2006 Nissan Altima

8.3

Based on 1289 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

By on Tuesday, October 14, 2008

"At 95000 thousand miles I had to replace the gas pump, the catalytic conveter, the bar links, the alternator. The service engine light came on and the mechanic said, it is something that hadto be done by the dealer. I took the car to the dealer to set the idle speed and they said that the car had a vacuum leak and the solenoid had to be replaced. I had to pay $200 bucks for that.I won't buy a nissan anymore, I am done with nissan. I forgot to tell that I had to replace two motor mounts, the water pump and the thermostat."

Very nice sports sedan

By on Tuesday, October 2, 2007

"I bought the car in June 2005. I paid $21500 for a 2005 3.5SE brand new in MA. I have 44K miles on the car. I have replace 2 tires on the car at 40k. The other two should be good for another 10k. The car is very powerful. The only thing I have to complain about are that the fron and passenger seats are not comfortable. maybe if they were leather they wouldbe better. Currently, my driver's side seat squicks a little bit for some reason. I have only done oil changes. I have been seeing 23 mpg in the city and 27-29 mpg on highway. I have 26.5 mpg with 60% highway and 40% city driving. This car has actually been better on gas then some 4-cycle cars I have driven. I have noticed that premium fuel has given me better performance and better gas mileage. i reccomend people using premium. It will make the engine happier and in the long run in prevents mainentance costs."

everyone should own one

By on Sunday, July 22, 2007

"i have had 3 nissan car in the last 20 years..they are the best qualtiy cars you can get for them money ..the first one had 300,000 miles on it when i traded it in..the other two i still have one has 200,000 miles on it and the only 38,000 so you figure the new one will last me another 15 years..great cars..wouldn't buy anything else"

WHAT A CHAMP!!!

By on Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Pros: "Fun to drive, turns quickly, smooth, stylish"

Cons: "needs new cv axle, otherwise no complaints"

"I have a 2003 Nissan Altima 2.5S. Im single person who just graduated college and I do not have a family, yet. Love this car! It is blast to drive. Turns very well and it is very aerodynamic. The 4 cylinder is a beast of an engine! The ride is very comfortable as it is a leather interior A/C and heat work awesome. Audio sounds good. The car holds up surprisingly well in snow in comparison to a Subaru vehicle. Out of the 3 vehicles that I have driven, THIS BEST ONE BAR NONE! I am going to cry when I have to get rid if it one day."

this car drive and runs perfect

By on Thursday, December 29, 2016

Pros: "HID head lights"

Cons: "need new back springs"

"This was my fathers car he bout the car brand new in 2005 with 0mils we live in Newark NJ he use to work 22 mils away from home so everyday the car was doing highway miles for the pass 9 years he just pass-down the car to me. most of the parts that been change on the cars they were change because they were old and getting rusty, all the oil changes had been done on time. the car still runs like new i dint want to sale it but i need a SUV, now that i have a 3 month all daughter. car is clean paint is shine almost as if it was new."

I got excellent service from my Altima

By on Thursday, January 29, 2015

Pros: "wonderful to drive"

"Performance was awesome. Loved my car!"

Great Sports Car

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "Fast. Fun to Drive, Affordable, Roomy Interior"

Cons: "Noisy and stiff ride, prone to tire/wheel problems"

"Purchased the car used with approx. 60k miles and it currently has 125k and i have owned the car for 5 years. As a lover of sports cars i have really enjoyed owning this vehicle. Has great acceleration and is still a practical car. Car isn't the best in snow, but for a sports car its not too bad. Not the best mpg and the ride is a little stiff and noisy and when you hit bumps it really resonates in the car. Sometimes hitting bumps will give a sound of rattling plastic that seems kind of cheap. Low profile tires are also vulnerable to flats and dented rims which I've had a problem with here in NJ. The problems I've had with the car are minor and have never needed any expensive repairs throughout ownership compared to my last car, '98 Audi A4, which required maintenance pretty frequently always costing at least 1,000 and often more. All in all, the Altima SE-R has been good to me and I would definitely purchase it again and recommend it to others."

Except for exterior paint, good car.

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pros: "Good trunk storage & sound system."

Cons: "Center console difficult to clean..."

"Exterior paint has pitted on the front of the car. I paid extra for Armour guard, and I do not tailgate, so this is an annoying disappointment every time I look at the car. Other than that, I still enjoy the comfort, design & reliability of the Altima."

Excellent car

By on Thursday, January 2, 2014

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Crank shaft"

"I bought my 2005 altima brand new, the only problem I had was the crank shaft other than that the car has great mpg, love the space, and very reliable"

MY FAVORITE!

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pros: "everything is a pro!"

Cons: "no cons"

"the Nissan Altima is an amazing car, ive had two nissans before. ive had a sentra and the Altima blows it out of the water. it my favorite car. it drives smooth. the bose system is great! it is a fantastic machine!"