2012 Nissan 370Z

9.4

Based on 107 Ratings for the 2009 - 2017 models.

9.7/10

Nissan 370Z

By on Thursday, November 26, 2009

"I have had this awesome machine for less than 6 months and have already driven over 9000 miles, most of it on the twisty, mountainous roads of Pennsylvania. It is the silver touring model with a 6 speed transmission and navigation and it draws looks wherever I go. Many have had appreciative comments on it's styling and then asked what kind of car is it? I guess they are kind of rare in this area since this seems to be the only one in this city of 10,000 or so. I look forward to driving it , weather permitting, since it handles like no other car I have ever driven, accelerates like a rocket, corners like on rails with no leaning and is as solid as a block of stone. I have are several other vehicles in my garages, including the new Hyundia Genesis, but that is another story. This certainly is no family car but you gotta drive one to appreciate something really different. Can't be beat for the price!"

This is a great car.

By on Saturday, April 28, 2012

Pros: "Quality, Looks, Power"

Cons: "Engine Oil Temperature, Terrible Visibility"

"I bought the 2010 Touring model in 2011, have had it exactly a year and put on 8,000 miles. The car has looks, power, and quality. Really, it is a terrific piece of engineering. It does have some downsides, though, and that's what I think potential buyers are interested in. 1) The engine oil runs HOT. I'm going to add an oil cooler (something Nissan should have done). I intend to own this care for at least 10 years and having engine oil run at 180 to 190 degrees, not 220 (or more) is important. 2) It has terrible, and I mean really terrible visibility. Pulling out of a parking spot is just plain nerve racking. 3) The voice recognition on the blue tooth is clunky and bothersome. I have hundreds of contacts and while the hands free dialing on the phone works great, the in-dash unit doesn't. However, it does connect easily and sounds good when doing manual dialing and answering. 4) The road noise is mostly from the tires and when they wear out I will definitely not replace them with the originals. Otherwise, this car is a blast to drive, great to look at, and so fast that I generally put it on cruise control in the city so I don't get a ticket."

better than G37 coupe

By on Tuesday, December 15, 2009

"Have had this car for about 4 weeks - Silver with 7 sp auto. It draws so much attention everywhere I go - went to Starbucks and people starred at it for a while. Looks better than Porsche 911 or Vette. More power than anybody ever needs out there. Quality is awesome in and out. Very noise and sort of rough ride, but that's what sport car is all about. Typical high quality and powered japanese (by the way, this car is manufactured and shipped from Japan) sport car!!"

I love this car

By on Sunday, August 7, 2016

Pros: "a blast to drive"

Cons: "too much road noise"

"I researched every possible car before my purchase of my 2016 Nissan 370Z about six months ago. I wanted a car that was fun to drive while being comfortable enough to use daily. This car is amazing at both. It is a blast to drive and has returned an average of 25+ MPG since I have owned it. I get looks and compliments everywhere I go. I am not an attention-craving, street racing, fast-and-furious teenager but it is nice for people to appreciate my car. I must also commend Nissan on the build quality of this 370Z. It is as solid as a rock with no squeaks or rattles of any kind. I cannot say enough about this car's engine or handling characteristics. Its a rocket in a straight line and corners like a dream. One cannot talk about how great this car is without also discussing its weaknesses. I am 35 and have owned and driven quite a few manual cars. This car is BY FAR the most difficult car to operate smoothly (especially in slow traffic). The clutch is like an on-off switch and, at times, almost impossible to modulate with any delicacy. The car lurches and bucks with quite some violence on starts and while changing up though the gears if you drive it like a normal manual car. There are supposed after-market solutions to this problem but I think that issue should have been resolved by Nissan. 2)There is quite a lot of road noise in the cabin. 3)Obviously one doesn't purchase this car for its storage/hauling potential but it would be nice to fit two suitcases in the back without clearance issues from the trunk lid. 4)I live in Florida and on hot summer days the car is a bit down on power compared to how it reacts in cool weather. I will note that this car has overcome the oil overheating issues that plagued previous models. I have been in stop-and-go traffic in Jacksonville, FL on 100+ days with absolutely no issue. I hope you gain some information from reading my post. If you are considering buying a sporty or sports car you would be doing yourself a disservice if you did not at least take one of these for a test drive. I would have missed this gem had I not done that very same thing. From the first time I sat in this car I felt like a fighter pilot. I get that feeling each time I get in it. Are there cars faster in a straight line for about the same money? Yes. Are there cars that handle better than this? Probably. Just drive this car and decide if any other car in the price range does as well overall."

Buy it if you love the Z Line period

By on Thursday, March 21, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Frightening your passenger sometimes"

The day I brought it home. Raining...:)

"It's like this, you can't possibly tell a Lamborghini or Porsche owner that another car is better simply because they know in their minds it's for them and the best car out there. (Ok, we'll include the BMW and Mercedes owners, too) Just like the Z line of cars from Nissan. You have a history to enjoy if you truly follow your car purchase like I do. I'm convinced that certain cars are top of the line even if you like the Infiniti line. You would never buy an Infiniti if you love the Z car and visa-versa with the Infiniti. You have to love it...that's it and without question. Reviewing the Z I bought, it was a touring edition (the very best way to enjoy this car is touring) and most people shy away from the price or do not have enough credit to even come close to getting one. So, for the Touring you will get very close or over $60k as a final price for purchase. That's right, PURCHASE. It makes a point that I love the car so much that I bought instead of leasing (yes you can lease it). But it is sooo well worth it. This car handles like a dream even though it's rear wheel but you better be a very good driver to make this car perform at a high rate of speed and this car can take off on just about every car out there and some with higher hp because it's quicker and lighter and has a little thing called Rev Match (only in auto mode shifting with Touring). As most of us weave through traffic like they are standing still (no way you can do that in a Vette) you will get good and bad looks. I always engcourage my fellow Z owners th drive with the headlights on because it looks soo sweet and when people see you coming they tend to get out of the way. You will probably get a few speeding tickets but there's nothing like driving this car just the way it is. I mean no modifications have been done on my Z at all. I just plan to tint the windows. When you start to drive on the highway, I suggest no music and just listen to the car. It sounds wonderful. And the acceleration control that you have will definitely get you in the mood. an enthusiasts dream!! I'm definitely keeping my Z, and I followed the Skyline editions too and I plan to buy a GTR in 2014. I'm an official Z Car owner and it's the best, ever. A TRUE NISSAN FAN!!!"

The day I brought it home. Raining...:)

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Nissan 370Z near Honolulu. See local deals