2013 Nissan Altima

7.9

Based on 287 Ratings for the 2013 - 2017 models.

Very nice car

By on Friday, June 30, 2017

Pros: "looks good, plenty of room, nice ride"

Cons: "suspension is a liitle noise"

"I just bought a 2017 SR midnight edition and it is a very nice car. Very comfortable and nice ride."

I want to keep it

By on Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Pros: "Great safety features, smooth ride, easy to drive."

Cons: "Still paying for it, no automatic car wash."

"This is the best car I have owned to date. I have become spoiled with the interior side safety lights that let me know when someone is in my blind spot, the backup camera, the navigation system, the heated seats and heated steering wheel. Its a smooth, quiet ride. I have taken many long distance trips and I have to make myself stop when my legs cramp because I would rather keep driving."

no problems, but agree with the bad reviews

By on Saturday, September 10, 2016

"I purchased an Altima after renting one due to back and leg pain after hours on the road. I love the comfort of my car but do experience what other people are writing in their reviews. the first thing I've notice and complained about is the freon smell if I'm driving for more than 30 minutes. This has been going on since I first bought the car. I was told its a special type of cap that lets air out. 2nd the power steering is loud sounds like there is no power steering fluid. 3rd passenger airbag light doesn't come on sometimes when someone sits in the passenger seat. Last that I can think of if anyone can remember carburetors back in the day, well when I'm in idle the car kinda sputters like its not getting air in the engine like what it felt when you had a carburetor. Honestly these might sound big deals to some or small to others, overall the car hasn't left me stranded yet, drives beautifully on long trips and I love everything else about it. Yes it's noisy I was screwed with the price I paid my own fault, but I love my Altima and will get another one when this one goes I hope years from now. I hope this helps"

By far the best choice in mid size cars!

By on Monday, October 1, 2012

Pros: "MPG, ride, fit and finish . . ."

Cons: "Lots of data in manuals, but not user friendly"

"My wife primarily drives this car. She says it best . . . "Nicest car we have ever owned!" Can't review the reliability since we have had it so short of a time. Build quality is top notch. No cheap plastic feel like the Toyota Camry we did own or the 2012 Camry out now. CVT feels a bit iffy at slower speeds, but after you get above 6-10mph, it is smooth as can be. Nissan has an unusual time frame for "maintenance", ie oil changes (3,750)' but a spreadsheet can keep me organized with the time the oil needs to be done. Can only compare this to other new cars we have owned . . . Chevy Malibu, Ford Taurus, and two Toyota Camry's. Without a doubt, more bang for your buck and above the others in fit and finish!"

2016 3.5 SL with Technology Package

By on Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Pros: "Comfortable seats, quiet smooth ride"

Cons: "Resale value and possible future CVT issues"

"-I traded a 2016 Camry XLE I4 for the Altima. I was looking for more comfortable seats and a V6. -I had the dealer replace the 18" tires with 17" tires for a smoother ride. The 17" tires were a great improvement. The ride is now about the same as the Camry that I traded. -I thought that my Camry was quiet but the Altima is quieter. I have back issues and the Altima seats are fantastic. -The Bose sound system is great and better than the one in my Camry. -I am averaging about 25 MPG locally, about the same mileage that I got on a 2014 Impala V6 that I had for a while and also about the same mileage that I got on a 2003 Camry I4 that I use to own. -The Technology package is amazing. I really love the intelligent cruse control and blind spot monitor. However I do miss the HD radio and some of the other information features of the XLE Camry. -One concern is the resale value of the Altima, it much less than that of a Toyota. -The other concern is the CVT. I had issues with my CVT at 400 miles. The dealer's service said that they could find no problems with it. The tech at the dealer had refused to check the fluid level saying it is a new car and would not be low. "I found out later that I would have had to leave the car overnight for him to check the fluid level correctly". After some research I found the procedure for checking the transmission fluid. It was about a half pint low. After adding the correct amount of fluid, I have not had any further problems with the CVT. I wonder how many CVT's have been replaced due to low fluid because the dealer techs just did not want to spend the time to check the fluid level. It is a simple procedure but the transmission must be at a low temperature to start the check. -Over all I like my Altima and I plan on keeping it many years if it stays problem free."

Luxurious but noises and vibrations

By on Friday, December 27, 2013

"I have owned this car since June 2013. It has been very reliable. The seats are comfortable, the Bose system and the navigation is great, it looks beautiful inside and out. Good gas mileage. However, the noise and vibrations from the engine is unacceptable! Noisy upon slow acceleration and a vibration is felt in the steering column and the seat cushion. Too bad, this would have been the perfect car! Had 2 other Nissans and I loved them. Can't wait till this lease is over!"

Good highway cruiser with flaws

By on Thursday, December 26, 2013

Pros: "See below"

Cons: "See below"

"After doing a lot of research and driving all of the mid-size sedans, I purchased my 2013 Nissan Altima SV loaded with all options in December 2013. I now have 17,000 miles on the vehicle. Listed below are what I consider the pros and cons: Pros: 1) Quiet ride on highway 2) Responsive handling and steering 3) Good brakes 4) Comfortable interior 5) Excellent highway cruiser 6) Fuel efficient (I average 30 mpg) 7) Nice sounding stereo (Bose speakers) 8) Remote car starter 9) Good looking vehicle 10) Comfortable back seat. Can seat 3 adults if they are average size. Cons: 1) Engine/transmission is noisy when starting from a stop. From 0 to 40 mph, the car is not very enjoyable to drive. I did not notice this during my test drive. At lower speeds, the car is noisy with a fair amount of vibration. If you have driven a car with manual transmission, it feels and sounds like you are starting from a stop in 2nd gear (when you should have started in first gear). Because of this, I am thinking of selling the car and purchasing something that is more enjoyable to drive around town. 2)Trunk lid has large u-shaped brackets that eat up a lot of room when trying to close the trunk with a full load of cargo. Seem like an outdated design to me. 3) Computer screen cuts in an out repeatedly. 4) Sun visors are way too small. 5) Back up camera has poor quality picture compared to other manufacturers. If you need a car for mostly highway driving and you want good fuel efficiency, this may be a decent car selection for you. Once the car reaches 45 mph or higher, it is relatively quiet and a pleasant car to drive. However, if a significant proportion of your driving is city driving, I would not recommend this vehicle due to the noise and vibrations of the transmission/engine when starting from a stop and at low speeds."

Outstanding

By on Friday, August 24, 2012

"I completed loads of research on this vehicle, including conversation with a Nissan engineer. Tested numerous hybrids, mid size non hybrids, the car was head and shoulders better than anything on the road in the price range. Looks higher end, both inside and out. After 2000 miles love the ride, handling, MPG ave 33, seats ARE all that, most comfortable drivers car seat I've ever had, overall good fit and finish. Heading down hill the CVT 2.5 takes some time to get used to. Strange feeling with increasing RPM. The 4 banger delivers strong passing power on flats and up hill. Enjoy!"

Excellent Auto

By on Tuesday, July 2, 2013

"We have owned this 2013 altima since last oct. It has been a real joy to drive in every way. We just returned form a road trip to ft. worth, drove a total of 1600 miles. Our avg. mpg for the entire trip 41 when we pulled into our driveway. When we left texas for home our avg. was 40.3 so it took about 700 miles of driving to achieve an increase to 41 Drove on cruise most of the time, in the past I have gotten in the 39 mpg range The ride is very comfortable."

CVT ISSUES otherwise very nice car

By on Saturday, December 22, 2012

Pros: "Exterior and interior design, gas mileage"

Cons: "Noise and vibration extremely high"

"I have owned my 2.5 cv for one month and already it's been back to the dealer 3 times for the same lugging and vibration noise issues which I experiece on light throttle acceleration from a stop at around 1500 rpm. I have lodged a complaint with Nissan Customer Care and have been assigned a Regional Specialist to my case. In my first conversation with the specialist, I was imformed that Nissan is aware of this problem and is working on a more permanent solution. Meanwhile, Nissan is having serpentine belts and belt tensioners replaced in an effort to alleviate noise and vibration. Yesterday my vehicle was oufitted with the new belt and tensioner. I did noticed a fractional noise reduction but the swap did not significantly alleviate the problem. Unfortunately, Nissan is attempting to address the symptom not the root source of the problem... that being the CVT programming. With a simple CVT reprogram offered to those of us who are sensitive to the lugging noise and vibration, Nissan could make this issue disappear practically overnight. Instead Nissan is trying "band aid" fixes like belts and tensioners, presumably, in an effort to keep their EPA estimates intact. At the same time they seem to be abandoning longtime loyal customers. This is an otherwise extremely nice automobile if it were not for the CVT issues and I am hopeful Nissan wakes up and gets serious about resolving this very annoying and frustating issue at once before potential owners start looking elsewhere in this very competive market and before frustrated owners start bailing out."

My 3rd Altima

By on Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Pros: "Ride, MPG, Value, Style"

Cons: "Maybe the reliability"

"My first Altima was a 2009 2.5 S, then a 2013 3.5 SL, now a 2015 2.5 SV and this may be the best of the three. Very smooth ride. Very comfortable interior. Great MPG. It is a 4 door family sedan, not a race car, but the off the line speed is fine. I test drove the Accord, 6, Optima, Fusion, Legacy, and the Altima for me was the better all round car."

Vehicle shutter/ transmission issue

By on Friday, February 15, 2013

Pros: "Wife loves the vehicle style, interior, etc."

Cons: "Transmission issues are a significant downside"

"2013/ 3.5---Severe vehicle shutter at slow speed acceleration from dead stop. Transmission replaced at about 2900 miles and with 6700 miles the new replacement is now exhibiting he same problem. So, after two months, we still have no answers from Nissan as to cause or how they might correct the issue. Dealership and Nissan were prompt in replacing the transmission when the initial problem was communicated but with the same problem being present in the new transmission I am in a holding pattern on what the next steps might be. I understand these transmission issues are specific to the 3.5 engine/transmission and are not unique to my vehicle. The dealership has had two staff driven 3.5 demos that have exhibited the same problem. Nissan Manufacturing has been given this information. This defect might be present in all or a substantial number of 2013 3.5 Altimas. I cannot recommend this vehicle until such time a resolution to the problem is identified and implemented."

Great retool on the 13

By on Friday, July 27, 2012

Pros: "Very nice job on the 2013"

Cons: "None yet"

"Nissan did a very nice job on the new car. We have a 09 and a 10 nite and day difference between them. Very nice int, package. Better seats than our cts. Love the wireless, going to trade the 10 in on another 13. Drive one you will buy one. We have had this car for 3 weeks it was 1 of 2 in the greater Milwaukee area. We were fortunate enough to buy it, still have not seen another on the road. Most Altima drivers have a surprised look when they see the car."

Power Steering pump emits high pitched whine

By on Thursday, February 7, 2013

Cons: "Loud Annoying Whine from power steering pump 2013"

"Power Steering pump emits high pitched whine audible to all in the interior. Very Annoying Factory engineered problem dealers can't fix. Owners must complain in mass to force Nissan to recall and fix. Write a review everywhere, let's muster the troops!"

Best commute car EVER!!!

By on Friday, January 22, 2016

Pros: "Great price, comfort, drive, I like the sport driv"

Cons: "N/A"

"I use this car to commute 200 miles per day. I average 33 mpg. I am very impressed with this vehicle as I have never owned a Nissan. I recommend it for all travel."

Purchased car new 6 weeks ago

By on Saturday, October 26, 2013

Pros: "Excellent looks, Mileage and comfort."

Cons: "The dealer can not fix their cars......."

"I purchased this car on September 13, 2013 and the auto start feature has not worked still to this day. It has been in the shop 5 times and I have had a rental for 12 days of the 6 weeks I have owned it, in order for the dealer to fix it. I have Multiple Sclerosis and the Auto Start feature is manditory for me to own the car. I have to have the temperature under 80 degrees in the car or I get light headed and could pass out. This is why I purchased the SV model. It is the most amazing car for looks, and gas mileage. I averaged 48 miles per gallon on a trip from Idaho to California. It drives like a dream and I would love to keep it but the dealer can not fix the car. Corporate is not willing to do anything and I have never had a dealer sell a car that they are not willing to sell that works to perfection. Or at least fix it so it works every time. Nissan is Worthless at helping me and the Buena Park Nissan Dealer isn't willing to make it right. I will NEVER PURCHASE A NISSAN EVER AGAIN.... Buyer beware. The 2013 Nissan Altima is the first model ever to offer Auto Start. So they are new to auto start. But it is manditory for me to have it work or I can not drive it on hot days. And in Orange County it has been in the 80's to 90's since I bought the car."

Terrific value--Nissan has a winner in this one

By on Friday, March 7, 2014

Pros: "Stylish, sleek, affordable, comfortable"

Cons: "Interior colors limited, upgrade for options"

"I purchased my 2014 Altima SV in December of 2013 and absolutely love it. I traded in a 2005 Maxima with 130K. Opted for the convenience package and was well worth the extra cost(moon roof, rear seat vents, fog lights, remote start,etc.) There was quite a difference between the smaller 2.5 engine in my new Altima and the larger engine in my former Maxima. Smaller engine is acceptable but notice the lower HP when passing and accelerating. Nissan Altima comes in many models and was somewhat surprised to find normal standard options (on some cars) only available on the SV or SL models. Average mileage is 33-36 mpg and easily achieves a gas tank range of 550-600 miles. SV comes with 17" tires which handle well in snow and mud, far superior to the 18" tires on my former Maxima. Transmission noise is noticeable upon acceleration but is not annoying. Seats and interior are very comfortable. Instrument panel is set up efficiently and easy to read. Nissan utilizes a highly-visible white color for the gauges but still has a prevalent orange theme for night driving. Speedometer (like most of the new cars) can be hard to view when driving with a right hand on upper part of steering wheel. The SV model is well equipped with high tech options. The SL model has even more as well as leather seats (I prefer the cloth). The audio in the SV is adequate but those requiring superior sound will only find it in the SL model (9 Bose speakers). In comparing various same-size sedans, I found the Altima to have superior room (huge trunk space), excellent gas mileage and priced most competitively. If considering an Altima I would highly recommend upgrading to the SV or SL models. There is substantial difference in the features over the S model. Would also suggest the convenience pkg as well as the navigation pkg--good additions for a little more money."

Excellent Automobile

By on Sunday, August 25, 2013

Pros: "Beautiful car, Very comfortable ride"

Cons: "No problems yet."

"I bought a new 1995 Nissan Maxima. I sold it in fall of 2012 with 280,000 miles and it is still on the road. Needless to say I then bought a new 2013 Altima SV and have put 7500 miles it. I have taken it for general service(oil change..etc) twice with no issues and I have no complaints to date."

Disapointed!! a $29,000 car ??

By on Saturday, December 19, 2015

Pros: "good gas mileage"

Cons: "wind and tire noise"

"The car looks good. excellent gas mileage.excessive wind and tire noise at highway speeds. when a load is placed on the car it vibrates."

comfoprt and acceleration

By on Sunday, August 9, 2015

Pros: "solid acceleration at any speed, comfortable"

Cons: "make navigation part of standard equip."

"Bought this car used 2 years ago, and has been a pleasant surprise. i kind of knew what i was getting as my parents had the 2012 Maxima. My Altima has the same engine, the 3.5. i love the CVT very smooth acceleration, seems to be instant power at any speed. Have had the car up to the 120-130 range and handled excellent, just like it does at 65 mph. 2 minor recalls on it and both were fixed within 30 minutes."

MPG may be overstated...

By on Monday, March 16, 2015

Pros: "great price, great features"

Cons: "cup holders are a bit small"

"I have to say, I love my Altima! However, it is rated at 38mpg on the highway and I have yet to achieve that. I drive 40 miles one way to work everyday on country roads going about 60-65mph. Even with that and minimal in-town driving, I average about 34mpg. I have tried going 50-55mph on my way to work but that doesn't do really anything but make other drivers irritated. Other than that, it is a great car and very economical for what you get. I plan to put well over 100,000 miles on it unless I get a craving for a newer car (:"

Fantastic Car

By on Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Pros: "Leg Room and Fuel Economy"

Cons: "Nothing"

"We have a 2015 Altima and it so much fun to drive. The car is very comfortable and it is great on long trips. The fuel mileage is much better then the Toyota Corolla we had and the Altima is so much bigger! I would highly recommend this car."

Comfort, zip, smooth, quiet, great handling.

By on Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Pros: "luxury with zip, comfort, great MPG-love everythin"

"The 2014 Altima is very comfortable. The interior is luxurious, the seats are wonderful. The exterior is awesome - a looker. I bought the 2.5 S and it is plenty car for me.I traded my 2013 Rogue for the Altima and the gas mileage rocks! The trunk space is big. The ride is smooth and quiet. Pure luxury. Perfect car with lots of room. I absolutely love, love, love it!"

Nice vehicle some CVT bugs

By on Friday, February 22, 2013

Pros: "Nice styling, ride, options and great mileage"

Cons: "Noisey CVT"

"We have had our 2013 Altima 2.5SV w/NAV and Convenience pkgs since 7/12, previous to that we drove a 2005 2.5S for 7 yrs w/o any major issues and were quite satisfied with the Nissan brand. Like others we did the research and test drives of competing brands before settling on the newly revamped Altima. Overall we are happy with our choice, the car is quiet at highway speeds; handles and rides well; has all the technology we need and has great styling. Since this is our first vehicle with a CVT it took a little getting used to which wasn't all that bad EXCEPT we found that there was a rattle/growl/vibration at low RPM up to about 40 mph when accelerating slowly from a standing stop. The dealer has replaced the drive belt and tensioner twice, this seems to be a problem reported by other owners as well. The CVT was completely reworked for 2013 as a major means to achieve the "Pure Drive" rating of 38 mph highway, our experience so far is about 33 mph city and 38mph+ on long highway trips. Aside from the noted CVT issue we love the car."

Nice Car

By on Thursday, April 23, 2015

Pros: "Good Gas Milage, Fun to drive, Good looking"

Cons: "Road Noise, Pricey"

"First 5000 miles and still liking it. Good Fuel economy. Nice looking, Fun to drive, Peppy for a 4 cylinder. My only complaint is its road noisy."