1995 Nissan Altima

8.3

Based on 224 Ratings for the 1993 - 1997 models.

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Solid & Reliable

By on Sunday, March 9, 2008

"Bought a 97 in 2002 w/ 67k miles. Have had to do minimal repair/maintenance. The car just goes and goes. Gas mileage is over 30 mpg on highway and low 20's in the city. I would def buy another Nissan."

good car for saving gas

By on Monday, January 14, 2008

"this is a good car for work and save gas and to get around the city its not a bad first car for the first time buyer i will buy onter one if i had to its just a good car for the city and a car just to get where you have to..."

As always, Nissan is the Groundbreaker

By on Thursday, January 10, 2008

"They have come a long way since this car, but at the time, this was the most powerful and stylish car in its class. While other cards like the 626 and the camry were all gutless and cheap as far as interior went, the Altima started their groundbreaking here. Anyway, off the soapbox... I bought this car in 98 used. A year and a half later, I had my first problem, in short the air-conditioner wouldn't ground. It was very expensive to fix so I went without for 4 years. In that time I changed my rotor probably every 6 months, later I found that because this car was marked as a car that wears the rotors quickly that the technicians were banking on it, the rotors don't wear out as fast as this, and the techs can machine out most hotspots if taken in on schedule. Now my car has over 160k miles on it, the air conditioner works great, the engine is smooth for a 4 banger, it doesn't leak oil, I can take it across state without worries, it passes smog every time with flying colors, and its a cheap vehicle with a little bit of class and style. I believe my car has another 70k on it without too many problems. I believe that many of the problems this car had in the begining had to do with its previous owner."

More problems than expected

By on Sunday, January 6, 2008

"Buying an Altima at 48,000 miles i expected virtually no mechanical problems. I've had to replace the entire exhaust within the past 2 years as it rusted through piece by piece. Recently had to replace the distributor, then the alternator. Fuel leak = had to replace the filler neck. Had to replace CV boots (front). Performs well for an old 4-cyl. I expected more reliability from this car."