2008 Nissan Altima

Based on 1061 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

Most reliable, economical, and fun to drive cars

By on Thursday, December 29, 2016

Pros: "Looks, great economy and performance, fun to drive"

Cons: "Key fob buttons are too big and sensitive"

"I bought this car new in 2007 and for the first two years, I drove it 120 miles a day around the DC beltway during rush hour. DC rush hour is one of the toughest ways to treat a car with stop and go driving interspersed with 70-80 mph dashes. Nine years later with 110,000 miles, the Altima still drives like new. The only maintenance other than the usual servicing have been brake pads and tires. The model I have is the 2.5 SL with heated leather seats, BOSE sterio with bluetooth, and CVT transmission. The CVT transmission has not only been flawless but I have been able to out perform other stick shift and automatic transmission cars with larger and (supposedly) more powerful engines. The only complaint I have with the Altima are the buttons on the key fob. They are too sensitive occasionally resulting an open trunk and the windows down. I love this car. Most likely I will drive this car until the wheels fall off, which I don't expect will happen soon."

A step above the competition!

By on Monday, July 5, 2010

"I bought a 2008 Nissan Altima Couple brand new off the lot in '08. When shopping for a vehicle, I test drove many comparable vehicles such as the Accord coupe, mazda 6, Acura TL, and the Nissan Altime 4-door. Nothing compared to the Altima Coupe and it has been a great car. I have had absolutely no problems with the vehicle in the first two years. I am in sales, so I have to drive the vehicle for long distances sometimes and never once have I had a problem. I always get 29+ mpg and when I do any sort of highway traveling it is usually around 32 mpg. My wife has an accord and the altima has much more power, is more fun to drive, is more comfortable, and gets better gas mileage. I would reccomend this vehicle to anyone looking in this market. It should be worth an extra 2-3K in all value aspects because of how much better the vehicle is overall when compared to others in it's class."

Fun to drive, Super reliable

By on Thursday, September 5, 2013

"I have had my Altima 2.5 s for 5 years now and I have never had to do anything but basic maintenance. After 5 years I just now had to change out my original factory battery. The cost of owning this car has been shockingly low. Very comfortable interior and very roomy. I am 6'6 and 350 lbs and I have plenty of room. Fast and fun to drive. I have driven faster cars but for a sedan with great mpg this one is surprisingly fast. Also great handling and turning radius. I am now looking at new cars because I want new features, (bluetooth, back up camera, ext..), but I can honestly say I still love this car!"

Strong 2.5 Motor, Strong Value

By on Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Pros: "Very Strong and quiet Engine, Very Fuel Efficient"

Cons: "Wish it was leather for its high class"

"+ Sporty 2.5 Engine + Quieter then its rival competitors on Road and when Idle + Great Gas Millage 28 City / 34.5 HWY (70MPH) + Comfortable and Roomy interior and Large Truck + Larger Fuel Tank then other sedans + Very Quick Acceleration and Option to Switch to Sport manual Shifting + Very Dependable Car + You cant go wrong with Altima/Accord/Camry they are all Japanese built only difference in your preference + This car is like Cash in your pocket, you can sell it anytime you like"

9 Years of trouble free ownership...GO NISSAN!!!

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pros: "COMFORTABLE, RELIABLE, SPORTY HANDLING"

Cons: "Cheap interior plastic"

"Mine is a 2003 2.5S...bought it as leftover in 2004. Best car hands down. I own 2011F-150 for towing horses, but this is my fuel saver. I love this car. Extremely reliable. No trouble, never left me stranded, stuck, upset. Great gas mile. Good power from 2.5, handles very well and rides decent. Lots of interior space, and best seats of any midsizer. Interior a little cheap (plastic bits) But overall awesome 9 years of ownership. So reliable that Nissan gave me back money I purchased for extended warranty wen new, never used it. Great job!!"