2009 Nissan Altima

Based on 1061 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

Not that happy

By on Sunday, November 2, 2008

"I thought that I was buying a great reliable car, that would last me the 5years of the loan. Well I was wrong. I think I bought a lemon. Well in one year of having a brand new car, the car died on me twice. The battery and security issue, in which the car wont even turn on. And the rotors already went on the car. And it needs a new exhaust. For a brand new car, this shouldn't happen. I cant say that it is that reliable cause now I cant get to work. I dont think I will ever buy a Nissan again or recommend it to anyone."

2008 altima 3.5SE

By on Saturday, April 26, 2008

"Great car for sports, but not for luxury. If you want luxury go for the 3.5SL. This model rides like a 2 door sports car on rough pavements, but like a luxury car on the interstate, even at 120mph. This is my second Altima and not much have changed since 2006. I really miss my 2006 because it was more fun to drive because the CVT transmission has removed a lot of the fun out of the ride. The upgrade was worth it because the push to start, CVT, and body style all are great features. The only downfall of this car is that the interior rattles like crazy and this has been a problem with my 2008 since the first week. At the end of the day, I still like my car, I just miss my 2006."

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

By on Friday, September 21, 2007

"I have the 07 and must admit- I have received alot of compliments. The car is beautiful to the eye but I have to say I am not completely satisfied. Not much get up and go, the cup holder has a few issues, the gas mileage is not up to par, and I have encountered one recall which was corrected but I have had engine noise since it was corrected. If I had to do it all over again I would have probably invested in another car or invested in the V6 if it were another Nissan."

WOW

By on Monday, April 16, 2007

"This is an amazing car, the features in this car are just great."

First car and still love it after 3 years.

By on Sunday, January 5, 2014

Pros: "Price, Value, Performance, Quality, Design"

Cons: "No A/C vents for the back for S model."

Mine.

"I bought a silver S at the time and fell in love with the looks, value and price. It looks great inside and out. Standard features are excellent for what you get. Very good acceleration, handling, and technology. Even in the S model, quality materials are built within the car. I feel comfortable, safe, and overall impressed after 3 years of owning it. I have no problems with it all. My only complaint is I wish they added air vents for the back seats somewhere but that's minimal. Beats the Accord and Camry by far."

Mine.

Solid, reliable, efficient midsize

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pros: "Quiet, solid handling, fuel economy (4cyl), peppy"

Cons: "No pwr passenger seat, marginal rear headroom"

"Got loaded 2.5SL-all options except nav. Quiet, comfortable, great mpg (actual 27 city,34hwy). CVT sounds different at first but its very smooth"

Great, reiable, fun car.

By on Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Pros: "Fun Drive, Plenty of Power, Comfy, Quiet, safe"

Cons: "Large Turn Radius, Small Trunk, Fragile Paint"

"I have owned this car for 3 years now and am very happy with it. It has great exterior styling, interior is very comfy and stylish. When I test drove the 2.5 I wasn't too impressed with the power and since I do a lot of highway driving I opted for the 3.5 which has quite a bit more pick up (the only down side is that they recommend premium gas for the 3.5 and yes, you do notice a difference in pick up as well as feeling a little vibration when idling). The CVT Transmission is pretty sick. Totally seamless shifting. Nissan also extended the warenty for all their CVT's to 11years 100,000miles so the worry of the expensive repair if they break is gone. The car is not the best in the snow but the traction control does a pretty good job of keeping things straight. The cabin is also very quiet both on the highway and in the city. The negatives I can think of are: - Turn radius is slightly smaller than a Mack Truck - Small trunk. If you haul anything this car is not for you. The trunk is just big enough to fit my hockey bag or two small walking golf bags and that's it. The seats do fold down if you need extra room but it can be a bit awkward getting stuff into the back through the front. - Paint is pretty fragile. If anything remotely sharp brushes against it, it will scratch. I don't know if this is limited to this car because I have freinds that complain about the same thing with other Nissans and even other car makes. - A lot of money for what you get. I read some reviews before I bought the car about this and they're very true. For just a couple thousand more you can get into a used Infinity G35 or G37 with a lot of standard amenities, better paint, better warenty, etc. However, from what I've experienced this is true for most Nissan cars. Hope this helps!"

Love this car!

By on Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pros: "Mileage and comfort"

Cons: "Blue tooth background noise"

"Bought this car new one year ago. I only have 5000 miles on it. It is a smooth riding car with great mileage. Very comfortable to drive with a great Bose stereo system. The blue tooth microphone picks up too much road noise. Otherwise no negative comments."

Door Locks

By on Thursday, February 21, 2008

"Interesting most are reporting the same problems, breaks and such. Mine has all the same issues. My beef is that you can’t get into your car and lock the door. If you do all the doors unlock. You have to get in put your foot on the break and then lock the door. Which sounds silly but being a woman sometimes you want and need to get in and lock the door - in that order. Its great that you can’t lock your keys in your car but the other ramifications out weigh that ‘convenience’ in my opinion. The gas mileage is not as advertised in the city – not even close."

not practical

By on Wednesday, January 2, 2008

"i own an 08 coupe 2.5 s cvt transmission. the car is beautiful and great on gas, however it is TERRIBLE in any kind of snow, so if you are a new englander stay away from this car unless you are planning to buy it as a toy. i purchased the convenience package, and the stock sound system is terrible, plastic pieces are coming off of the seats etc. i would not buy one again, and will definetly trade this car in within the next couple of years."

Much improved

By on Thursday, November 1, 2007

"Bought a Altma 2003, great styling and performance, however the 2007 Altma is vastly improved, better ride, less road noise, better gas mileage (30mph) to mention a few improvements. Priced right."

Glad I have it

By on Friday, October 12, 2007

"This is the most comfortable car I have ever owned. The leather seats are remarkable. It is roomy and I am a bigger gal! I have all the whistles on this car and I have to say that it looks classy, drives classy, and feels classy. My only complaint is the quality of the bluetooth and my dealer's failure to prioritize repairing it. It started out with thinking the microphone was not good as it would not correctly dial some numbers and it has continually been difficult for the receiving party to understand me although I hear them clearly. I don't mind paying for a good quality car but for the price that I paid for this car, I should be able to contact God on my bluetooth. And since this is sooo important to people??? The trunk is HUGE in this car and the stereo (BOSE) is definitely the best that I have ever experienced in a vehicle."

Amazing for $21k

By on Tuesday, September 4, 2007

"Have the 6-speed, and get 40-45mpg on the highway at 75mph (not the hybrid). Handles exceptionally well, stock exhaust makes a 4 cylinder sound throaty. Good punch with the standard to get you onto those busy highways. EBD, variable wipers, and adjusting power steering are excellent features and make the car's behavior reliable and predictable. I'm thoroughly amazed with the number of features that come with the base model. Comfort is okay, some elements of cheapness are visible, and the sound quality leaves a little to be desired. Otherwise, amazing!"

2007 Altima meets expectations.

By on Friday, August 10, 2007

"You still can't beat an Altima for the money. This car is fast and the improvements in the positioning of the engine have virtually eliminated the torque steer present in previous models. My biggest complaint is that the passenger seat isn't power and the manual seat controls feel cheap. Second complaint would be the configuration of the cup holders. They interfere with each other. On the other hand, I didn't buy the car to drink in. Excellent purchase. I would do it again."

I LOVE IT

By on Friday, July 6, 2007

"I was a die hard honda/toyota buyer. I never wanted to get anything else. My husband talked me in to getting this car and I have no regrets! This car has the best handling of anything I have ever driven. I bought the V6 and love the power, love the CVT, and LOVE the keyless entry/start, it is great if you have kids as there is a ton of room in the car and you do not have the hassle of carrying the kids and fumbling the keys in your hands."

This vehicle is an amazing machine.

By on Thursday, April 23, 2015

Pros: "Plenty of power, leather seats, bose audio, AC"

Cons: "Slots for coins could hold a little more."

"I have been driving this car for a little over a year now, I have no complaints. I am paying above KBB for the car but that was to be expected, my credit wasn't the best. The thing that softens the blow is how amazingly comfortable this car is, as well as how reliable it has been. The features are many and the comforts are just as plentiful, I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking to purchase."

Love It!

By on Saturday, November 1, 2014

Pros: "Great gas, Fun to Drive, head Turner, looks great"

"This Car is Great, I just got it not to long ago and I must say it is one of the best cars I have ever owned! Gets better gas millage than my old cars, and just looks gorgeous! best car yet"

Classy Car

By on Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Pros: "Fun to cruise in with windows down & music up."

Cons: "just wish the front seats were higher up."

"My husband and I love this car. It drives well in the snow and I feel safe. It feels like a solid car that doesn't shake or jerk around when you are on the interstate and the wind is blowing around. The ride is smooth and enjoyable. We have never had any problems with this car. It's been a good car for us."

Great car. Have never had any issues.

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

"This car is a great steal. Great on gas. Maintenance is very reasonable. Comfortable ride. Inside is very roomy. Comfortable seats. Overall a great car!"

Love this car

By on Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, cool design, comfortable interior"

Cons: "haven't found any yet...just bought car 2 days ago"

"this is my favorite car by far. i had this car as a dealer loaner for 45 days and instantly fell in love. so when the opportunity presented itself to own one i jumped at it. great ride and comfortable"

Drive ability

By on Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Pros: "smooth ride"

Cons: "stiffness with maneuverability, noisy"

"The Atima has a nice clean look, leather interior so easy to maintain. Acceleration is very fast which is useful when entering highways. The down side of this car is stiffness with maneuverability especially when driving curves."

Excellent vehicle.

By on Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Pros: "Great looks. Fun to drive."

"This 2007 2.5S is my second Altima and has 138,000 miles. I also own a 2003 2.5S with 210,000 miles. Both were purchased new and both have been relatively trouble free."

The Best 4Door Sedan I've Ever Owned

By on Friday, September 6, 2013

"Never changed the sparkplugs and still getting 32-34MPG There seems to always be plenty of power except when towing a small trailer. The keyless entry and start are an excellent feature that helps when hands are full."

2010 Altima

By on Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive"

"I have the 2010 Altima SL 2.5L sedan. Rides smooth, quick off the line for a 4 cyl., enough room for friends or family, I am 6'0 and someone sitting behind me is comfortable. It might not be as fast as you want but it is fast enough, especially for me seeing as I am not going to drive it on the autobahn, (drove a Camaro on it, speechless). This is a wonderful vehicle, have everything except DVD, Navi, and spoiler. That can be purchased but why, it's an excellent car to have and keep. Warranty is great, but I would purchase and extended warranty also if you plan on keeping it for a long time. As for me I will get one cause things are expensive for imports but they do tend to last."

You will not regret buying this car

By on Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Pros: "Acceleration, Keyless Entry, A Pleasure to drive"

"This is absolutely the best car for your money. The interior is slick and high quality, the drive is smooth, the acceleration is amazing. It is just all around a really nice car. I was looking at Nissan Maxima when I bought this and went for the cheaper model because I didn't feel like I lost much in downgrading. The Maxima was not worth the large price jump. Do yourself a favor. Buy an Altima."