1998 Nissan Altima

Based on 495 Ratings for the 1998 - 2001 models.

Great value for money

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, gas saver, great overall value for $."

Cons: "Interior and exterior design could be better."

My altima GLE (the work horse)

"This is a straight forward kinda car, how you treat it is how it'll treat you in return. I've had mine for seven years now and it has NEVER! NOT ONCE left me stranded. Super reliable, Super solid, it's looks won't get you noticed but with its lack of problems you won't care. Look at it like this... Less money spent fixing it leaves more money in YOUR pocket for other things. Two thumbs way up for this little car."

My altima GLE (the work horse)

I drive this vehicle 100 miles daily.

By on Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pros: "very reliable car"

Cons: "seats are to low for taller drivers"

"This vehicle currently has 177,000 miles and still running excellent. Everything is still stock / original and works including the cold a/c. I will continue to drive it until the engine will not work anymore. i would love to buy a 2013 altima and keep it as long as my 1999 Altima."

BEST CAR EVER

By on Monday, December 12, 2011

Pros: "Peppy, RELIABLE, comfortable, great handling"

Cons: "Back a bit high-if short, backing may be difficult"

"Although it's now considered an older car, you'd never know it! It's been extremely good value for the money, hasn't needed any repairs--only routine maintenance, and is still cute/looks great!! It's also only a 4-cyl engine, but again, you would never know it! This car is very "peppy" and responsive and handles very, very nicely. Even my parents, who both drive luxury cars (Mercedes and BMWs) are impressed by my car whenever they drive it. If you're looking for a cute, reliable, easy-to-care for car--look no further! Seriously!"

Never been better

By on Sunday, December 4, 2011

"I have had this car for 10 years. I have lived in her, taken her everywhere,and always relied on her. there has never been a question in my mind whether I would make it somewhere or not. This is the most dependable car! I am at 275000 Miles now and only this year starting to have to replace something like a oxygen sensor. This is a great car for your money and will last your forever."

Amazing car

By on Saturday, November 26, 2011

Pros: "Fast, easy to drive, steers great, lots of space"

Cons: "Minor annoying issues"

"The car runs great, the problems that is does have are usually minor. Mine only has 135,000 miles on it. I bought it used and replaced the radiator because it cracked. That was the only serious issue I've had. The other issues I have had include the windows (the motor getting stuck), the air conditioner went out and I am waiting to replace the compressor, the O2 sensors are having an issue, and I have had issues with the security system. All issues are simply annoyances and have nothing to do with the operation of the vehicle. It's SO fast and picks up speed really nicely. I definitely do not regret this investment. It's beautiful and I love it!"

Great car

By on Monday, October 31, 2011

Pros: "very reliable and fun to drive"

"Have only had to replace the alternator after 132,000 miles. Good fuel mileage, never had to service the A/C! Still runs great. No regrets buying this car."

love this car!

By on Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Pros: "easy to get around in and quick handling"

Cons: "locks stopped working a while back. 2 of the 4 doors need to be locked manually now."

"Even with 205,000 miles on it, this car has been very reliable. It drives very smoothly and is even great in the snow, for a small car. I would recommend this car to younger drivers especially because of the reliability and excessive wear and tear you can put on this car. Not the fastest car out there, but it gets you where you need to go, of course with minor part replacements here and there."

Best Car Ever!

By on Friday, July 10, 2009

"I have owned my 98 Altima for 11 years now and I have nothing but good things to say about it. I have 142,000 miles on it and I have never had any problems. I am about to buy a new car and I am really sad to see this car go."

Awesome Car

By on Saturday, May 30, 2009

"I've had no trouble at all with my 1999 Nissan Altima GXE, other than replacing my brake pads. The seats are perfect for your back. It's roomy and trouble free. It's just a really awesome non-luxury car. It's the best car I have ever owned. The trunk is big. Inside it heats up and cools down pretty fast. The back seats fold down so you can load long extended items in the trunk. The engine is not loud. Well, the speakers in the back window are really lousy though on mine unless the original owner had asked to install the premium sound as one of the options."

great vehicle

By on Saturday, February 28, 2009

"excellent quality, runs great, never any problems. I've had the car for a year, all I've done is change the oil, oil filter, and my air filter. the car drives like a champ, atleast 25 miles per gallon. This altima handles well even at high rate of speed."