2013 Nissan Altima

7.9

Based on 290 Ratings for the 2013 - 2018 models.

This car great in value, cost, incentives, price

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

Pros: "Value, controls, ride, audio, blind spot warning"

Cons: "rear backup camera too small"

"the car was last bought March 27th I have been having so much fun driving my Altima. Its a gorgeous car after owning compact cars for many years decided upgrade to a midsize this time. Altima was equipped with an 2.5 liter 4 cylinder engine, cloth heated seats, Bluetooth, Nissan connect system, remote smart key, fog lights, blind spot warning, moon roof, turn signal indicators on dual outside mirrors. I drive (8,500 miles) commuting to work everyday non stop a good bit drive so there is plenty of comfort having in seats and available Nissan GPS system best in voice recognition but rear backup camera needs to be bit upgraded as too small for the larger nav/audio touch screen. The Bose sound system works incredibly crystal clear on a nine speaker with USB port/iPod interface love added my music to the system as everything I have is at Nissan Drive (D) Advanced Assist Display fully equipped with navigation, radio, hands free device, fuel gauges being low on fuel when need filling up and low tire pressure monitoring. Vehicle has some remarkably good handling to car it drives very powerful being quietest car ever driven on the highways going 70 mph I love my Altima its been two weeks since bought it and a good car for the money being best in all available features."

Very nice car

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "dependability and good on Gas"

"Great gas mileage, nice riding car, easy controls, easy to read and see, love the look of the parking lights on the lower valance and how they show up at night,also like the option for two drive slection's, reg (D )and (Ds) to boost your power on take offs. a very good price for a car that is much cheaper than luxury cars out there in the same class."

Great Vehicle!

By on Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Pros: "Handles nicely, smooth ride"

Cons: "Fuel sensor malfunction"

"I have owned this vehicle for around 3 months now. I traded a 2012 altima for the purchase of this vehicle. I have had one minor issue with a fuel sensor however overall this is a great vehicle. I have read reviews and spoken with owners who have not had such a good experience with their vehicles but I must say that I have not experienced any problems with the drivetrain or other features the vehicle has to offer. It has a smoother ride and handles much better than the 2012 that I previously owned. I am happy with my choice and I would recommend this vehicle to a friend. I love the interior and it has a great deal of room with a spacious trunk which is multi-funtional."

Tested 2013, bought 2014, but.....

By on Tuesday, July 1, 2014

"My initial impression of the 2013 was not that good....I thought the noise was just too loud. Tested the other mid-size contenders....loved the Mazda6, but thought it was too pricey. After reading that the 2014 Altima had more insulation added I took another test drive and thought that the noise level was much improved...so I bought it. I also thought the Altima was a better value than the Mazda6. This car has some fine qualities such as good gas mileage, nice compromise between ride and handling...and I didn't detect any shuddering problems that the 13 Altima had. But I drive quite frequently on an open four lane highway....and if there was any wind at all, it was really hard to keep the car going straight without constantly having to make small corrections back and forth to keep the car from straying out of my lane. It's really a job driving the car when its windy. Also, three weeks after I bought the car I headed out for a Dr appointment and when I tried to start the car....nothing....but a dead battery. Was lucky to get a quick jump start....so I headed to my apt in a city about 25 miles away. On the way back all of a sudden the radio came on by itself....and I immediately suspected there was some electrical problem with the car. I took the car to the dealer the next day and was taken aback by the poor (absolutely no )service from the dealership. After waiting for two hours the tech came and told me the battery was low, so he advised taking it out on the highway to charge it up ( which I had already done) and the reason the radio came on was I accidentally hit the button on the steering wheel. I am positive I didn't. A couple of days later the car barely started so I went to the Sales Manager and he set the wheels in motion to find out what was wrong. Long story short...computer said battery should be replaced, and it was. Then a few weeks later when I was ready to leave....another dead battery. They tested the car and said nothing was wrong. So after spending that much money for a new car, I now carry a Clore jump starter in my car because I just can't depend on it to start. My 13 year old Chrysler was more dependable than this new Altima. Add in the dealerships terrible service and attitude and I now regret that I didn't spend just a little more and get the Mazda6."

Lemon law- new CVT major problems

By on Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Reason: Lemon Law

Pros: "MPG"

Cons: "1st year for the CVT, many are lemons"

"Nissan has agreed to buy my car back, though still fighting on the details. Transmission problems from day one, dealer(s) kept denying even though I had video proof. Finally transmission went completely out. Looks good, great MPG, but corporate has been a pain as have the dealers, I'd like the last year of my life back!"

My video

CVT failure (end of video)