2009 Nissan Altima

Based on 1061 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

Literally saved my life, such a safe car!

By on Monday, February 2, 2015

Pros: "SAFE, comfortable, roomy, good on gas"

Cons: "Can't think of any big ones."

"Okay let me just put this out here, I was OBSESSED with this car when I had it! I owned it for about 2 years. It drove so nice, was comfortable, and looked nice. So good on gas too. I drove all the time and only had to fill up every other week. The stock sound system was great in my opinion especially for only being stock! Everyone was always commenting about how my car "bumps". Well anyways I hit a tree head on the other day, and my car handled it like a champ. If I was in any other car I probably easily could have died, but the safety features on this car were amazing. Since it got wrecked I am now looking for another car, but I wouldn't be surprised if I got another Altima!"

An excellent car - good value and mileage.

By on Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Pros: "Excellent driveability, good mileage, good looking"

Cons: "Could use a smidge more HP for faster acceleration"

"This car holds the road beautifully when driving at speed on freeways over mountains. Comfortable and easy to handle."

Great vehicle!!!

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "great comfort and speed!"

Cons: "Haven't found any!"

"I am not a car person at all, however a few years ago I had to downsize due to fuel expense. And this car has not let me down - the power is awesome! It is great for long distance travel - very comfortable. Stereo system is great and love the leather heated seats in the cold weather. And there is great leg room in the rear. I have not had to do anything to this car except put tires and a battery in it!"

Excellent Quality Vehicle overall

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "Price, quality, good looks."

Cons: "OEM tires are ok at best, options can get pricey."

Picking up my new car!

"I traded my 2009 Altima sedan 2.5S (drove 53,000 miles in 18 months) for the 2012 2.5S Special Edition. Driving 120 miles round trip to work puts a huge toll on a vehicle, especially year round in the Northeast (Philladelphia to be exact), the roads are terrible, snow, sleat, freezing rain in the winter and of course... the heat and humidity summer carries with it. This car performed flawlessly all the time, every time. The 2012 Altima is not much different, cosmetically the front has a more aggressive look to it, add a rear wing and the aluminum wheels for the special edition package , and it has a slightly different look. Mechanically the 2.5 liter engine with the cvt operate the same, good power when passing on the highway and pulling hills, and great engine braking when going down a steep hill. The suspention feels a bit more responsive and tighter when driving on winding back roads, and slightly more confident feel on the highway. The steering wheel has great road feedback, however the brakes seem grabby (for lack of a better general term) when first used until you get the (feel for them). The interior has a very good "fit and finish" no squeeks or rattles, even while driving on the high quality roads of Pennsylvania (pothole central). Fuel milage will vary with driving habits, personaly I averaged 23 to 27 mpg city and 26 to 35 mpg on the highway depending on the correspondence email from my divorce attorney that day. The only part of this vehicle I would change is the tires, The original equipment tires (Continentals) make the ride and handling feel sluggish when replaced with a better (performance all season tire). I had my tires replaced (250 miles on the odometer on the 2012 Altima) with General HP Altimax V speed rated tires, it felt like a totally different vehicle. In all honesty, you cannot go wrong with this car."

Picking up my new car!

Great car!

By on Friday, March 3, 2017

Pros: "Great price, handles well, terrific interior!"

Cons: "No cons - yet!"

"I love my 2009 Nissan Altima! Its got 70,000 miles on it and drives like a champ! It performs great on my trips back and forth to the beach (1,200 miles) and is super comfortable. Ive been in other family cars that havent head up as well (2010 Chevy Impala, etc.). The interior looks and feels new. I love the way it shifts downhill. I dont have to lay on the breaks at all and it kind of keeps me from speeding. Cant say enough for my Altima! Hope it keeps going for years to come."