• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2014 Nissan GT-R Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $91,917 - $95,440.

9.5

Based on 39 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

9.7/10

The GTR is a bit ovverated by the fans.

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Reason: Overrated

Pros: "Awesome performance for cheaper money."

Cons: "Not so reliable, rough annoying ride,"

"Though the GTR is a bit overrated by the fans the only thing I can say that's tremendously great is the fact that the average joe can now enjoy performance near that of Porsche,Lambo, Viper, and Z06 etc. No matter how many times you hear that it's the fastest car on the planet, the sad reality is that it's not. Fans just say that for many reasons and though I have my own,I'll let you come up with your own theories on why they do this,lol. Anyway two things I never liked was the fact that they(Nissan Dealer) never let you test drive one before you buy, or rarely (That's to keep you from comparing it,lol) secondly nissan does NOT I repeat does NOT stand behind the transmission or more importantly the customer. Iowned a 2013 GTR, until last month, and I fought tooth and nail with Nissan, and it cost me over $20,000 USD in attorney fees to get nissan to buy back their GTR with the burned out Transmission and Launch Control. Now I have another battle brewing over being compensated for those attorney fees, so that I can pay back some of it to my dad and brother. Okay yes I attempted to race a gallardo, and a Porsche GT3 but got my rear handed to me, and ended up on the side of the track in Florida with a GTR that refused to move. Obviously many of you fellow GTR owners know that in order to run numbers closer to those cars or better,on the 1/4 mile, you need to engauge launch control. So why did Nissan put in the launch control??? especially when it burns out. I'm not here to discourage anyone on the GTR, or cause you to dislike it, I am here to bring about awareness to those who may have thoughts of forking over hard earned cash to a Nissan salesman for a product that on the long run may end up really disappointing you. I bought a Porsche (Unfortunately I had to go used) and am slowly modifying it and so far I'm really excited and happy with my investment. I think this one made me fall in love all over again. I recommend the GTR for the money, if you're not able to afford a McLaren, Porsche, Audi, Lambo, Ferrari etc. Good luck!"

WOW

By on Monday, March 03, 2014

Pros: "Performance, value, safety,fun,adrenaline pumping"

Cons: "Exepnsive for the average Joe"

"I own a 2014 Nissan GTR and all I can say is WOW, this is simply the best performance to value package on the market. Nothing comes close to the handling, acceleration and top end speed of this car. Everyone I've taken for rides in the car loves it, one of my friends even bought one for himself."

No competition @ this price

By on Tuesday, April 30, 2013

I want this car

Pros: "4 seats, twin Ts v6, under 120k, fast, fun"

Cons: "interior is improving, stiffer ride cuz of tires"

"this car is LITERALLY the only car you can buy and feel like you get a bang for your buck! this car holds its own value very well and does exactly what everyone says in performance reviews. I do not own one yet as they are still a bit out of my price range but I have done my research for sure. Ya everyone knows that you can buy a $1,000,000+ car like bughatti veyron or hennessey venom gt or others like that and they will beat this car in the long hull....but who wants to put $1mil as their daily driver or even weekly driver at that? At the top of the line (GTR Black Edition) you are hitting just over $110,000!!! that is 1/10 the cost of million dollar cars AND it PERFORMS like it was $1mill. Seriously if you do not believe me go look up reviews on youtube or go to nissan's website and just read the info on it. sure Nissan is not American made but very few supercars are. the corvette Z06 and ZR1 are the closest American cars that come to the same value...but even then I beg to differ. A twin turbo V6 vs a supercharged v8 Z06 will certainly suprise you who is the winner and by how much. This is one of the few cars that enthusiasts are raving about and actually has helped resale value. I read a review on here that said someone had an increase in value after they drove it off the lot (when is that ever heard of????) and everyone loves it! even the people who complain about the interior or ride comfort give it 9 or 10 and would recommend it 10 out of 10. MPG is great for a supercar if you really think about it and definitely a head turner for people who know supercars. The ignorant other drivers think it looks fast (which it is) but the real thrill seekers know exactly what this car can do and often want to just see it in person (that is the same with all supercars). You may have a hard time trying to do a test drive because they are so valuable but if you can afford it I would recommend getting one! For those of you who are crazy enough to see what a super car modified to be even more powerful is like check into this: "AMS ALPHA 12 GTR" (you will not be disappointed)"

Nissan GTR 2010

By on Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pros: "Performance, price, looks, AWD and much more"

Cons: "No auto headlights"

"What an absolute dream car. Super car performance at a fantastically low price (relatively speaking) Despite the massive horsepower and torque the AWD system keeps it planted firmly on the road. They hold their money too Its a dream come true."

Awesome Attention getting car

By on Thursday, November 22, 2012

Pros: "Speed, acceleration, power, attention, interior"

Cons: "The beeping noise when car goes in reverse."

"If you like to drive a car that people drool over than this is the car for you. It is comforting to know that you are driving one of the fastest and most powerful cars on the road. Every report I read about the GTR is true. The extra road noises and engine noises is all part of the mystique of this car. The interior cockpit is awesome with lots of gadgets and a great touch screen. The Super Silver is worth the extra cost and by far the best color in the GTR."