2009 Nissan cube

9.3

Based on 117 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Very satisfied with my cube .

By on Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pros: "Exceptionally amount of passenger space ."

Cons: "Nothing that counts ."

"I was initially sceptical about this car , mostly about the CVT , but after driving it in city and on highways , in snow and on ice , I was truly impressed with its performance and gas milage ( measured city/highway combined 35/36 miles/gallon ). Went up the mountain 1000 ft in abt 10 miles with 4 adults and could keep it at 50 miles /hour in the straight aways , lower in the curvy parts . I was so impressed with this crazy looking car , that we ( my wife and I ) ended up with a his and her Cube ."

09 krom

By on Monday, September 24, 2012

Pros: "lots off room I am 6ft 250 lbs ,Wife has bad back"

Cons: "Some time cross winds ."

"Owned this car 3 yes. We love it, got the cube as a second car for the wife but afer me useing it and with the price of gas-- I THINK OUR HONDA ODY IS NOW SECOND CAR ."

Fun to Drive. Excellent passanger comfort.

By on Sunday, September 1, 2013

Pros: "Maneuverabilty, fuel mileage, Comfort"

Cons: "Visors, plastic interior"

"People think this car is ugly or funny looking but we can tell you the comfort and space inside makes up for the looks. What I call creature comforts are all around. Large windows, multiple cup holders, easy to see and use knobs and shifter. Driving it is fun. Handles like any car of its size. Because your sitting up higher than most economy cars you can see all around. Elderly family members really like this car because of the higher than average seating, and large doors make it easier to get in and especially out of. A couple negatives are the interior plastic, that a lot of cars made now have, mars/scratches easily and has texture that make it hard to clean. Also the sun visors are overly large and should be longer or at least have a slide out to extend the length when needed. The small size and sharp turning makes maneuvering in and around parking lots easier than average cars. The sliding back seat helps when needing that extra cargo space. Overall this is a great commuter/transportation vehicle at a very reasonable cost for any family. 34 mpg average mileage saves a lot of money."

Almost Perfect Car

By on Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Pros: "power, maneauverability, gas milage, interior room"

Cons: "A/C vents, interior lights, bigger visors"

"No car is perfect in evey way, except my cube almost is. Nissan really got this one right! Contrary to current popular belief and information, cube was the first "shoe-box on wheels" having been manufactured and sold in Japan since 1998. The '09 and succeeding model cubes are the third generation of this superb little gas miser. I purchaed the loaded-with-all-the-bells-and-whistles SL trim. I love that push-button start! It's peppy, I have a lead foot and I do just fine in expressway driving, is a gas miser, I average 28.5 combined city/hwy, is extremely manueverable, has a less than 30 ft turning radius, plus I can out-drive just about anybody or vehicle in city traffic. The CVT tranny is outstanding and, besides providing all that gas economy, allows this little car to pull even the most steep highway grades with ease and maintain speed. I'm a big guy and I hate having to squeeze into a sardine can called a "compact" car. Not so with cube, there are big, wide doors and interior room aplenty for a big bull like me. The safety features are super, VDC makes this little "box" very stable in rain or snow, it's very sure footed, has excellent ABS brakes and all the air bags one can have in a car. A big plus is it's size, it's shorter than all the other "boxes" and is easily parked in the smallest spots. I love the quirky "asymetrical" design, the pond ripples on the ceiling panel and the boom box sound system. It's like a juke box on wheels and seats five adults easily. With the rear seatbacks down, there's plenty of room to tote almost anything, except maybe a refrigerator. Like I said, almost perfect! The A/C vents could use a little tweek, the dash wave design makes it difficult to direct airflow effectively, rear passengers should have their own air vents, the sun visors aren't long enough to shade the side windows and there really needs to be map lights for rear passengers. A glovebox light would help and Nissan should really consider making all glass energy efficient (e-glass). There is wind noise on the highway because of the square design, but, it's minimal and doesn't bother me. I dinged the relaibility because the BCM, body control module or main on-board computer had to be replaced at about 20,000 miles, but Nissan should have that problem under control by now. I've owned just about every kind of car there is and cube is the closest to perfection I've ever experienced. When this one wears out I'll gladly buy another! There's a lot of bang for the buck in a cube! Price/value is excellent!"

Unusually Deceiving...

By on Friday, July 27, 2012

Pros: "Low, Low Price, Well Built, Fun To Drive..."

Cons: "Could Use More Horsepower..."

"2009 Cube, Bought New... Just be aware this review is coming from an old guy who's owned many vehicles and this one reminds me so much like my new 1965 VW, my first new auto. First off it's rather unusual in looks, some would say ugly, but it is extremely functional and reliable. When I bought the vehicle I wasn't really impressed, all I was looking for was an inexpensive new car since I rode my motorcycle almost every day anyway; I just needed something with a roof for those rainy days. I looked at the Kia Soul and the salespeople were useless, so I checked out the Cube; told the salesperson what I wanted to put down and what I wanted for a monthly payment. He met all my demands except he did not have a stick shift in stock, found one and the rest is history. What are you getting in the Cube? A very different looking vehicle which is reliable, comfortable, roomy, pretty good on gas and fun to drive if you get a stick shift. I've already taken quite a few long road trips and it easily handles all my needs and it's also very comfortable over the long haul. Bottom Line, this puppy is definitely worth more than the price you pay. I suspect, in a few years, this car will have a reputation much like the old VW Bugs, it's just that kind of vehicle. I live out in the boonies, so this auto is driven very hard on very rough roads and any other cage would have rattles like crazy, but this guy is solid, very solid and well built too. Sure, The Cube doesn't handle like 1960 Porsche and can't go off road like my old '78 Range Rover, but it performs extremely well and I'm sure it will last many, many years, probably much longer than myself..."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Nissan cube near Honolulu. See local deals