2013 Nissan Altima

7.9

Based on 281 Ratings for the 2013 - 2017 models.

Best car I have owned

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "Price, drive, room, interior"

Cons: "squeeky breaks and no key fob charger lol"

"I recently traded in my 2009 Nissan Altima for the 2013. I absolutely love it. It is by far the best one I have owned. Better engine, more power, sleeker look and great gas mileage. Yes some say the engine is loud but for those that haven't owned a CVT engine will say that. I think that the engine in this one is much quieter than the one in my old one. There is also much more room in this one was well. I love that more comes standard in this model than years past. It was more than worth it to trade up. It does come with the bumper to bumper warranty so if something does go wrong they will fix it. No car is perfect and there are some out there that aren't as great as others but that is why you do your research and test drive more than once. I am a Nissan girl so there was no other choice for me!"

The best I ever owned and I'm 38.

By on Thursday, March 21, 2013

Pros: "Fuel economy, style, value of extras, acceleration"

Cons: "I had it for 2 weeks, none yet"

"Head turning, tinted glass rolled down for people to see and exceeding my wildest expectations. I owned camrey, Tacoma, explorer, Hyundai accent, mercury cougar, and Honda odessey this by far the most complete vehicle I stumbled across. I never had so many people ask me about the price and how spacious it is. The best in my military career of purchasing cars. You won't be sorry!!!!"

a hot fudge sundae WITH SPRINKLES ON TOP

By on Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Pros: "comfy, features, great value, HANDSOME"

Cons: "stop-n-go traffic"

Java metallic with white welcome lights make for one classy sedan!

"I've had my 2013 Altima 2.5 SL for about a month now, this is the first car I've ever bought, USED with about 58K on the odometer, traded in my hand-me-down 2004 Chevy Malibu Classic. What. A. Difference. I drive about 75+ miles every single day, so the 32.2 mpg is fabulous. I actually just took it for a trip to upstate New York, over 215 miles, I averaged 45 mpg (even in sport mode half the time!). With the 2.5L "QR" engine, it is easy enough to do oil changes yourself, save a few bucks and know your getting new not re-manufactured oil/filter. The ride is SUPER smooth (and anti-lead-foot!) once I got used to the CVT, which is tricky to adapt to from an automatic or manual transmission. I find the CVT is most strange on hills (and there's a ton of them in Connecticut) power isn't a problem, only when you let up on the gas ever so slightly up a hill (like near the crest) you can feel it tug hard and watch rpms fly down. However, when descending, the car raises the rpms and uses the engine to slow the car down so you don't tear up the super strong 4 disc brakes. As a Nissan product, the brakes are pretty sensitive, which I also noticed when I test drove a 2011 Infiniti G37x coupe (which ultimatately was just too expensive for my 20-year old self). The handling is good, but turn traction control off and it feels like a whole different car. Honestly, try it in Drive with TC then Ds without TC, 2 totally different cars show up. The SL model has the BOSE sound which I absolutely adore. I love all music, especially bass loaded and even with just woofers (no sub-woofers here) it makes life worth living. Between the NASA inspired seats and quality interior materials in general, it is the most comfortable cabin I've ever been in (more-so than my friends '14 Mercedes C-class) and I'm excited for the heated seats, steering wheel, and mirrors in the winter or for my fellow reproductive age women, heated seats are a huge bonus year-round ;) The glove box is HUGE, trunk is average, but plenty of leg room in all seats. No issues with the completely keyless system, push start is cool, *notice many complaining they can have the car on without the engine running, YOU CAN! Double push the button without foot on the brake and voila* All of the the xenon headlamps and interior lighting is average, but the LED tails are a step above the rest. Perhaps one of my favorite features is one I discovered the night I brought my car home... the LED ground lighting, which was like the sprinkles on top of an awesome fudge sundae. I feel I should mention that my dealer got this car from coastal Rhode Island so constantly blasted by sand and SALT for 3-4 years but there is almost NO RUST. Win for JDM here."

Java metallic with white welcome lights make for one classy sedan!

Loving my 2013 Altima SV

By on Monday, December 3, 2012

Pros: "Design, Engine, Electronics,handling"

Cons: "Some cabin noise, noisy electronic steering assist"

"For many years the only factor I considered in a new car was reliability, Toyota and Honda delivered for awhile but recently they have dropped the ball. Then I stepped into the Altima and I doubt that I will look back. Who knew that you could have quality in a beautiful package and also that a mid size sedan could deliver a fun ride. Nissan made it happen! The ride is smooth and having the extra muscle makes me feel like I am driving a very expensive car. Sure Infinity has cars that I wish I could own but the price tag is hefty. I love my new Altima and will recommend to friends. I do have a couple items on my list that could be improved. The electronic steering assist is noisier than I expected and the cabin is not the quietest. The CVT transmission takes some getting used to as it seems to rev up a little extra before leveling out and adjusting to the right speed. Other than that everything is perfect. Great electronics, body design is a thing of beauty and everything just works right. Suspension is smooth and the braking is spot on. If you have been driving a Camry or Accord you will be pleasantly surprised when you test the acceleration and turning on this bad boy. Gas mileage is way above average considering that all my driving is in the city. I am averaging about 27 MPG."

Love my new Altima

By on Thursday, August 8, 2013

Pros: "Show to my friends and they want one."

Cons: "At this time no comment"

"I look and drove the Ford Fusion, Chevrolet Malibu, and when I did the same with Look Altima I fell in love with it. The Comfort and handling is great only drove it now 225 miles average mpg 29.3 around town stop and go to store etc. can't wait to drive it home to Florida in October, I am now in Ct. Looking for a long term with this car..."