2013 Nissan Altima

7.9

Based on 279 Ratings for the 2013 - 2017 models.

EARLY PROBLEMS WITH NO EXPLANATION

By on Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Pros: "Styling"

Cons: "Reliability, comfort"

"This car hesitates, chugs, gets stuck at a high rpm with no explanation. There are no check engine lights, or trouble codes. It is now at the dealer for the 2nd time with this problem and no one can find it. Waiting for the third time to file my claim..."

Vehicle shutter/ transmission issue

By on Friday, February 15, 2013

Pros: "Wife loves the vehicle style, interior, etc."

Cons: "Transmission issues are a significant downside"

"2013/ 3.5---Severe vehicle shutter at slow speed acceleration from dead stop. Transmission replaced at about 2900 miles and with 6700 miles the new replacement is now exhibiting he same problem. So, after two months, we still have no answers from Nissan as to cause or how they might correct the issue. Dealership and Nissan were prompt in replacing the transmission when the initial problem was communicated but with the same problem being present in the new transmission I am in a holding pattern on what the next steps might be. I understand these transmission issues are specific to the 3.5 engine/transmission and are not unique to my vehicle. The dealership has had two staff driven 3.5 demos that have exhibited the same problem. Nissan Manufacturing has been given this information. This defect might be present in all or a substantial number of 2013 3.5 Altimas. I cannot recommend this vehicle until such time a resolution to the problem is identified and implemented."

Power Steering pump emits high pitched whine

By on Thursday, February 7, 2013

Cons: "Loud Annoying Whine from power steering pump 2013"

"Power Steering pump emits high pitched whine audible to all in the interior. Very Annoying Factory engineered problem dealers can't fix. Owners must complain in mass to force Nissan to recall and fix. Write a review everywhere, let's muster the troops!"

Purchased car new 6 weeks ago

By on Saturday, October 26, 2013

Pros: "Excellent looks, Mileage and comfort."

Cons: "The dealer can not fix their cars......."

"I purchased this car on September 13, 2013 and the auto start feature has not worked still to this day. It has been in the shop 5 times and I have had a rental for 12 days of the 6 weeks I have owned it, in order for the dealer to fix it. I have Multiple Sclerosis and the Auto Start feature is manditory for me to own the car. I have to have the temperature under 80 degrees in the car or I get light headed and could pass out. This is why I purchased the SV model. It is the most amazing car for looks, and gas mileage. I averaged 48 miles per gallon on a trip from Idaho to California. It drives like a dream and I would love to keep it but the dealer can not fix the car. Corporate is not willing to do anything and I have never had a dealer sell a car that they are not willing to sell that works to perfection. Or at least fix it so it works every time. Nissan is Worthless at helping me and the Buena Park Nissan Dealer isn't willing to make it right. I will NEVER PURCHASE A NISSAN EVER AGAIN.... Buyer beware. The 2013 Nissan Altima is the first model ever to offer Auto Start. So they are new to auto start. But it is manditory for me to have it work or I can not drive it on hot days. And in Orange County it has been in the 80's to 90's since I bought the car."

2016 3.5 SL with Technology Package

By on Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Pros: "Comfortable seats, quiet smooth ride"

Cons: "Resale value and possible future CVT issues"

"-I traded a 2016 Camry XLE I4 for the Altima. I was looking for more comfortable seats and a V6. -I had the dealer replace the 18" tires with 17" tires for a smoother ride. The 17" tires were a great improvement. The ride is now about the same as the Camry that I traded. -I thought that my Camry was quiet but the Altima is quieter. I have back issues and the Altima seats are fantastic. -The Bose sound system is great and better than the one in my Camry. -I am averaging about 25 MPG locally, about the same mileage that I got on a 2014 Impala V6 that I had for a while and also about the same mileage that I got on a 2003 Camry I4 that I use to own. -The Technology package is amazing. I really love the intelligent cruse control and blind spot monitor. However I do miss the HD radio and some of the other information features of the XLE Camry. -One concern is the resale value of the Altima, it much less than that of a Toyota. -The other concern is the CVT. I had issues with my CVT at 400 miles. The dealer's service said that they could find no problems with it. The tech at the dealer had refused to check the fluid level saying it is a new car and would not be low. "I found out later that I would have had to leave the car overnight for him to check the fluid level correctly". After some research I found the procedure for checking the transmission fluid. It was about a half pint low. After adding the correct amount of fluid, I have not had any further problems with the CVT. I wonder how many CVT's have been replaced due to low fluid because the dealer techs just did not want to spend the time to check the fluid level. It is a simple procedure but the transmission must be at a low temperature to start the check. -Over all I like my Altima and I plan on keeping it many years if it stays problem free."