could not go 50ish miles on the freeway in ECO mode at 65 mph without completely running the battery down. I was glad I took it for the long test drive before buying it expecting to get at least 60 plus on a full charge. The ride and everything else was very good, just couldn't worry about the mileage everyday of my commute, so I didn't buy it."

The Future is here!

By on Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Pros: "Near zero emissions, fun to drive, cool technology, no more gas stations"

Cons: "Cheap sun visors, manual seats, no spontaneous errands more than 5 miles out of my way."

"While not for everyone, if you meet the target market for this car; daily commute under 70 miles, temperate climate, ability to have a 240 volt/30 amp charger installed, second gas/diesel vehicle for weekends and trips, I highly recommend the Leaf as a way to reduce your dependance on BIG OIL. Range anxiety is the issue most touted by journalists and commentors as the Leaf's achilles heel. If your daily commute is 70 miles or less, you will never have a problem with running out of power. Driving dynamics are much better than I expected. Power delivery is smooth and linear, handling is suprisingly nimble and ride quality is communicative without being jarring. Interior technology is superb with high-end features that you would expect in a $35K car. Interior surfaces are acceptable, but are definately a less than ideal combination. The only disappointment in regards to the interior is the sun visors and the manual seat adjustment, both have an econo-box feel to them and are a reminder that Nissan cut some corners in the interior to deliver the Leaf at a almost reasonable price. The exterior styling is distinctive and quite practical, but I like hatchbacks and wagons. At almost the same price as my Volvo V50 wagon, I think the Leaf is a great way to support alternative fuel vehicle development without sacrificing my comfort."

Awesome car, I love driving it.

By on Saturday, September 24, 2011

Pros: "Quiet, comfortable, Great air conditioner for AZ, Great acceleration up to 45 mph then tappers off."

Cons: "Sun visors aren't great."

"Fun car to drive. We absolutely love it. So far our leaf is averaging 220 kw usage per 1,000 miles. At our electric. rates that is $24/1,000 miles of driving. I installed 6 solar electric panels which are producing 240( ) kw/month to offset our usage. We use the leaf for all of our 80 mile or less drives. That range will be extended as they add more charging stations. Above 60mph the battery drain rate seems to increase. If you go 75 mph on the freeway the range is reduced to between 50 to 70 miles depending on how much of a reserve you are comfortable with and how many hills you encounter. We use a 240V level 2 charger. With inter-day charging we occasionally put 130 miles on our leaf for the day. My 17 year old son drives his 4 teenage friends around on the weekends. The 5 teenagers fit comfortably in the Leaf. With the back seat laid down I can fit one bicycle in with the front wheel on or 2 bicycles with their front wheels removed. Plugging the Leaf in has been a lot less effort than I had imagined. I just pop the plug cover latch from inside the car before I get out the grab the cord and plug it in as I walk by the front of the car to go in the house. Electric cars are not for everyone, but the Leaf has worked out great for our family. (just wish we had two)"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Nissan LEAF near Honolulu. See local deals