2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

Based on 579 Ratings for the 2005 - 2017 models.

Great,dependable truck 100000 miles

By on Monday, November 7, 2011

Pros: "Reliability,power,agility for truck,roomy"

Cons: "Gas mileage,long turning radius,cloth interior"

"This is the only vehicle I've kept for 100000 miles and I am still keeping for my teenager to drive next. Pros:reliability,power,agile for a truck-drove well on snow for 2-wheel drive,roomy,no stooping or straightening to get in and out.Cons:19 mpg avg.,long turning radius,cloth interior retains spills.Overall a great truck/vehicle and,yes,I would buy it all over again."

Better than a SportTrac!

By on Thursday, April 8, 2010

"I finally convinced my wife to unload her beat up Ford SportTrac for this. She now realizes this was a good idea. This is an awesome little truck! We have a 2006 SE that had a lift put on it by previous owner with 33" tires. Makes it ride way better than factory. The 4.0 is a snappy motor. Not sure I'd want to put my 4.3 S-10 up against it. With the oversize tires and lift it'll go thru darn near anything. We had a pretty wild winter in the mid-west and I TRIED to get it stuck in a snowdrift. Didn't happen. Just sunk down, bit in, and away we go. The only bad thing I can say about it is it's a little cramped for me. I'm 6'3" and about 240. I get tired of banging my left shoulder on the B-pillar. Of course, my wife's 5' flat and tiny, so it's not so much of a problem for her! Would definitely recommend it to anybody who wants a nice all around mid-size truck."

First time owning a pickup... Love this one!

By on Monday, March 28, 2016

Pros: "Comfortable, roomy, fit in my garage"

Cons: "Gas Mileage could, and should, be better."

"Purchased this truck (4x4 Crew Cab SL with Value Package) in Jan 2016, and am completely satisfied. I test drove a Tacoma and the Canyon, and found this to be the most comfortable out of the bunch. I know many people state that this truck is "dated", and I can see why, but I never would have through that until I read a review which used that term. Yes, the inside could use an update, but let's be honest; this is a truck. I find it comfortable on longer drives, it has a decent enough stereo, and working bluetooth. Combined with heated seats, power windows, backup camera and keyless entry, it has everything I need. The V6 has plenty of power, and when you hit the gas and hit 4K RPM you really start to feel the power kick in. The bed liner, adjustable rail system, bed extended and hitch receiver makes this perfect for what a average homeowner will ever need. The final point I want to make is the overall length of the truck; at 206 inches it is short enough to fit in my garage. The only ding against this truck is gas mileage; 15 City and 20 Highway is not awful, but 18 city would add 90 miles between stopping for gas, which for me is about a week extra between fill ups. To me this was not a deal breaker (obviously I drive less than 100 miles a week in this truck) but I wanted to mention it. Overall, this was 10K less than a comparatively equipped Tacoma in my area, and I couldn't be happier. Only time will tell how the truck holds up, but my initial 3 months are very positive. Mac"

Should have purchased the Toyota

By on Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Pros: "price"

Cons: "No daytime running lights and very loud A/C unit."

"Owned a 2003 Frontier 4x4 XE and loved it and wanted another truck but this one was a mistake. A/C unit so loud you hear it in the truck. Truck shudders when A/C kicks on and then hums when A/C is on. A battleship has a smaller turning radius than this truck. Dont try limited space U turns or tight parking situations. At 40 mph the truck cant decide if it needs to shift or not so it kind of gets stuck at a high rpm until it bumps over 40 mph. VERY high revs at first start of day. All of which the service manager says are normal to the vehicle."

The journey continues

By on Thursday, November 10, 2016

Pros: "Still some what affordable, cheaper than a toyota."

Cons: "rear window with slider could be wider"

My 1995 trade after 21 years of driving her. Great running truck until hurricane matt dropped a tree and bent the frame , other wise I would still be

"This is my 3 nissan truck ,the last 2 got me 300,000 miles or more over 21 years. I traded my 1995 king cab in and got a 2013 nissan King cab v6, really quick for a 4.0 compared to my 21 yr old 3.0 motor. really happy with the new truck. traded my 1990 ford ranger in for a 1995 nissan and never looked back, has out lasted all my other trucks and got my moneys worth. Enjoy the ride !!"