2004 Nissan Altima

8.3

Based on 1293 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

The 3.5SE Rips!

By on Thursday, September 3, 2009

"Best car I've ever owned. I had two maximas before this, 97GXE and 2000SE. Both of them had a quieter cabin at highway speed than the Altima. That's why I gave only gave it a 4. Not a big deal to me but some people might care. Other than that it's very comfortable. The seats are great. I could drive this car forever. One pet peave is the stupid curved display on the heat/AC. It manages to reflect the sun at any possible angle so you can never read it. Duh! So you move your hand over it when you want to read it. No biggie. Performance is great! It's quicker and handles better than both of my maximas. Turn off the traction control button and you have 240 horses teamed with a skyline suspension. Lots of fun. It's the maxima engine in a lighter car with a better suspension. I can take rotarys at 50 without sliding and barely starting to squeal. It also has surprisingly good mileage for a beefy car thanks to the variable timing. I get 27 mpg on the highway at an average speed of 75 to 80. On the Auto trans model 75mph is only 2500rpm. That's not even half way to the 6600 redline. No need to settle for the four cylinder. I really like the body design. It looks slick and new even though it's 7 years old. The paint job is also high quality. Not one paint chip after 7 New England winters. I have the tannish-goldish color which is great if you're lazy like me. I hardly ever wash it because it doesn't show the dirt. An occasional rainstorm is usually enough. The interior is roomy and comfortable. The trunk is way bigger than you would expect. I can fit my kids BMX bike in there without even moving the seats. I can fit my Cannondale road bike in there if I do move the seats. I drive this car hard and I've only had one problem. Mass Airflow sensor died and cost me $750 at the dealer. I figure that's a fluke. I never even had to get it aligned. I'm shocked at that because like I said I drive it hard and there's plenty of potholes around here. Driving Nissans for the past 10 years I've started to take reliability for granted. The best thing I like is that I have a fast car that doesn't look fast so the cops don't even notice you. The insurance is also quite a bit cheaper than the Maximas. Nice perk. Never had an accident but that's probably because I can out maneuver almost anything. Great brakes too. The Bose system is nice but a little piercing in the mids. Most normal people woulod never notice but I'm an audiophile so I'm picky. Most people will love the sound. The fact that I still haven't gotten around to installing my 2x12 800watt aluminum subs should tell you that the Bose sound system is pretty darned good."

Purchased

By on Friday, June 26, 2009

"I bought this car with high hopes that it would be of god quality and last for a while. It has lived up to both. This car is my families main work horse; we drive it everywhere. I have 99,000 miles on it and the only problem I've encountered was getting some bad gas which was remedied with some fuel treatment. Hands down, I got more than I would ever imagined from this vehicle."

By on Tuesday, October 14, 2008

"At 95000 thousand miles I had to replace the gas pump, the catalytic conveter, the bar links, the alternator. The service engine light came on and the mechanic said, it is something that hadto be done by the dealer. I took the car to the dealer to set the idle speed and they said that the car had a vacuum leak and the solenoid had to be replaced. I had to pay $200 bucks for that.I won't buy a nissan anymore, I am done with nissan. I forgot to tell that I had to replace two motor mounts, the water pump and the thermostat."

Very nice sports sedan

By on Tuesday, October 2, 2007

"I bought the car in June 2005. I paid $21500 for a 2005 3.5SE brand new in MA. I have 44K miles on the car. I have replace 2 tires on the car at 40k. The other two should be good for another 10k. The car is very powerful. The only thing I have to complain about are that the fron and passenger seats are not comfortable. maybe if they were leather they wouldbe better. Currently, my driver's side seat squicks a little bit for some reason. I have only done oil changes. I have been seeing 23 mpg in the city and 27-29 mpg on highway. I have 26.5 mpg with 60% highway and 40% city driving. This car has actually been better on gas then some 4-cycle cars I have driven. I have noticed that premium fuel has given me better performance and better gas mileage. i reccomend people using premium. It will make the engine happier and in the long run in prevents mainentance costs."

everyone should own one

By on Sunday, July 22, 2007

"i have had 3 nissan car in the last 20 years..they are the best qualtiy cars you can get for them money ..the first one had 300,000 miles on it when i traded it in..the other two i still have one has 200,000 miles on it and the only 38,000 so you figure the new one will last me another 15 years..great cars..wouldn't buy anything else"

2006 SE-R 6 Speed

By on Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Pros: "Great value for the money"

Cons: "Clutch sinks on hot day bumper to bumper traffic"

"Had the car for 10 years, never had a single issue, just do your regular maintenance on it and drive it. Very comfortable too for being a sport trim."

I got excellent service from my Altima

By on Thursday, January 29, 2015

Pros: "wonderful to drive"

"Performance was awesome. Loved my car!"

Great Sports Car

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "Fast. Fun to Drive, Affordable, Roomy Interior"

Cons: "Noisy and stiff ride, prone to tire/wheel problems"

"Purchased the car used with approx. 60k miles and it currently has 125k and i have owned the car for 5 years. As a lover of sports cars i have really enjoyed owning this vehicle. Has great acceleration and is still a practical car. Car isn't the best in snow, but for a sports car its not too bad. Not the best mpg and the ride is a little stiff and noisy and when you hit bumps it really resonates in the car. Sometimes hitting bumps will give a sound of rattling plastic that seems kind of cheap. Low profile tires are also vulnerable to flats and dented rims which I've had a problem with here in NJ. The problems I've had with the car are minor and have never needed any expensive repairs throughout ownership compared to my last car, '98 Audi A4, which required maintenance pretty frequently always costing at least 1,000 and often more. All in all, the Altima SE-R has been good to me and I would definitely purchase it again and recommend it to others."

Except for exterior paint, good car.

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pros: "Good trunk storage & sound system."

Cons: "Center console difficult to clean..."

"Exterior paint has pitted on the front of the car. I paid extra for Armour guard, and I do not tailgate, so this is an annoying disappointment every time I look at the car. Other than that, I still enjoy the comfort, design & reliability of the Altima."

Excellent car

By on Thursday, January 2, 2014

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Crank shaft"

"I bought my 2005 altima brand new, the only problem I had was the crank shaft other than that the car has great mpg, love the space, and very reliable"