2000 Nissan Frontier King Cab

Based on 408 Ratings for the 1998 - 2004 models.

best truck ive ever owned

By on Friday, March 16, 2012

"350000 on same motor"

ENGINE PROBLEMS

By on Saturday, November 24, 2007

"From what I have heard my issues were an oddity. my 04 developed a knock somewhere around 20-22k which turned out to be a wrist pin failure. The dealer I leased it from short-blocked it. Ever since then it seems to feel like it has lower power. I did break in the new motor correctly. Other then that the truck has been pretty bullet-proof. It doesnt chew up oil or use antifreeze, I did recently develop a small p/s leak which I used some Lucus product to cure. All in all its decent on mileage. Runs great in the snow and even with its funny looks is not a bad looking truck. It kinda grows on you. I do wish I had waited one more yr to get into the new style but thats life. I gave it 4 stars across the board except reliability if I hadn't gotten the wrist pin issue I would have given it 4's and 5's"

Great Truck

By on Monday, June 27, 2016

Pros: "Great price, dependable, work horse, fun to own"

Cons: "Very hard to come up with anything against!"

"From the time I drove the new Frontier off the lot until the current 148000 miles this truck has been reliable, inexpensive to maintain and has done more work then I believe any other truck would have done. The only maintenance has been regular oil changes, tires, shocks."

Reliable and easy to repair

By on Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Pros: "dependable, and tough"

"This vehicle has been reliable and hardwearing for the 6 years I have owned it, and I am the 3rd owner. The only major repair has been replacing the clutch which is to be expected at this age. I have used it to tow more than it should and drive on roads it was never meant for and it has done it all."

best purchase I've made with a new vehicle

By on Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Pros: "dependable and comfortable not bad power for 4cyl."

Cons: "hit wipers on,hard get between seat. traction fair"

"I've driven across this beautiful country and many miles between and never had a single problem. I bought knowing that the early nissan and datsan were dependable. Keep it taken care of and love it like you mean it and it will love you back with many non worry dependable miles."

Low maintenance cost of ownership

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pros: "Low maintenance and good miles per gallon"

Cons: "Can not win a drag race but is dependable"

"This is the most reliable and dependable vehicle I have ever owned. Very low maintenance and good overall mpg at 22. A recent engine compression test is still around factory specs at 150. Hopefully I will get another 100000 miles out of it."

Unbeatable reliability

By on Monday, August 6, 2012

Pros: "Economical and reliable - rides and handles well"

Cons: "No cons."

"I bought this 1998 Frontier in 2000, with 38,000 miles on it. Now, in 2012, and 85000 miles on it, I am amazed at the lack of repairs needed. Other than routine maintenance, like tires, brakes, fuel filter etc, this vehicle has required no expense for upkeep. It runs well, rides and handles well. Even the A/C has never needed servicing. This is my fifth Nissan truck. I am now retired and the present one is just for normal family use. The previous four were used in my buisness. The only repair expense was for a clutch plate replacement at 100,000 miles, much of it pulling heavy boat trailers."

This was the first vehicle that I ever bought new.

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "Great for the weekend off road trip."

Cons: "Mileage not great with the 4X4"

Just paused for a photo

"12 years later I still own it and love it. Great in the sand and climbs well. I have never had any problems with it and when I buy another truck it will be a frontier."

Just paused for a photo

Anything else would be uncivilized.

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "Lasts forever"

Cons: "No ashtray"

"204000 miles, routine maint. only. Still running with original battery. When does that ever happen? Motor"

I LOVE MY TRUCK!

By on Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pros: "Small and easy to drive, good MPG, low maintenance"

Cons: "Cloth interior not as tough as rest of truck"

"This was my first new car and it has been worth it. It is dependable, easy to maintain and durable. How many little chevy or ford trucks make it over 100k? Try over 200k."

This truck is simply amazing

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

"I have owned the truck for 3 1/2 years and other than normal oil changes I have only replaced the battery and a headlight. The only major repair was the timing belt which is costly, but expected. The truck had 100,000 miles on it when I bought it. I drive all over SC for work and at 205,000 miles I have no reservations about driving anywhere in the truck."

2002 XE king is reliable

By on Tuesday, April 26, 2011

"Have had no issues other than with the cargo area lamp, and one bad fuse on the blower fan. The ride is a bit stiff and bumpy, but otherwise, a reliable vehicle."

Good Truck

By on Tuesday, March 17, 2009

"I have a 1999 4 Cyn. Frontier XE King Cab with a 5 speed manuel. I've had this truck since 2004. I use it daily to get to work and back. I drive about 70 miles a day. I also use it in my country place to haul wood, dirt, etc. It's gotta a few dings and the seats are a little worn but other then that it's a good truck. I've been asked more then once if I want to sell it. Other then the normal maintenance e.g. oil changes, tires, tune up, new brakes I haven't done anything major to it. I live in S. Tx so I gotta have a good AC. I run the AC all summer and the engine always runs cool. I would recommend this truck to any one interested in getting a reliable pickup. One last thing it's got 165000 plus miles. It's like that old commercial says: it just keeps on ticking...."

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Friday, October 17, 2008

"I'm 69 years old and have owned many vehicles new and used. This truck was bought in 2001 as a program vehicle w/19000 miles on it. It now has 195000. Aside from oil changes, tires, brake pads and shocks the only thing I've replaced is the Alt., the starter and heater blower motor. It uses no oil, gets 25+ mpg, has no rust or other issues. It is far and away the best vehicle I've ever owned."

Very Reliable

By on Thursday, October 16, 2008

"I bought this truck when it only had 35,000 miles on it and drove it for the past 8 years. Now it has over 250,000 miles. All I ever did was just the normal routine maintenance. If you want dependability, this truck is definitely it. The only disappointment that I have is the gas mileage. Only getting 25 mpg with a 4-cylinder irks me some. Other than that - Great Truck!"

Tuff Stuff

By on Wednesday, August 13, 2008

"I'm a big camper, this truck carries to its weight limit and never groans. I haven't had to replace anything major, I haven't even had regular oil changes (bad girl) this truck doesn't even hiccup. It drives 320 miles a week at about 80 mph. Two flaws no giddyup and the window seals aren't great. This truck is a great value."

Great, Reliable Compact truck

By on Friday, June 13, 2008

"I have owned two Frontiers (had one wrecked by a Chevy 3/4 ton). This truck is by far the best Japanese truck for the money. I bought it new with a 4cyl manual tranny and bare-bones options but I consistently get 25+ MPG combined city/hwy driving. When Nissan went to the new body-style this truck got way too big for $4 a gallon gas. Now everyone wants a small truck - I will keep this thing until the wheels fall off!"

Not for old people

By on Tuesday, April 1, 2008

"Rides like a truck; looks like a truck; must be a truck! Front suspension jars at every bump. Instrument lights are very hard to read on cloudy,rainy days. No dash switch for dome light; very hard to reach around to dome light switch. Ride is very rough. 4 cyl with auto is not sufficient. Mileage is not very good for a 4 cyl. I believe mileage would be just as good with a 6 cyl. Air noise around windows. Wouldn't buy again. Transmission doesn't have a good passing gear. Newwer models may be improved. I hope so!."

By on Wednesday, November 21, 2007

"Inexpensive and reliable. I have owned this truck for 6 years and have over 100,000 miles. Only routine maintainence ever. Only complaint is lack of power, should have gotten the 6 cyl."

excellent mid-size truck

By on Saturday, October 13, 2007

"people keep walking up and trying to buy it from me - deservedly holds value - exceptionally reliable - performance is top notch - bought new and have never once regretted my decision to do so - as far as comfort goes, some might say the ride is a little stiff but IT IS A TRUCK, not an automobile, rides wonderfully as far as I am concerned AND it would not be a good, well functioning truck if the ride were too soft or mushy"

Love my Nissan!!

By on Wednesday, August 1, 2007

"This is the best little truck ever!! It is a 2000 XE Frontier King Cab...I drive it daily and it has never let me down..I travel alot and have lots of miles on her. I have never had any unexpected repairs, only regular maintenance, tires/oil, etc. This is by far a great vehicle!! I would recommend it to anyone looking for a small truck."

great truck

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"depepndable work truck, goes and goes, ecellent investment for long term use. Only major things I needed were clutch, timing chain, and regular maintenence. Best truck out there inmy opinion."

LUV THIS TRUCK

By on Thursday, July 19, 2007

"This truck has plenty of power for towing, it gives a great ride, it has never broke down in the 9 years I"ve had it. It gets great MPG. It looks great. It is mistaken for a 2005 + all the time."

Love it

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2007

"i have a buddy who owns a 2007 tacoma 4x4...all the goodies...and we went out to the lake the other day and i found myself waiting for him to try to keep up on the offroading. this truck may be just a 4-cyl but it has guts and is super efficient on gas. ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT"

my2004 frontier pickup

By on Sunday, October 9, 2016

Pros: "no repairs"

Cons: "n/a no cons"

"i bought the truck new in 2005. never been wrecked still clean on int and ext.only thing i ever had fixed was right front headlight fogging. fixed under warranty.brakes fluids belts is all i have ever done to truck.selling to get into another nicer nissan. nothing but thumbs up on this truck"