2013 Nissan Altima

7.9

Based on 287 Ratings for the 2013 - 2017 models.

Very nice car

By on Friday, June 30, 2017

Pros: "looks good, plenty of room, nice ride"

Cons: "suspension is a liitle noise"

"I just bought a 2017 SR midnight edition and it is a very nice car. Very comfortable and nice ride."

I want to keep it

By on Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Pros: "Great safety features, smooth ride, easy to drive."

Cons: "Still paying for it, no automatic car wash."

"This is the best car I have owned to date. I have become spoiled with the interior side safety lights that let me know when someone is in my blind spot, the backup camera, the navigation system, the heated seats and heated steering wheel. Its a smooth, quiet ride. I have taken many long distance trips and I have to make myself stop when my legs cramp because I would rather keep driving."

no problems, but agree with the bad reviews

By on Saturday, September 10, 2016

"I purchased an Altima after renting one due to back and leg pain after hours on the road. I love the comfort of my car but do experience what other people are writing in their reviews. the first thing I've notice and complained about is the freon smell if I'm driving for more than 30 minutes. This has been going on since I first bought the car. I was told its a special type of cap that lets air out. 2nd the power steering is loud sounds like there is no power steering fluid. 3rd passenger airbag light doesn't come on sometimes when someone sits in the passenger seat. Last that I can think of if anyone can remember carburetors back in the day, well when I'm in idle the car kinda sputters like its not getting air in the engine like what it felt when you had a carburetor. Honestly these might sound big deals to some or small to others, overall the car hasn't left me stranded yet, drives beautifully on long trips and I love everything else about it. Yes it's noisy I was screwed with the price I paid my own fault, but I love my Altima and will get another one when this one goes I hope years from now. I hope this helps"

By far the best choice in mid size cars!

By on Monday, October 1, 2012

Pros: "MPG, ride, fit and finish . . ."

Cons: "Lots of data in manuals, but not user friendly"

"My wife primarily drives this car. She says it best . . . "Nicest car we have ever owned!" Can't review the reliability since we have had it so short of a time. Build quality is top notch. No cheap plastic feel like the Toyota Camry we did own or the 2012 Camry out now. CVT feels a bit iffy at slower speeds, but after you get above 6-10mph, it is smooth as can be. Nissan has an unusual time frame for "maintenance", ie oil changes (3,750)' but a spreadsheet can keep me organized with the time the oil needs to be done. Can only compare this to other new cars we have owned . . . Chevy Malibu, Ford Taurus, and two Toyota Camry's. Without a doubt, more bang for your buck and above the others in fit and finish!"

2016 3.5 SL with Technology Package

By on Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Pros: "Comfortable seats, quiet smooth ride"

Cons: "Resale value and possible future CVT issues"

"-I traded a 2016 Camry XLE I4 for the Altima. I was looking for more comfortable seats and a V6. -I had the dealer replace the 18" tires with 17" tires for a smoother ride. The 17" tires were a great improvement. The ride is now about the same as the Camry that I traded. -I thought that my Camry was quiet but the Altima is quieter. I have back issues and the Altima seats are fantastic. -The Bose sound system is great and better than the one in my Camry. -I am averaging about 25 MPG locally, about the same mileage that I got on a 2014 Impala V6 that I had for a while and also about the same mileage that I got on a 2003 Camry I4 that I use to own. -The Technology package is amazing. I really love the intelligent cruse control and blind spot monitor. However I do miss the HD radio and some of the other information features of the XLE Camry. -One concern is the resale value of the Altima, it much less than that of a Toyota. -The other concern is the CVT. I had issues with my CVT at 400 miles. The dealer's service said that they could find no problems with it. The tech at the dealer had refused to check the fluid level saying it is a new car and would not be low. "I found out later that I would have had to leave the car overnight for him to check the fluid level correctly". After some research I found the procedure for checking the transmission fluid. It was about a half pint low. After adding the correct amount of fluid, I have not had any further problems with the CVT. I wonder how many CVT's have been replaced due to low fluid because the dealer techs just did not want to spend the time to check the fluid level. It is a simple procedure but the transmission must be at a low temperature to start the check. -Over all I like my Altima and I plan on keeping it many years if it stays problem free."