2011 Nissan JUKE

8.4

Based on 208 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

Cute design but rough ride

By on Saturday, January 7, 2012

Pros: "cute and quick"

Cons: "rough ride, lack of storage, sound system"

"Love the look and the speedy acceleration but not satisfied with the space(storage)or the rough ride. The sound system is not that great as well. I am already considering trading after only having it a year."

Nice vehicle but critical Nissan blunder

By on Sunday, September 25, 2016

Reason: Poor windsheild wipers; headlights; info/media center

Pros: "quality ride"

Cons: "wipers; confusing info/media center/Headlights"

"This car was all that I thought it would be at first until I experienced my first nasty evening rainstorm. Turned the wipers on and the drivers side wiper wavered across the windshield during the moderate rain. The running lights up near the top of the hood also give you a false sense of security. The main headlights are located about a ft. lower in the grill so if you're not paying attention at sundown you could be driving around with only your running lights on until you pull up behind a car and see no reflection on the license plate in front of you, (which happened to me). The climate/media center is just too complex for me. I know with practice you get used to it, but of all the cars I've ever owned this was the most confusing. It has navigation built in which was nice. With all this being said, I was not happy with the car and could see it was really going to be a problem when the snow started flying in Wisconsin. The biggest factor of me trading it in so soon was a very minor, but critical issue if you live in cold weather. When you stop, get gas and try and wash your windows? You can only raise the wipers a couple of inches! You have to stop your engine with the wipers still going so they stop perpendicular on the window to get any leverage to get a brush under them. In cold weather??? It will be a nightmare, pain in the hinder to clean snow and ice away the windshield. If you park your car outside and have to scrape the windshield? Good luck! I was not able to test the AWD but I imagine that's not an issue. I ended up going back to the dealer to voice my concerns, especially those wipers and I ended up trading it and took out a lease on a 2016 Jeep Renegade...so far so good since the deal they gave me was too good to pass up. It's a bummer that such a minor issue of windshield wipers had to spoil what I thought was a great car-buy, but when you live in Wisconsin, you rely on them for safe driving in the winter. These wipers belong on a Chevy Chevette! Nissan blew it for this car to be driven in cold weather climates. My advice is to not buy this car if you live in a state that gets snow and ice unless you think it's not an issue to you. Before you take time for a test drive, check the wipers so you know what I mean, they are recessed slightly below the hood. If you think that's not a problem? Go for the test drive. If I would've saw that flaw, I would've of wasted my time. Nissan makes good, quality vehicles. Hopefully, some engineer at Nissan who designs the Juke will read this so it gets fixed next year. Thanks for reading my long winded review but I hope it was worth it for you :-)"

Super fun car and a great value for the money

By on Monday, February 10, 2014

Pros: "Super fun to drive & very well equipped."

Cons: "No center arm rest & inadequate interior lighting"

"I've had my 2011 Juke SL for exactly 3 years and just hit 60,000 miles. It's been a great car and probably the most fun to drive out of the dozen or so vehicles I've owned in my driving lifetime. I'm very satisfied with it. I do have some suggestions for improvements: I wish it had a center console armrest and a dead pedal and I wish it was just a little bit bigger and the interior lighting is horribly inadequate. You can't see anything in the back seat at night (my wife loses her purse back there every time) and the rear cargo area also needs overhead lighting badly. I rated the quality a bit low because at 60,000 miles and barely 3 years old we found the exhaust system needs to be replaced already. The long exhaust pipe connected to the muffler and the muffler itself are all rotted and they broke apart from eachother so it sounds like I'm driving an old clunker. It's not covered under warranty and my dealer says I'm the first Juke owner they've seen with this issue and they had to order parts and can't tell me how long it'll take to get them. The new parts cost about $480 plus labor and will be covered for life once installed by my dealer which is good. I'm disappointed they used such a poor quality exhaust system on the Juke and I'm very embarrassed to be driving it right now because it's so loud. Anyway, I'll be getting it fixed and plan to keep the Juke for a few more years providing nothing major goes wrong."

Im 57 female

By on Sunday, August 11, 2013

"My midlife crisis car, in the 70's I had a 1976 4 barrel 350 horsepower CAMARO. ACTUALLY MY CAMARO WAS THE BOMB!!!! But I love this little Juke!!! No comparing my CAMARO but I am 57 now. You see old coot men in THIER sports cars. Looking silly might I add. I don't look as silly in this. I love it Look out you old Coot I will pass you up!!"

Loaded

By on Monday, May 16, 2011

"I've had the SL AWD for five months. MPG were way off at first. 22-23 for hwy/city mix. Break in took forever but now with 8,500 miles on it I'm getting 26-27 mpg. It's not the greatest for long trips due to the lack of a center console and the door arm rest is to low for me. I really miss having a console. No more having things within easy reach. People of size don't fit comfortably. I love the room in the back with the seat laid down. I can easily sleep back there on long trips. My 2 large dogs fit well back there when I run errands, but then I have to put all my shopping bags in the front passenger seat. You can't beat all the options you get in the SL for the price. I do miss having space and storage. The car is great though for your everyday running around."

Love, Love LOVE My Juke!

By on Saturday, February 26, 2011

"I've had this vehicle for about 2 months so far, and am still having a blast! This vehicle is perfect for those looking for a small, sporty AWD that is fun to drive (and I mean FUN!) Great handling and zippy performance. Although I had to get used to a little initial lag when you hit the pedal - once it kicks in, you are rolling! The three modes - Eco/Normal/Sport let you tailor the driving to the situation. I will confess that I've only tried Eco out of curiosity - the sport mode is lots more fun! Have been through two snows with this so far - 8 and 5 inches' worth, and the Juke was sure-footed in the snow (MUCH better than Hubby's 4WD mid-sized SUV). Style - If you are a driver who wants to blend in with the "crowd" - this is NOT the vehicle for you. Very distinctive styling that draws lots of looks, questions, and compliments. I chose the SL version - auto, AWD (with ALL the options you could want, including Leather, Nav, heated seats etc...) in Electric Blue. Had to wait a while for this particular combo due to the demand for such a newly-introduced vehicle - but it was definately worth the wait. Plus got a great deal on financing. Cons: Fuel economy was rated 25-30 mpg. With 1200 miles driving so far - I'm at 21.1 mpg. While I recognize that my driving style is not conservative, I would have hoped for something closer to 25 mpg. Additional recommendations: Would like to see a few more spots of internal storage in future designs. Heated mirrors and power seats would also be nice future additions to the SL package level. All in all - I love my Juke, would purchase again in a heartbeat."

Great all around - tons of personality

By on Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pros: "riot to drive (6 speed), different, well equipped"

Cons: "no courtesy light in rear seat area - too dark"

"Traded in our Mini Cooper S for the Juke SV 6speed and never looked back! Performance and handling were just as good (if not better). Reliability was excellent (unlike our Cooper S which broke down every chance it could even with excellent maintenance!) Lots more useable room inside, yet still super compact. Liked the fact that it was different/funky by design. One of the best cars all-around car we've owned. Super fun, "jack of all trades" type of automobile - does everything great at 9/10ths (which is fine for us in the real world)."

If it ain't a Juke, it's a joke!

By on Sunday, January 9, 2011

"This car puts the competition to shame! No smallish AWD hatch even comes close. Juke has the best AWD system, ground clearance, horsepower, handling, braking tech including brake-accelerator override, and an excellent list of standard features. Out on the road the steering is sharp and direct, but never darty, with minimal roll in the corners and ample grip. The ride is firm, but not at all harsh. Road noise is there but not half what you'd expect from such a firm suspension. Those accustomed to a sport-tuned suspension might find it downright luxurious due to it's long suspension travel. Can be a bit bouncy at times but those occasions are rare. Strangely, wind noise is low but the side mirrors are huge (bulbous fender lights at work aerodynamically?). Good all around visibility and easy to maneuver in tight places. Short front and rear body overhangs swept upward in shape mean scraping the underbody on ramps, parking blocks, curbs, etc is nearly impossible. The torque vectoring AWD is impressive. Equally so is the I-CON system. It actually works! Each driving mode makes the car feel profoundly different to drive. You'll need to utilize "Eco Mode" to get the sticker MPG, and you can't simply floor the accelerator so the car behaves like in "Normal Mode" and expect to achieve those MPG numbers. The fuel efficiency data stored in the I-CON's computer is extensive and very helpful. Though some of the I-CON instrumentation such as a dual axis g-force meter are comically superfluous, at the same time you can't help but feel flattered that Nissan would take the time to make information that the car's sensors are recording available for the customer to see. Clearly they didn't have to. It's a nice touch and bit of fun for passengers. Cost cutting took place to offer the high tech motor, control computer, and AWD at a low price point. Carpet, headliner, and interior plastics are cheap but not unattractive. Extra mats to protect the carpet (and carpeted OEM mats) are a must. The OEM all-weather mats should do the trick. Reliability remains to be seen as the car is newly released and has a lot of tech. However, most of Nissan's products have been at least average if not above average in reliability so I am very optimistic. In conclusion, the Juke ticks all the boxes save for tons of cargo room and second row comfort for tall passengers. If neither of those things bother you, the Juke is the one and only choice. Nobody else is offering this much car for such a small price."

good and bad points to owning this car

By on Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Pros: "stylish with lots of upgrade options"

Cons: "see my complete review for details"

"I bought my 2013 Juke SL loaded in Oct 2012, so I have had it for a year, and I am not all that happy with it. It has style, I will give Nissan that, but interior design has some issues. No arm rest in the middle, which I know you can buy after but you'd give up what little center console space you have. The arm rests on the door are fabric with tiny holes so every time you or your passenger opens the door, it sloughs off any dry skin you may have. It looks dull and faded compared to the rest of the black leather interior. I feel like I am getting DNA samples. I am very neat and clean, no kids, and this bugs me for the $27K I spent. You can't put down the backseat on the passenger side without taking the headrest off so it clears the front seat even with the front being moved forward a little. If your short and have to move the seat up a little (which is a pump not electric even though I have every option available), good luck trying to wedge your hand between the door arm rest and your seat. Gas mileage - avg 26 mpg, not great considering I drove a V6 Ford Escape that got that and was more functional."

Best car yet!

By on Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Pros: "The sound system, navigation, display, and the rde"

Cons: "Having to buy SD cars for the navigation system"

"I have to say I am an blue blooded American that said I would never buy a car not made in America. Well, I have owned a Cadallic, Mustang, AMC (I think that was what it was called in the 70's), Z-24 and a Tracker. I love the handing of the Juke and the look had me at "Hello" Bought it on the spot! The sound system, navigation, display, and most importantly the ride was second to the Cadallic. 10 Stars from me."

I love my Juke!

By on Thursday, June 16, 2016

I don't own this car

Pros: "lots of pep, turbo, tons of features!"

Cons: "none!"

"Only selling my Juke to save money on car payments! Very reliable, great in the snow in MN winters!"

I Adore my Juke!!!!

By on Sunday, May 29, 2011

Pros: "Great Styling!!!"

"I love my Juke! Nissan needs to kick up the marketing, because people are asking me what it is all the time. That said it draws great attention and I love to show it off! I love the way it handles! I would say this is a better car for a woman, as you can see the 5'9 man is it getting cramped up in his review. I am a woman in my 30's. The gas has great options, I switch the drive to "ECO" when I want to save gas $$ and "TURBO" when I want to go fast, (all with the push of a button while driving). My partner and I love to go on long trip in our JUKE and our wallets do too! I love the navigation, especially when in unfamiliar places...I can find anything! I recomend the SL model, like I have!"

LOVE THIS CAR!!!

By on Friday, August 10, 2012

Pros: "Out of ordinary, eye-catching style & Turbo boost"

Cons: "The Name, small radio/Nav system"

"Had a jeep - great car, but gas mileage and inner city parking was a hazard. Wanted a smaller car with SUV capabilities - did not expect the eye catching style or the Turbo boost bonus. Driving is a pleasure again. Receives compliments daily. Will be one year old tomorrow. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! ..... definitely wishing for many more"

Great Car for the Money and for the Right Consumer

By on Monday, January 6, 2014

Pros: "various modes; eco, sport, normal,"

Cons: "offer a lighter interior"

"I got just what I wanted: 1. Leather Interior 2. Good Gas Mileage; 20+ is considered green by DOT. 3. Enough cargo for a single woman with two 70lb dogs. I don't want to cart people around. In the last ten years, I've probably had less than 10 people in my back seat. 4. Higher than sedans, so you can see the traffic ahead. 5. Horsepower...when you want or need it. 6. Styling, it aerodynamic and contemporary. All the SUVS and sedans look alike. Many of the cons I've read were items you know going into getting the car. In my opinion, it is not a true con. The later models offer an arm rest. The dealer can install it after purchase. The only concern is that the armrest, a feature post the initial launch of the car to market, over laps the second cup holder. So you can easily fit a can of soda or small water in it OR use one of the two holders on the doors. If the fabric on the doors is a concern, simply spray some fabric protector on it. It does have a bit of a bumpy drive; again, noticeable in a test drive and normal for a higher level set frame. Not any worse than any other car in its class. It is contemporary, fun, and unique. If you don't LOVE the car, regardless of the vehicle; don't buy it. Peace out."

Nice Car....but

By on Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Pros: "Higher off the ground than most small cars."

Cons: "No armrest or console."

"I really like this car. The only thing I don't like is that there is no armrest or console. Other than that, this is a great car. It is small, however my son is 6'4 and he has been in the backseat for several trips and he is ok."

great sporty crossover that could be better

By on Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, handles like a sport car, very unique looking, great price"

Cons: "poor gas mileage, no trunk space, need to use premium fuel, no drivers armrest"

"Disappointed in the gas mileage, hard pressed to get anything near rated EPA. I am light on the gas, windows closed, no A/C, used premium fuel and still can't get above 25-26 MPG at best. You need to use premium fuel otherwise you risk even less efficient gas mileage and long term damage to the turbo. The AWD versions only have an 11.8 gallon gas tank, so with this and the poor gas mileage expect to be a frequent customer at your favorite gas stations. For the driving enthusiasts, the AWD version is not available in a manual transmission ... only the FWD version. Come on Nissan .... you were sooo close with this one."

Fun to drive, more roomy than it looks, economical

By on Sunday, October 7, 2012

Pros: "Well designed. Economical. Comfortable. Fun Bravo!"

Cons: "1 suggestion; larger. sliding sun visors"

"This is the perfect commuter car. I drive about 60 miles to and from work. The only issue I have it that I wish the visors slid on their arm for flexible positioning. The car is comfortable and everything works great. Well designed and very functional. Roomier than it looks. Gets good gas mileage for a non-hybrid 4WD. And, aesthetically interesting."

best small AWD

By on Thursday, October 28, 2010

"I test drove the AWD automatic and found it to be almost as fun as the comercials. On Eco and Normal mode there is a hesitation when starting, but Sport mode is as fast or faster than my V-6 accord. The vectoring AWD pulls the car around tight corners with ease.Nice interior for a less expensive crossover, The engine has a litttle whine as the turbo kicks in, but I kind of liked it. Good ground clearance, no premium gas needed and one full size suitcase WILL fit in the trunk with some room to spare, ( I brought a suitcase with me). It beats the AWD seadans in ground clearance and looks, I'll be buying one soon."

MOST LOVED CAR!

By on Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pros: "Great gas milage, all around impressed"

Cons: "limited space in hatch"

"It is def. more spacious than it looks. Gets around and handles really great. I love my car. I have been getting 29 mpg and have to drive all kinds of weather."

Super Fun Car!

By on Saturday, December 14, 2013

Pros: "Great Value for the price and fun to drive!!"

Cons: "No center console as a junk catcher and arm rest."

"Although I have only had my car for about 2 weeks, it is a blast to drive. Since I am 50 and was sick of being so practical my whole life, I decided I wanted something sporty and fun to drive. I test drove a few cars, but I was bored with them until I stumbled on this car in the back lot of the dealership. Yes, it is quirky and odd looking, but that is what caught my eye at first. I couldn't stop smiling on the test drive and I haven't stopped yet. I have the SL model that is fully loaded with all the whistles and bells and it was only $22,300!! It is a great car if you don't have alot of people to transport, which is another reason I got this car. Also, we just had a severe sleet and ice condition here and my car was able to navigate through it all with no problems that left others in the ditch! LOVE THIS CAR!!!"

Coolest car on the road

By on Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Pros: "Different from everything else, fun to drive"

Cons: "Not much space, but I knew that before I purchased"

"I looked for months for a new car/suv to buy. The Juke was by far the most interesting vehicle I could find for under 30K, and I still like it more than the luxury vehicles that are out there. Small cars like the Honda fit are just ridiculous looking, and I thought the Juke was very original and cool. I was convinced after the test drive that this was the car for me. I have been getting the EPA mpg when I drive carefully, I think all of the complaints are from people having too much fun with the turbo. The mpg is up to the driver more so than with other vehicles. I think the 2011 had a lot of problems, but the 2013 has been great."

Really Enjoy My Juke and Drive it Every day

By on Sunday, October 21, 2012

Pros: "Fun car to drive, room in front, great price"

Cons: "Needs interior arm rest, power seats"

"I am getting 30 -31 mpg going to work everyday on a 15 mile trek with freeway and in town traffic driving. My first leg is at 70 mph then drops to 45 mph. So as you see some is highway some is city. Enjoy the sporty handling and size. Air Conditioner will freeze you out and radio is good. Bluetooth is great as well. Would like an interior arm rest though. I pretty much drive in Normal mode and very rarely switch to turbo or eco mode. Did on a trip to Dallas and did not see too much difference overall if you got in heavy traffic as IH 35 does. Love my car and really enjoy it."

I love my car =)

By on Friday, August 31, 2012

Pros: "cute, small, easy to drive"

Cons: "small gas tank, mpg is not that good"

"I've been wanting a juke ever since I heard Nissan was coming out with a car the size of a mini. I always wanted a small car and this car looked so cute when it came out even though a lot of people said it was ugly. I've owned this car for about a week now and enjoy driving it a lot. Sirius xm makes driving in traffic a lot less boring too. The only negative thing i have about this car is the gas. Even though I drive in Eco mode pretty much 95% of the time, the mgp i get is only 27. And because I drive in Eco mode to try to save more gas, accelerating take quite a bit of time and I noticed that more cars are passing me and cutting me off since I started driving a Juke. Also, the gas tank is pretty small, only about 11 gallons. So expect to visit the pump pretty much every week. Other than that, I really have no complain, its just such a cute car and I just love it!"

More than what meets the eye!

By on Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pros: "SUV like, but without the "bigness""

Cons: "Miss the armrest"

"Either you like the styling or you don't. I am finding that for the most part, people are telling me that they like the different look. Gas mileage is what I expected, around 25......alot depends how you drive it. I like sitting up in traffic and the Juke seems much bigger than it is while driving. This is a car that you can interact with by changing the driving modes. Interior quality is not that of a luxury car, but I have the fully loaded SL model and all the options are there, just cheaper. I gave up a Honda Accord Coupe for the Juke and I feel like I am actually driving again as you will feel the road, feel a little more sports car oriented and see the road much better. I live in a hilly area with normal winter conditions, so I look forward to how it will handle in the snow. All in all, a real fun car to drive."

Funky and fun - just my style!

By on Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Pros: "Fun, funky & spunky"

Cons: "lacking interior lights & arm rests,small gas tank"

"I have had my car since Aug 2011 and I still have folks asking me about it all the time. I love the way it looks and the way it drives. It's just the right size for my kid and me and I don't get asked to be the taxi very often ;) My only complaints would be the same as I have read from others, not enough interior lighting, no arm rests and gas tank is too small. All these things are minor and I have learned to live with them."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Nissan JUKE near Honolulu. See local deals