2005 Nissan Altima

8.3

Based on 1289 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

the best car i have had yet!

By on Sunday, July 14, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive!!!!"

Cons: "doesnt have an mp3 plug"

"i love my leather seats, also the seats are almost the size of chairs very comfortable!! the sunroof is cool. and it has a bose system and a 5 dise cd player, the truck has an awesome amount of space. it is a great car to travel in< the gas mileage is great, i can go 350 miles on a full tank of gas!But i would have to say my favorite thing about my car would have to be the engine. it runs so smooth, and you will never be the last person to get anywere. this car is ready to go!!!"

AWESOME BUY BUY BUY BUY

By on Thursday, July 11, 2013

Pros: "POWERFUL NO ISSUES BEAUTIFUL FRONT INTERIOR"

Cons: "NONE"

"This car gives the only finest quality of transportation to be seen on this road. It is very reliable, safe, and has never had a major repair unless i got my back bumper knocked off. When the Nissan company recalled the Altima. It was one of the only cars that didn't get recalled."

Nothing Compares!

By on Thursday, May 16, 2013

Pros: "Excellent gas mileage"

Cons: "Horrible turn radius"

"The Bose Premium Sound System is incredible. I love the electric blue color because my car is easy to see in heavy traffic and/or at night. It's comfortable, drives well (with the exception of the turn radius - that stinks) and is without a doubt the best car I've ever owned! I'm looking at the new Nissan Altimas and none compare to my car. It's sad because to purchase a new Altima is downgrading from the 2003 I own now."

Best car I have ever owned

By on Saturday, April 6, 2013

Pros: "great to drive. Nice a long trips"

"I love this car. I have 181,300 miles and wondering how many more I will be able to get out of it. Have had hardly any problems. regular maintenance Would love to buy another."

One of my all time favorite cars

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2013

"I have enjoyed driving this car for years. It is roomy and rides very comfortably and gets good gas mileage (26-27). With 115,000 miles, it has only had a few minor maintenance issues and continues to run great. I have driven newer Altimas and find them to be equally fun to drive. I would get a new one, but this one will probably last another 100,000 miles first."

Excellent vehicle overall

By on Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Pros: "Great car for the money, spacious for 4 adults."

Cons: "Style is dated, but its 8 years old"

"8 years old with no problems. Could use shocks, but that is a regular wear item like brakes and tires. Gas mileage averages 22-25 on my 40 mile round trip commute of mixed city and highway driving. Max on the hwy is 29/30 MPG. Good power for a four cylinder engine."

Superb Car

By on Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Pros: "Price, Space, features"

Cons: "A bit long in size,"

"Nice Car. Not Costly, not cheap. Excellent interior Space. No Major issues. Can run upto 250K I think."

Worst Nissan I've ever owned

By on Tuesday, March 15, 2011

"I bought this car used at about 80,000 thinking it would go for over 200k miles because my last one did. At 131k miles the engine is pretty much dead and likely has a cracked ring. My mechanic also sees a small crack in the cylinder wall that he says he's never seen the likes of and may be a casting problem. This car has a very cheap interior and many of the plastic parts have broken or scratched easily. I trusted the Nissan brand when I bought this thing but is has burned 2 qts of oil every 3,000 miles since I got it. Very bad engine. Glad I was able to drive it long enough to pay it off at least. Bad car!"

The 3.5SE Rips!

By on Thursday, September 3, 2009

"Best car I've ever owned. I had two maximas before this, 97GXE and 2000SE. Both of them had a quieter cabin at highway speed than the Altima. That's why I gave only gave it a 4. Not a big deal to me but some people might care. Other than that it's very comfortable. The seats are great. I could drive this car forever. One pet peave is the stupid curved display on the heat/AC. It manages to reflect the sun at any possible angle so you can never read it. Duh! So you move your hand over it when you want to read it. No biggie. Performance is great! It's quicker and handles better than both of my maximas. Turn off the traction control button and you have 240 horses teamed with a skyline suspension. Lots of fun. It's the maxima engine in a lighter car with a better suspension. I can take rotarys at 50 without sliding and barely starting to squeal. It also has surprisingly good mileage for a beefy car thanks to the variable timing. I get 27 mpg on the highway at an average speed of 75 to 80. On the Auto trans model 75mph is only 2500rpm. That's not even half way to the 6600 redline. No need to settle for the four cylinder. I really like the body design. It looks slick and new even though it's 7 years old. The paint job is also high quality. Not one paint chip after 7 New England winters. I have the tannish-goldish color which is great if you're lazy like me. I hardly ever wash it because it doesn't show the dirt. An occasional rainstorm is usually enough. The interior is roomy and comfortable. The trunk is way bigger than you would expect. I can fit my kids BMX bike in there without even moving the seats. I can fit my Cannondale road bike in there if I do move the seats. I drive this car hard and I've only had one problem. Mass Airflow sensor died and cost me $750 at the dealer. I figure that's a fluke. I never even had to get it aligned. I'm shocked at that because like I said I drive it hard and there's plenty of potholes around here. Driving Nissans for the past 10 years I've started to take reliability for granted. The best thing I like is that I have a fast car that doesn't look fast so the cops don't even notice you. The insurance is also quite a bit cheaper than the Maximas. Nice perk. Never had an accident but that's probably because I can out maneuver almost anything. Great brakes too. The Bose system is nice but a little piercing in the mids. Most normal people woulod never notice but I'm an audiophile so I'm picky. Most people will love the sound. The fact that I still haven't gotten around to installing my 2x12 800watt aluminum subs should tell you that the Bose sound system is pretty darned good."

Purchased

By on Friday, June 26, 2009

"I bought this car with high hopes that it would be of god quality and last for a while. It has lived up to both. This car is my families main work horse; we drive it everywhere. I have 99,000 miles on it and the only problem I've encountered was getting some bad gas which was remedied with some fuel treatment. Hands down, I got more than I would ever imagined from this vehicle."