2011 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

Based on 574 Ratings for the 2005 - 2017 models.

Sweet Truck

By on Sunday, June 8, 2008

"Perfect size fuel economy package. If driven wisely can get over 20 mpg with 265 HP!!! only adding Cold air intake. I love my truck."

Mountain Goat :)

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2008

"After test driving every mid sized pickup available for the 2006 production year from GM, Ford, Toyota, Mazda, and Nissan my heart and adrenaline settled on this beast. With the redesigned engine based on the 350z v6 configuration and the highest stock ground clearance i was convinced that this was different than its predecessors. Only after driving it (which for a 6'4" man was remarkably easy and roomy) was i able to really appreciate the nimble and yet sturdy bilstein suspension provided on the NISMO. My only feeling of regret comes when i see the '07's rolling around with their longer bed (much easier to haul an ATV). So far he has made it through some of the worst BLM land that Idaho has to offer with not even a hickup or belly rub. The Sawtooth Mountains are known for their difficult jeep trails (some of which are not even found on USGS maps) none of which have been tough enough for this mid sized powerhouse. I couldn't be happier (plus the wife enjoys the safety features and professional styling)."

best mini truck I have owned

By on Sunday, February 3, 2008

"This vehicle does and is everything that the manufacture says it does in terms of power, reliability, confort, and over all preformance. I would recomend this truck as a personal or work truck to any one wanting power, toughness, economy, and reliability all packed into a smooth family ride like confort."

Good truck

By on Wednesday, November 28, 2007

"I normally drive full size pickups, this is my first small truck. It's probably the best small truck in it's class. Great passing power, fair to good gas mileage, 21 and 18. I'm a big guy so I could use just a hair more leg room but I needed more room in the full size trucks also, except for my Dodge 2500, Quad cab. The ride is ok, mine is 4WD with the limited slip front and back. It actually rides better on logging roads than it does on the highway but it could use a little more road clearance. My only real complaints are the front suspension, which I think is a little weak on rough paved roads and the brakes are terrible, in my opinion. I think sometimes I've got my big foot on the gas as I'm braking, not much room between the two pedals but even when I'm sure I'm only on the brake pedal, it takes alot to bring it to a halt quickly. Don't think it would be very good with a load behind it. Also, my Polaris 700 4 wheeler does not fit between the wheel wells in the bed. Only time I loaded it, I broke the rear window before I could stop the 4 wheeler (slid off the front of the wheel wells). Would I buy another, no, but I will never buy any small truck again. My two previous trucks, a chevy 4WD Z-71 with a 285hp V-8 and a Dodge 2500 quad cab diesel both got as good a gas mileage as this frontier and they have so much more room."

Ups and Downs

By on Thursday, November 15, 2007

"I've been driving SUV's for years and went to a pick up. This was my first Nissan. I had a noise in the engine that turned out to be an electric valve they that to epoxy. I still have an annoying squeak in the left front the my 2005, that is now out of warrenty. The shop would tighten it down to stop the squeak for a month, and it would come back. 5 sp manual gets over 20 mpg, and I've hit 21 on trips. Brakes make a god awful sound when two tires hit dirt and two tires stay on pavement. Shop says it's the anti-lock doing that and it's normal? I have the spray on bed liner, and no one can tell me how to keep the color..it's fading. Bed is extremely hard to clean out with the ridges. Power is good, but it needs more than regular, I suggest using the mid-grade..better milage and engine performace makes up for the 10 to 12 cent difference. Get the 6 ft bed, you'll be glad you did. I'm looking for another truck, the Frontier is in the running, but I'm open to something better. Toyota didn't have all the bells and whistles, it cost more, and the windshield was restrictive compared to the Nissan. 4wd works well in the sand and snow, but if you're diving in sand consider the automatic."