2006 Nissan Altima

8.3

Based on 1293 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

everyone should own one

By on Sunday, July 22, 2007

"i have had 3 nissan car in the last 20 years..they are the best qualtiy cars you can get for them money ..the first one had 300,000 miles on it when i traded it in..the other two i still have one has 200,000 miles on it and the only 38,000 so you figure the new one will last me another 15 years..great cars..wouldn't buy anything else"

2006 SE-R 6 Speed

By on Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Pros: "Great value for the money"

Cons: "Clutch sinks on hot day bumper to bumper traffic"

"Had the car for 10 years, never had a single issue, just do your regular maintenance on it and drive it. Very comfortable too for being a sport trim."

I got excellent service from my Altima

By on Thursday, January 29, 2015

Pros: "wonderful to drive"

"Performance was awesome. Loved my car!"

Great Sports Car

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "Fast. Fun to Drive, Affordable, Roomy Interior"

Cons: "Noisy and stiff ride, prone to tire/wheel problems"

"Purchased the car used with approx. 60k miles and it currently has 125k and i have owned the car for 5 years. As a lover of sports cars i have really enjoyed owning this vehicle. Has great acceleration and is still a practical car. Car isn't the best in snow, but for a sports car its not too bad. Not the best mpg and the ride is a little stiff and noisy and when you hit bumps it really resonates in the car. Sometimes hitting bumps will give a sound of rattling plastic that seems kind of cheap. Low profile tires are also vulnerable to flats and dented rims which I've had a problem with here in NJ. The problems I've had with the car are minor and have never needed any expensive repairs throughout ownership compared to my last car, '98 Audi A4, which required maintenance pretty frequently always costing at least 1,000 and often more. All in all, the Altima SE-R has been good to me and I would definitely purchase it again and recommend it to others."

Except for exterior paint, good car.

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pros: "Good trunk storage & sound system."

Cons: "Center console difficult to clean..."

"Exterior paint has pitted on the front of the car. I paid extra for Armour guard, and I do not tailgate, so this is an annoying disappointment every time I look at the car. Other than that, I still enjoy the comfort, design & reliability of the Altima."

Excellent car

By on Thursday, January 2, 2014

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Crank shaft"

"I bought my 2005 altima brand new, the only problem I had was the crank shaft other than that the car has great mpg, love the space, and very reliable"

MY FAVORITE!

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pros: "everything is a pro!"

Cons: "no cons"

"the Nissan Altima is an amazing car, ive had two nissans before. ive had a sentra and the Altima blows it out of the water. it my favorite car. it drives smooth. the bose system is great! it is a fantastic machine!"

Altima - Excellent Choice for the long haul

By on Friday, August 24, 2012

Pros: "Economy, interior room, dependability."

Cons: "Some interior points are kind of "Cheap""

"And what I mean by long haul that is if you plan to pay out the note. You can expect little problem in owning this car. In nearly 100,000 regularly driven miles the Altima has only had thwo "not our fault" issues. They were a minor interior issue, and the cam/drive-line sensor issue. So with the exception of tires, brakes, and batteries this car has not ever left us stranded. Another nice thing, you can still get a brand new same level Altima for nearly the same price we paid back in 2005."

I would get another Altima

By on Monday, July 30, 2012

Pros: "Nice to drive, great body style."

"I bought it with 12,000 miles on it. It has been a great car and very reliable. It has 135,0000 miles on it now. I've had to put some money into the car for repairs in the past 2 years for different things. I've kept up the maintenance since I've bought it. I would get another one."

Best Car I have ever owned!

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "Price, mileage, looks/runs great, fun"

Cons: "Exterior pain scratches easily, (but no rust)."

"I'm 64 years old, and have owned 20 cars. This is without a doubt the best car I have ever owned. It's fun to drive, the 4 cyl. motor has plenty of power, it looks great inside and outside, handles well, and gets GREAT gas mileage. I drive about half city and half highway, and in summer I average about 28 mpg. If I baby it, I can get 30 mpg. It runs great, and after 115,000 miles the motor sounds, runs and feels like the day I first drove it. I'm still on my second set of tires, and will get another set at 120,000 miles. The interior looks like new and is easy to maintain. My one compliant is that the exterior paint scratches easily (surface scratches, not down to base metal). There is no sign of any rust whatsoever. I am retiring soon and a year or two ago I had thought that I'd reward myself with a new car, maybe a Maxima, but frankly, I like my car so much I don't want to part with it! It has held up so well that I don't see a need for another one at this time. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat."

Even at her Old age I love her!

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Value, dependable, spunky 4 cyl!"

Cons: "refuses to die! So prepare to own for a long time!"

"I have to say that I abused this car at every turn possible and she never ever failed me! She has driven I-10 from ocean to ocean twice! Never had any major problems! Plain and simple Altimus Prime is more than meets the eye! I wish I would have bought two of the same car and put one in storage...She is starting to knock and click a bit but is still going strong! She really does drive like a sports car, with all the room and comfort of a family ride!"

1st Nissan

By on Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Pros: "dependable, fun, styling"

Cons: "cant charge your phone unless car is on."

"My Altima was the first new car purchase I have made. I have owned several makes and models and my Altima is by far the best car I have ever owned. It currently has 132k miles and I have never had a major issue, nor dependability issues. I live in Iowa and every winter this Altima would start without hesitation... even if left outside in below zero temps. Highly recommend and will trade in for another new Nissan soon."

Best car for the $

By on Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pros: "Easy to work on, parts are reasonable."

"I have owned this car for 6 years and except for normal wear and tear this car has been a very exceptional car. I have put 3 sets of Perilli tires(70k on each set), replaced the catylytic convertor, tune-up, rotors and pads, Mobil 1 oil change every 10k, cam sensor. All the work done by self, as I do not trust the Dealers."

Great handling, comfort and gas mileage

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

"I'm 6'2" and I fit comfortably. Handles great on curvy mountain roads. Avg 30 mile/gal, great sound system. never any problems, have only done routine maintenance"

WILL ALWAYS OWN ONE!

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

"I was recently in an accident with a very large deer at a pretty high speed and this car held up better than my prior SUV hitting a smaller deer at a lower rate of speed! I will ALWAYS own a Nissan Altima! Not to mention, my son is 6'5" and fits in the back seat comfortably!!"

over all

By on Friday, October 14, 2011

Pros: "Good tunes,good gas,fun to drive"

Cons: "plastic door handles,no ashtry"

"Over all I'm happy with my 2003 altama SE.I bought it used with ,118,000 miles on it and other than no ashtray,and the rear door handle breaking during winter,I've had very little issues with it.The Boose stereo still sounds crisp and very loud,the sunroof still seals with no leaks,and although it uses a qt. of oil between tuneups,I still get great gas milage.Plus for a 4 door it still has alot of get up and go and is very sporty.The heated seats are nice in the winter."

great car

By on Sunday, September 25, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "No,ipod hook up"

"Great car, smooth, reliable 10/10 times!"

Puts Honda and Toyota to shame

By on Friday, October 1, 2010

"I can't speak for the 4-cylinder engines, but the 3.5 V6 is a force to be reckoned with. Fast, responsive, and still pretty friendly on the gas tank. The car is well built, the center console doesn't shake like the cheaply assembled Camry's, and the cluster panel is informative and stylish. The AT can be a little hesitant to downshift, but that's the beauty of using the manual shifter when you want speed. Keep the oil and transmission fluid changed and the engine will purr as it should (it's the same engine as what is in the Infinity G35 and the base 350z - the transmission isn't as refined though). Would definitely encourage getting good Bridgestone tires (the stock bridgestones are the best combo of performance and comfort) Get them at firestone and GET the lifetime balance and alignment - the alignment is sensitive! Get a used one for 12-15k with less than 75k miles on it and kiss the competition goodbye!"

All Time A

By on Friday, January 15, 2010

"because it is in the repair shop ALL THE TIME. Horrible car, everything gone wrong 8 recalls should've warned me. Gas line, catalytic converter, tires, brakes, air conditioning, heating, all needed major repairs. For what I paid and paid in repairs, I could be driving a Bentley. Nissan=never"

I LOVE MY ALTIMA!!!

By on Wednesday, May 27, 2009

"We bought our Altima in 2003 as a demo with 500 miles. It now has 101048 miles and is still going strong. We've had no mechanical issues. I went from a 4 cyl to this 6 cyl and WOW what power!! I love everything about this vehicle. I would purchase this vehicle again and again and again."

A wonderful auto

By on Sunday, March 1, 2009

"We love our auto. It is easy to drive, comfortable, and beautiful. It is a poor man's luxury car."

By on Tuesday, October 28, 2008

"I have had my 2005 Nissan Altima SER for 4 years and still love it. One the highway I get around 29-32 mpg and in town on an average of 24. It's classy, stylish, very comfortable and can't complain about its performance. I've seen only one other SER in the town where I live and people notice it's different from the other Altima's. I am a very satisfied customer. My only complaint is because of the SER package and it's sporty styling, it does have a little more road noise."

Run from this vehicle

By on Tuesday, September 30, 2008

"I have had numerous problems with this car. The cable broke on the a/c control, headlamps had to be replaced due to recall, numerous other recalls on vehicle. Main problem is the motor. Nissan is aware of a defect with the catalytic converter. It will disentigrate and shoot metal up into the motor causing the motor to burn oil. This in turn causes the rings to collapse and renders the motor useless. This happens around 100,000 therefore Nissan declines responsibility for any assistance in repairing the problem. This problem is well documented on automobile sites. And, if you call your local mechanic or your local parts dealer you will find that motors for 2002 Altimas are in great demand. I would not buy this car or buy another Nissan for that matter."

Bad engine

By on Monday, September 8, 2008

"I have an 02 Nissan Altima and they have an excessive oil consumption problem which destroys the engine. I had screws come a loose from the power valve which caused damage to my engine and now I need a new motor at a cost of $4,200. This is a result of the excessive oil consumption and Nissan will not take responsibilty for their defected engines. They recalled the 06 Nissan Altima but did not allow the previous models to be covered."

Very poorly built car!!!

By on Wednesday, July 9, 2008

"I bought this Altima new and it has been in the shop 12 time for several different reasons. This car looks good but is very poorly built. I bought the top of the line with everything on it. The paint is thin and had several chips on it the first week I drove it. The construction of the car is a poor as it can be. I have had problems from the engine to the sun roof to the instrument panel to the trim falling off and the air condition going out. That is just a few of the issues I have had. Before you buy this car just feel how flemsy the handles and knobs are. Nissan made this look good but built it very prooly. You can not even compare this to the Maxima. Do not waste your money on this car. You will be very disappointed!"