2006 Nissan Altima

8.3

Based on 1291 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

Excellent Buy

By on Monday, July 6, 2009

"I've had this car since new, Jan 2006, Approx. 36K miles. The mechanicals are all working fine and the body integrity is very good. Very little sound in the passenger cabin unless you really floor it. During a recent 600 mile trip, hiway mileage was a solid 32 mpg with the A/C on much of the time. In town gas mileage is a consistent 24 mpg. I will keep mine for a while. I recommend this car highly to anyone who is in the market for a reliable used sedan that will seat 4 very comfortably and deliver good gas mileage without repair expense."

WHAT A CHAMP!!!

By on Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Pros: "Fun to drive, turns quickly, smooth, stylish"

Cons: "needs new cv axle, otherwise no complaints"

"I have a 2003 Nissan Altima 2.5S. Im single person who just graduated college and I do not have a family, yet. Love this car! It is blast to drive. Turns very well and it is very aerodynamic. The 4 cylinder is a beast of an engine! The ride is very comfortable as it is a leather interior A/C and heat work awesome. Audio sounds good. The car holds up surprisingly well in snow in comparison to a Subaru vehicle. Out of the 3 vehicles that I have driven, THIS BEST ONE BAR NONE! I am going to cry when I have to get rid if it one day."

Almost 7 years and going strong!

By on Saturday, October 5, 2013

Pros: "Roomy, value, dependable, big trunk & gas tank."

Cons: "Only 21 mpg."

"I bought my Altima in Nov 2006, got a fantastic deal ($2,000 cash back) since I bought it near year end and accepted what they had left on the lot. I mainly used it to go 6 miles back and forth to work with longer trips every other weekend. I've always averaged 21 mpg, a little better with all highway driving. I love the 20 gal gas tank and the roominess of the car, both length and width. Unfortunately, NYC is not a good place to keep a car's body unblemished ....... between parallel parking bumper dents/scratches, narrow parking lot spaces fostering scratched/dented doors and winter potholes, the body looks as if it's been through the mill. I still love "my baby" though! When I move out of NYC and save up enough cash for a new Altima, I'll trade in my low mileage baby for a new one and get another year end bargain."

A great car

By on Wednesday, February 8, 2012

"This car is very fun to drive only issue it has is the torque steer but other than that I love this car. has been a reliable car for me and my family"

Worst Nissan I've ever owned

By on Tuesday, March 15, 2011

"I bought this car used at about 80,000 thinking it would go for over 200k miles because my last one did. At 131k miles the engine is pretty much dead and likely has a cracked ring. My mechanic also sees a small crack in the cylinder wall that he says he's never seen the likes of and may be a casting problem. This car has a very cheap interior and many of the plastic parts have broken or scratched easily. I trusted the Nissan brand when I bought this thing but is has burned 2 qts of oil every 3,000 miles since I got it. Very bad engine. Glad I was able to drive it long enough to pay it off at least. Bad car!"