2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

Based on 574 Ratings for the 2005 - 2017 models.

Good truck bad gas mileage

By on Friday, November 4, 2011

Pros: "Good little truck looks good in and out fair price"

Cons: "If it had good gas mileage this would be a 10"

"I just bought a new Frontier SV crew cab so far so good I am impressed with the interior and exterior of the vehicle I was never a Nissan person I had 1988 300ZX which I won under the lemon law my money back now I am impressed. I only wish this Frontier was electric I am getting about 230 mi. on a tank (10-12MPG surprising) it defeated the reason for buying it. I wanted to drive around to visit my customers to get more business in this crappie economy I get better gas mileage with my old Chevy van 3500."

Wonderful truck

By on Thursday, July 2, 2009

"I love the Frontier. Did tons of research, tested a Tacoma, not even close in comfort and fun factor. The size is perfect for our family. Love the sound system. Feel very safe and in control, would never buy a different truck. We have a Maxima that we just love, and wanted the same engine and build in our truck. Tacomas are more expensive, noiser, choppier, and rough. Don't do it. The Frontier is the best in it's class and the incentives for June were fabulous"

Hands down Best truck I've owned

By on Saturday, July 5, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, appearance, great price, visibility"

Cons: "Mileage is average"

"I bought my third truck, a Ford Ranger, in 2010 because I'd always driven Rangers, and I loved their size and convenience. Then I rode in my friend's older Nissan. He was not known for his "care and feeding" of his vehicles, but his ten-year-old Nissan truck was in nice condition. When I asked about reliability he said he'd never had to get it fixed. I decided there and then to check out the local dealer. I never looked back. Since Nissans are not the most popular trucks the dealers are willing to deal. I bought the Frontier Crew Cab SV and immediately added a Bed Rug and Roll-N-Lock bed cover, plus step rails and side body moulding. This truck is sharp looking in Blue, and it's a great drive. The seats are comfortable for cross country travel. We drove from south Texas to Colorado and never felt cramped for space or stressed by the ride. It's quiet, but it's also deep-throated and fast when you hit the gas. It's acceleration really put my old Ranger to shame. We got 22 mpg on the highway, but I only get 18 in town. Overall I am highly impressed by price, appearance, acceleration, drive, comfort, interior features, interior space, exterior paint quality, and fit and finish. This vehicle reminds me of Toyota before they became popular. It's exceptional, and I'll own it for a lot of years."

Love my Nissan frontier crew cab! Would buy again.

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Pros: "Powerful, fun to drive, hauls anything"

Cons: "I brag on my truck all the time; a pleasure to own"

"Perfect size; not too small, not too big. Can park easily & the gas mileage is not bad at all. Does just about anything a full sized truck can do. I have been renovating my house, hauling building materials with this truck. Love it!"

Great truck 2005

By on Monday, July 30, 2012

Reason: fuel economy

Pros: "Reliable, fun"

Cons: "Bed is inches too small to fit a sheet of drywall"

"Fuel economy is really good, solid driving feel, I had approximately two mechanical issues post-accident. If I had never had an accident, I imagine I would have gone 200,000 before having any mechanical issues. Styling is good, view of surrounding road can't be beat, plenty of pep for acceleration."