2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

Based on 579 Ratings for the 2005 - 2017 models.

Incredible value and great driver

By on Friday, January 13, 2012

Pros: "Price, Driving Dynamics, off road capability"

Cons: "Interior is very basic. Pro4 x package helps"

"I prefer performance sedans as I enjoy driving a car and appreciate good suspension, steering, and handling. I like camping and outdoor sports so I bought a Jeep Wrangler (08 Sahara) and enjoyed it for a while. The off road was terrific but it was lacking significantly in terms of on road and especially highway driving performance. Torque at low end was good but accelerating onto a road or highway was bad. The hood would shake quite a bit as well due to the strap down feature. (I guess a 5.7 hemi and locking down the hood would have helped) So,...not willing to endure those dynamics I started my search for an off road vehicle that drove well to and from the outdoor activities. The Frontier Pro 4x is the answer. (This is my first pick up BTW....lots of sport utes in my past.) It drives incredibly well, is fast, is nimble, and it is still a serious off road machine. (I have tested it.) I highly recommend the Frontier Pro 4 X if you want driving performance and off road capability. It is a very unique vehicle in that it does both well."

What a Truck

By on Monday, February 16, 2009

"Bought brand new Dec.2006. Great buy. Did not like Toyota because of limited view out of windsheild. This Nissan has plenty of power.. Only dislike is turning radius."

By on Wednesday, February 11, 2009

"Truck has great horsepower and can beat almost anything at start up. It handles well and is a great looking truck. It's an 06 and I haven't had any problems. Except for the leaking sunroof. The front doors open too wide that I can't even close them by the handle. The seats aren't very comfy, especially in the back. When I have the seats down in the back, I can hear the wind outside like the doors aren't closed well. Those things are minor and I really like it though"

Great truck

By on Friday, February 6, 2009

"This has been a good reliable vehicle. My only complaint is the gas mileage. Owned two Dodge Dakota 4x4 8 cyls prior and traded for this V6 hoping for better mileage. It is better, but just barely. Other than that the truck is great. Comfortable, drives nice, pulls adequately, quiet, and looks good. May well buy another when the time is right."

Great Truck

By on Thursday, October 23, 2008

"On the overall, this is a terrific truck. I have the Nismo Edition with sunroof and Rockford Fosgate audio that rocks! The bed is equipped with the unili-track and spray in bedliner that is tough as nails and shows no wear. I paid under $18,000 on a $29,000 truck after all incentives!!!!!!! The only downside I can find is the interior is lined with cheap, hollow plastics that look like they will scratch very easily, but so far have not. I have to say gas mileage is only so-so, but considering the Frontier is on the Titan frame and is rather heavy, not so bad."