2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab

Based on 163 Ratings for the 2005 - 2017 models.

It is the third Nissan truck I have owned.

By on Saturday, November 17, 2012

Pros: "powerful engine, good braking,"

Cons: "rearview field of vision could be better."

"This truck will haul hay and take u to the store. All with good mileage, power V6, and with the 4-wheel drive if it snows no problem. I really like my truck. It also holds its value for resale.Very good driving visibility and ride height too."

Good truck better then competitors

By on Saturday, June 30, 2012

Pros: "Strong V6, Reliability, Quality"

Cons: "wish it had better gas milage"

"Strong V6 Pro-4X has great audio system Leather Powered Heated Seats Handles well on any road condition Quiet and Quality Interior"

A fantastic Truck!!

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "Reliability, comfort, practicality, fun to drive"

Cons: "Burns a lot of oil"

"I have owned this truck for three years. It has never given me one bit of trouble in any way. I love the power everything (except seats), cruise control, and black bed liner. I added a tinted power sliding sunroof with multiple settings, sunroof wind protector (smoke in color), side window wind protectors (smoke in color), bug guard (smoke in color), low profile (black) tool box, custom tail light covers, black sheep skin seat covers, black dashboard cover, tan and black steering wheel cover, custom copper and black shift knob and black Nissan Frontier floor mats. Since the accents (OEM) are tan and black and the truck itself is Artic White with side moldings, the additions that I made makes this truck a real head turner. I have been offered (numerous times) the purchase of my truck on the spot. It is one of a kind! And with the way the truck performs and handles, it makes my truck VERY valuable. I have always owned Nissan; from Maxima to my Frontier. Nissan simply put...makes and puts out QUALITY cars and trucks!! Thanks!!!!!"

for a small pick up as good as it gets

By on Friday, November 25, 2011

Pros: "absolutely no problems. Looks like new both paint"

Cons: "would like 50 mpg."

"Only have 43,000 miles without any problems. Just put one Michlen with aggressive tread and mileage dropped to 17 mpg around town have no idea as to hwy but don't drive it much. Very roomy comfortable interior. 4 wheel discs. terrific qualiy small truck."

Solid Truck

By on Sunday, May 26, 2013

Pros: "Solidframe,tuned power,reliability,roominess,value"

Cons: "WOT restrction,no Aux input,alarm,lowish clearance"

"I've had this truck for 3 years and 35000 miles so far and is has been very reliable. No problems through the entire ownership so far other than a clicking through the steering column that the dealer is fixing under warranty. The truck feels solid and well-constructed, the doors are heavy and the frame is stiff. The bedliner is useful and durable. The price for a SE V6 4X4 with the value truck package was about 27,000 but I paid 21,300. Great value. The gas mileage is about 17 in my suburban/city driving. The V6 felt weak and would lag when I pressed the gas and it would rev high but not deliver. It felt like a 4 cylinder. Did some research and discovered that Nissan puts a Wide Open Throttle restriction on the engine which apparently cuts power by 33 percent. I bought a superchips tuner $300 and removed the restriction and it is night and day difference. The engine is very powerful and has great grunt and the lag is gone. Before the tuner, I almost sold the truck for a Ram because the V6 power was so abysmal. So the power is now excellent, the lag is gone (especially with overdrive turned off) and I still get about 17 mpg. The stock tires hhydroplaned often, so I bought Firestone Destination A/T and they are excellent. Great treadwear. Ground clearance seemed much lower than my last Tacoma, and I got stuck in deep snow often because the body hangs low. I lifted the truck two inches and it makes a huge difference. The truck didnt come with anything to hook up my iPod to, so I installed a kenwood navigation system which is great. Stock speakers when adjusted correctly are actually excellent. My only complaint is no alarm system or immobilizer came on the vehicle. It was added a year later to the value truck package. I'll add an immobilizer, alarm, and remote start combo soon. THe truck's looks are excellent, especially with the chrome bumper. The steering is very well weighted and speed sensitive. Brakes could be a lot better, they wern't bad for a while, but at 35000 miles, they might need new pads. Also, nissan extended the transmission and radiator warranty to about 8 years, 80000 miles due to some frontiers having cross contamination of fluids. Ill watch out for this. Overall, I am extremely satisfied with this truck. I had a 2009 tacoma and a 2010 Jeep wrangler Compareed to these two, the frontier is excellent. It feels a lot more solid than the tacoma and it has substantially more headroom and kneeroom and the headrests are not as obtrusive. And it is cheaper than comparably equipped tacomas and nissan seems more willing to negotiate. The tacoma was a good truck, high clearance and fast, but the Frontier is the better match for me-especially after the superchips tuner and the 2 inch lift kit. Additionally, this Frontier is very safe, according to the insurance institute of highway safety."

GREAT TRUCK!

By on Saturday, May 24, 2014

Pros: "Local driving 17 MPG."

"My wife and I bought this truck and we are very happy with it. We bought the SV with the V-6 engine. It was equipped with the value package which includes a lot of accessories. This truck is very fast and powerful. It is much better than others in its class. We would recommend this truck."

Very Good truck Very happy

By on Friday, September 28, 2012

"Very good all around truck, 4x4 was great in the snow better than I hope for, very comfortable on long road trips I get 18/22mpg V-6 auto, 28 months 21,000 miles no problems at all, it has very nice sounding stock CD/Radio"

For the money good truck.

By on Friday, March 16, 2012

"Turning radius poor, need longer arm to close door when fully opened v-6 very snappy like IT."

By on Thursday, April 14, 2011

"The worst truck i have ever owned multiple manufacturer defects. problem with radiator wears a hole over time doesnt matter how good you take care of it. coolant will leak into your transmission and your engine wich will basically ruin your whole truck. i have spent 6,700 dollars over this last month getting all this repaired and its only 2,000 miles over the 80,000 mile warranty. DO NOT BUY THIS TRUCK."

Dont get a Nissan

By on Friday, September 7, 2007

"I owned my NISMO less than than 3 years, the Universal joint had to be replaced at 30k miles, the starter went out at 75k and then at 80k i was told by my mechanic to trade because the transmission was going out...it is a great vehicle if you just want to sit in it and not drive but at high miles you will have problems..my neighbor had the same problems from a Nissan, we both have Toyota's now"