1998 Nissan Altima

Based on 495 Ratings for the 1998 - 2001 models.

The Best Car

By on Friday, August 7, 2009

"This has been the best car I have ever owned and I'm 68 years young. I have spent so little in repairs over the years. I have owned this car from day one..I hate to give it up, but time for something new."

economical performance

By on Monday, March 30, 2009

"I have put over 130,000 miles on this car at highway speeds and in congested traffic, with the standard 5 speed transmission you have full control of the vehicles performance. I pass when I am ready to pass and I slow down when I am ready to. never have to replace brakes, still in good condition becouse I rarely have to use them. I am impressed with the performance of this 4 cylinder and 5 speed combination. good gas millage and roomy for this 4 door sedan. dash is set up good, it's like having a sports car and family car all in one package."

LOVE MY ALTIMA

By on Wednesday, August 6, 2008

"I love my altima. It handles wonderfully. I love the manual transmisson when I want to get up and go. My children spend a lot of time in the backseat,and are very comfortable. We do several major road trips a year, and i drove it 19 hours straight this summer with no problems. I bought this car with 17,000 miles, and never had any problems until about two years ago(140,000 miles), when I began putting a lot of maitenience repairs into it. At 165,000 it needs a new transmission, so I am going to buy a new altima. This car has ben rode hard, and put away wet, and has always been there for me. Average about 28mpg. Goodbye, I will miss you!"

First 5 years ok, down hill from there

By on Thursday, January 3, 2008

"first year, all four window motors went bad one by one, at least under warranty. a couple years after that the 6-disc in dash cd-changer died for no apparent reason, and judging by the number of dead clarion in dash cd changers from nissans on ebay must be a common thing. At just before the 140,000 miles, the struts and air conditioner had to be replaced. Overall i guess it averages out ok, no major repairs before then so maybe just get rid of when you hit 125,000 or so and you'll be ok :)"

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2007

"I have owned this car since it was new and it has been great. I've changed the oil regularly and it has been completely trouble free with no visits to the shop for repairs in six years."