2013 Nissan Altima

7.9

Based on 279 Ratings for the 2013 - 2017 models.

Extreme comfort

By on Saturday, March 25, 2017

Pros: "highway mpgs, smooth, quiet, responsive, reliable"

Cons: "in town mpgs"

"Ive probably never had a more comfortable seat in any vehicle Ever! Great for long distance rides. Fuel economy for this size car is bar none highway I get 43.1 mpgs in town not so good short driving back and forth to work 3 mile radius is only 21. I think due to all the stop signs. The only reason I do not rate everything a 10 is because I miss the convenience of a hatchback. Getting older, it is hard to lift things up over the trunk to load."

Nice styling but too many recalls

By on Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Pros: "Nice styling and technology package"

Cons: "Recalls and CVT transmission"

"I have a 2.5 SL with Tech package. I really like the styling and features of my Altima. But, I have had issues with my Altima. First, I had to bring it in for an air bag recall. Next, I had to bring it in because my following distance sensor (intelligent cruise control) was malfunctioning which had to be replaced. Lastly, I have to bring it in again for 3 more recalls: (1) rear latch lock cable (2) transmission control module reset (3) engine control module reset. During my test drive, I did not pay attention to the handling of the transmission. I have to say I am not a fan of a CVT transmission. My gas milage is great, but sometimes it feels like I am taking off in second gear which makes my car vibrate and rattle."

Luxurious but noises and vibrations

By on Friday, December 27, 2013

"I have owned this car since June 2013. It has been very reliable. The seats are comfortable, the Bose system and the navigation is great, it looks beautiful inside and out. Good gas mileage. However, the noise and vibrations from the engine is unacceptable! Noisy upon slow acceleration and a vibration is felt in the steering column and the seat cushion. Too bad, this would have been the perfect car! Had 2 other Nissans and I loved them. Can't wait till this lease is over!"

By far the best choice in mid size cars!

By on Monday, October 1, 2012

Pros: "MPG, ride, fit and finish . . ."

Cons: "Lots of data in manuals, but not user friendly"

"My wife primarily drives this car. She says it best . . . "Nicest car we have ever owned!" Can't review the reliability since we have had it so short of a time. Build quality is top notch. No cheap plastic feel like the Toyota Camry we did own or the 2012 Camry out now. CVT feels a bit iffy at slower speeds, but after you get above 6-10mph, it is smooth as can be. Nissan has an unusual time frame for "maintenance", ie oil changes (3,750)' but a spreadsheet can keep me organized with the time the oil needs to be done. Can only compare this to other new cars we have owned . . . Chevy Malibu, Ford Taurus, and two Toyota Camry's. Without a doubt, more bang for your buck and above the others in fit and finish!"

Excellent Auto

By on Tuesday, July 2, 2013

"We have owned this 2013 altima since last oct. It has been a real joy to drive in every way. We just returned form a road trip to ft. worth, drove a total of 1600 miles. Our avg. mpg for the entire trip 41 when we pulled into our driveway. When we left texas for home our avg. was 40.3 so it took about 700 miles of driving to achieve an increase to 41 Drove on cruise most of the time, in the past I have gotten in the 39 mpg range The ride is very comfortable."