2006 Nissan Altima

8.3

Based on 1293 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

nice dependable

By on Thursday, April 2, 2015

Pros: "great price and fun to drive"

Cons: "engine mount."

"I love this car. It is extremly reliable. The only problem i had was had to replace two engine mounts which was a recall item. My car has 130,000 miles on it and I have put in about 3500 worth of repairs since I bought it. Luckily it doesnt have the problem with the timing belt which has to be replaced ever 100,000 miles. I thought the mechanic was lying, but turns out its true. Very reliable and not bumpy like the accord."

Perfect fit

By on Monday, December 19, 2011

Pros: "Great gas mileage, comfortable ride, smooth engine"

Cons: "Lacking power, Transmission is a little rough"

"I actually traded down to this vehicle from an 08 Altima V6 SE. I bought the 08 brand new and got sick of the payments and the gas mileage. This car felt like home the second I sat down for the test drive. The 2.5 four cylinder doesn't have quite the smoothness or the punch that the 3.5 V6 does but it gets around town without too much effort and without revving to the moon like most four cylinder engines. The gas mileage is a huge plus and there was no loss in comfort or ride quality, even with going back five years (I actually kind of prefer the seats in the 03 to the 08). I miss my V6 but this 03 is exactly what I needed at this point in time. Great car!"

lemon

By on Thursday, January 21, 2010

"all nissan altimas in this year range have problems once they hit the 100 thousand mile range.....the engine, head gaskets, and pre-cat keep messing up due to a malfunction that there was a recall too....however the recall did not fix the underlying problem and even after getting a new catlyac converter the same problems happens again and it eventually causes damage to the engine...its jut a revolving problem....the worst car i've ever owned...i'll stick to driving camrys at least they are predicatble and reliable!!!!"

Excellent Buy

By on Monday, July 6, 2009

"I've had this car since new, Jan 2006, Approx. 36K miles. The mechanicals are all working fine and the body integrity is very good. Very little sound in the passenger cabin unless you really floor it. During a recent 600 mile trip, hiway mileage was a solid 32 mpg with the A/C on much of the time. In town gas mileage is a consistent 24 mpg. I will keep mine for a while. I recommend this car highly to anyone who is in the market for a reliable used sedan that will seat 4 very comfortably and deliver good gas mileage without repair expense."

Almost 7 years and going strong!

By on Saturday, October 5, 2013

Pros: "Roomy, value, dependable, big trunk & gas tank."

Cons: "Only 21 mpg."

"I bought my Altima in Nov 2006, got a fantastic deal ($2,000 cash back) since I bought it near year end and accepted what they had left on the lot. I mainly used it to go 6 miles back and forth to work with longer trips every other weekend. I've always averaged 21 mpg, a little better with all highway driving. I love the 20 gal gas tank and the roominess of the car, both length and width. Unfortunately, NYC is not a good place to keep a car's body unblemished ....... between parallel parking bumper dents/scratches, narrow parking lot spaces fostering scratched/dented doors and winter potholes, the body looks as if it's been through the mill. I still love "my baby" though! When I move out of NYC and save up enough cash for a new Altima, I'll trade in my low mileage baby for a new one and get another year end bargain."