2002 Nissan Altima

8.3

Based on 1291 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

Worst Nissan I've ever owned

By on Tuesday, March 15, 2011

"I bought this car used at about 80,000 thinking it would go for over 200k miles because my last one did. At 131k miles the engine is pretty much dead and likely has a cracked ring. My mechanic also sees a small crack in the cylinder wall that he says he's never seen the likes of and may be a casting problem. This car has a very cheap interior and many of the plastic parts have broken or scratched easily. I trusted the Nissan brand when I bought this thing but is has burned 2 qts of oil every 3,000 miles since I got it. Very bad engine. Glad I was able to drive it long enough to pay it off at least. Bad car!"

lemon

By on Thursday, January 21, 2010

"all nissan altimas in this year range have problems once they hit the 100 thousand mile range.....the engine, head gaskets, and pre-cat keep messing up due to a malfunction that there was a recall too....however the recall did not fix the underlying problem and even after getting a new catlyac converter the same problems happens again and it eventually causes damage to the engine...its jut a revolving problem....the worst car i've ever owned...i'll stick to driving camrys at least they are predicatble and reliable!!!!"

Very dependable and good gas mileage

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage great"

Cons: "no air vents in the backseat a must in Texas."

"This was one of the best cars I have owned. It is roomy inside, handles well and gets good gas mileage. The only down side was the air vents were always blowing in my face and the back seat didn't have air vents. Otherwise this is a great car."

the best car i have had yet!

By on Sunday, July 14, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive!!!!"

Cons: "doesnt have an mp3 plug"

"i love my leather seats, also the seats are almost the size of chairs very comfortable!! the sunroof is cool. and it has a bose system and a 5 dise cd player, the truck has an awesome amount of space. it is a great car to travel in< the gas mileage is great, i can go 350 miles on a full tank of gas!But i would have to say my favorite thing about my car would have to be the engine. it runs so smooth, and you will never be the last person to get anywere. this car is ready to go!!!"

AWESOME BUY BUY BUY BUY

By on Thursday, July 11, 2013

Pros: "POWERFUL NO ISSUES BEAUTIFUL FRONT INTERIOR"

Cons: "NONE"

"This car gives the only finest quality of transportation to be seen on this road. It is very reliable, safe, and has never had a major repair unless i got my back bumper knocked off. When the Nissan company recalled the Altima. It was one of the only cars that didn't get recalled."