2009 Nissan cube

Based on 120 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

great gas millage

By on Tuesday, November 17, 2009

"good head room. great gas millage i got 32.7 in town love the design.looks weird to friends until they get in it."

Absolutely Love it

By on Sunday, March 13, 2011

"My wife and I just bought the Cube. Did a lot of research and was looking for a small economical, yet roomy car. We both tend to like unique looking cars and this is certainly unique. What really sold us is how roomy and confortable it is inside. Fantastic visabilty and an impressive list of features for the price. There was one consistent complaint in all reviews on the car and that was the wind noise above 45 MPH. this is true, but certainly not annoying. We are really pleased!"

Cute and Japanese

By on Friday, August 7, 2009

"Just got this car through C4C and it was a perfect buy! The outside styling is very unique and quirky but serves a functional purpose. The added visibility is a big benefit for city driving. I am a young adult and it serves all my needs for cargo and passenger space. The cargo could actually be bigger but since there is no loss in passenger comfort so I can let it slide. Driving around town is where the cube shines. Plenty of people curious about it's unique styling makes for a great conversation starter. It is peppy enough to satisfy passing and stop and go traffic. The CVT shines through rigorous traffic always getting optimal MPG. The styling may be ahead of its time but once inside you forget what you are driving and the standard features definitely outweigh any issues you might have."

Still impressed after 2 yrs.

By on Saturday, May 19, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, roomy, economical"

Cons: "bluetooth can be bothersome, cheap wheel covers"

"Let's start with negatives. 1. The wheel covers are VERY cheaply made and have been replaced due to breaking when tires were rotated. 2. A mute button on the steering wheel would be nice. 3. Due to the unique design it attracts stone chips on the front of the vehicle. 4. Nissan dealers never stop trying to oversell, can't stand going there. Thats it. The car has been very reliable, Im 6'4" and 215lbs and have more then enough room, I've been on two trips around the country in "cubert" averaged 34.7 mpg. in everything from West coast traffic to Colorado mountains. I am tired of people with no knowledge of the vehicle, driving there big useless sedans telling me how ugly it is. I tell them it's the future and they drive the past."

Drive the cube & you will buy the cube

By on Friday, June 19, 2009

"I was first attracted to the cube because Nissan went outside the box and designed the car with the unique asymetrical lines. I am so tired of all the cars looking the same. I was impressed with the way it drives considering its MSRP was only $16640. Fantastic little scoot for in town driving! I am averaging 27.5 mpg doing 100% in town, stop and go driving. This is the first new car I have owned that actually gets within 1 mile of epa rating. I have had MANY other new cars ranging from suv to luxury sedan and ALL other cars were 5 mpg or more less than epa rated when doing 100% in town, stop and go driving. I did take one 200 mile road trip on 2 lane mountain highway and my mpg was 37.9. I love the fact that the engine's camshafts are CHAIN driven, not TIMING BELT driven. And this Nissan is made in Japan! I purchased a Bitter Chocolate 1.8s and will enjoy this cube for years to come!"

Worth Every Penny .....

By on Sunday, November 21, 2010

"Have had my Cube SL for over a year, 18,000 miles, first set of tires gone at 17,000 miles, found out the original tires are a very soft compound and they need more attention then the owners manual states. Had a hard time finding the original tire size. All recalls have been handled promptly. The car is getting between 28 - 30 MPG, CVT driveline, depends on if the A/C is running. Love the touch button start system along with the Fossgate sound system with blue tooth, ipod and XM Satelite is sweet. The car is huge on the inside, I have had 6' tall people get in the car with a cowboy hat on and never bump the ceiling. This car stops on a dime and gives you 6 cents of change! It corners like it is on rails and the 1.8L - 4 cylinder engine will suprise you with above average power. Looks like someone did a nice job of figuring the horsepower to weight ratio half way descent. Auto headlight sytstem works great and it has all the power options of a big car including keyless entry. Inside carpet is not good quality, rear door light is worthless, the rest of the interior is very nice and well lit. Front of car is almost flat so rock chips are showing on the paint and windsheild. My wife loves this car due to the fact that it is so easy to get in and out of the seats as the Cube has a very low door threshold that you won't have to drag your leg up & over and when you turn to get out of the car you don't have to slide down to the street, it's like getting out of a comfortable chair. Bottom line is the Cube is fun to drive, it's economical and it is a roomy car that has enough going for it that I would buy another one in a heartbeat. Let's see how the re-sale value holds up."

I love the cube

By on Wednesday, October 19, 2011

"I love the inside and how the cube drives, I love that its small and compact. I do not care for the outside design. I just feel silly sometimes when people stair. But when I am driving it I don't feel like I am in a small compact car. The "party lights" are fun, everyone loves them and the amount of cup holders is the best ever idea. My favorite cup holder is the one on the left side of the driver side dash. I can't live without that cup holder. The bungee straps for door I don't care for, I never used them. And the carpet thing for dash is silly. It reminds me of the flower holder for the bug, so I removed mine the day I got it. Oh and that trunk fits more that you think, a double stroller plus groceries. But don't try to fit three car seats in the backseat, just a few inches short. Over all great car."

Best All-around vehicle

By on Wednesday, October 14, 2009

"I have owned only a few Nissans, since they all ran well into 1/4 million miles, I knew I would only really consider a Nissan for a brand new car. The Cube is the best of eveything I need: a good value, good fuel economy, plenty of room for familly or hauling my stuff, comfortable enough (those used to full size cars will think the ride is stiff / harsh). It drives / handles very well with enough power through the speed manual. The fact that it's stylish / eye catching is just a bonus!...The first day driving it, at the grocery stroe parking lot, I found someone standing next to it looking it all over!!!...I expect to keep this car indefinately!!!"

A great car

By on Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Pros: "Affordable, practical, comfortable, efficient."

Cons: "Big honkin' rear door, easy to dent/ding."

"I've been very happy with my 2009 Cube S that I bought new in early 2010. I've put over 50,000 miles on it. It's completely reliable. Any discussion of the Cube needs to keep the price of this vehicle in mind. I bought mine new for right around $14,000. A comparable equipped Honda Fit (in 2010) was right around $17,000. The quality of the car is very good. Yes, the body is made of a very thin metal skin and dents/dings/chips easily, but what do you expect at this price point? The car is great around town (Wash. DC) and works almost as well on the highway. It can get a bit noisy, but only when you push it over 70-80 mph, depending on the wind strength and direction. Tire noise was a problem until I replaced the tires and then it totally went away. So tires can make a big difference in ride noise/comfort. I think the car handles great. It's softly sprung so you will get some body lean, but for those willing to push the handling you will find it handles very well. It's also super comfortable. Tons of interior room. I don't like the big door in the back. I'd rather have a hatch, but that's just me. The wind can catch that door and slam it on you if you aren't paying attention. Ow. I've had my Cube over three years and I've definitely got the 'new car itch'. But I can't seem to find ANYTHING that I'm willing to swap my very affordable Cube for. I would DEFINITELY recommend this car to anyone. If you are hung up on status, then the Cube isn't for you. But if you want a fun, comfortable, useful, efficient, affordable car....I don't think you can beat the Cube. It's also a great car for a new driver. Great visibility, huge mirrors, and it's small and easy to park."

Safety Cubicle

By on Friday, August 27, 2010

"Bought a '09 1.8s for my daughter a year ago. Over 14,000 miles driven with no problems. Nissan is way on top of any recalls for potential problems (weak door handles repalced & extended CVT warranty to 100,000 miles). The real testament is safety. Our daughters Cube was totaled in a wreck with an Infinity Q35 a month ago when the Q head-on/side swiped it) meeting drivers wheel to drivers wheel. All three drivers side airbags deployed (steering wheel, side curtain & seat) & she walked away with a lightly busted lip & a sore wrist!! Needless to say, I am working a deal on a 2010 Cube as I post this!! The new Cube has some more tech features added & thus is priced $600.00 above last years model but dealer financing is 2.99 so it more than makes up the difference."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Nissan cube near Honolulu. See local deals