2008 Nissan 350Z

Based on 561 Ratings for the 2003 - 2009 models.

The rebirth of an icon! A true budgeted sports car

By on Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pros: "Exceptional stress reliever, demands attention"

Cons: "That they were able to build it better... later"

"Had numerous automobiles specifically on the modded side. This car straight from the dealer in 2003 set a standard that could not be equalled by competitors... Yes I'm bias now that I own 3 of them them now. Starting from the exterior the body lines flowed effortlessly and it was noticed at speeds of 154mph. The aerodynamics of the Z took on another persona driving at those speeds. Taking you into the Z's seating interior, not a fan of leather in true sports cars (each their own) the bolsters felt like a Christmas time hug from your grandmother. The steering wheels ,clusters throughout the interior just felt like you were being welcomed and that it had been missing you since 1996 (last date of production of Z car for the U.S. Exit out of the interior and behold the VQ35 motor and its luster under the hood. What a great platform to build from for JDM automakers. The limits and mods are endless for this car. Suspension in its stock setting is more that enough for A.J. (average Joe) but for a tuner it needed an upgrade to handle the aggressive driving style that I boast on road courses. Stock brakes for stock driving, I needed more and wanted more that what Nissan found in brembo ,so I opted out on the brembo and got 4 piston wilwood all the way around pressing on vented slotted and vaned 14" free floating rotors. And of course coil overs sway bars and lightweight staggered wheels to complete the overall "show and go" theory. The car is a WIN and should be noted by its devout following . I've had my first Z since Memorial Day 2003 and each memorial day I take her by the dealership in all her glory. Z car not just a car ...it's an experience."

3 Years Down

By on Monday, August 20, 2007

"After 3 years of owning this vehicle it has still left me problem free. Only thing changed on the car due to maintenance were Belts, Oil, tires, and windsheild wipers. Other than that, it hasn't missed a beat. Daily Driven and frequently modded, this car is top knotch all around. Good gas mileage comparing to performance, with a sleak interior design. Wider rim/tire package to improve handling along with a handful of breathing mods to support some HP gain. Downfall is, the 350z doesn't repsond well to NON forced induction applications, meaning, if you dont go supercharger or turbo charger then you will run into spending more than your recieving performance wise. Big issue for people who like to trick out their rides. Over and above, good car, not quite fast enough for lets say STI or EVO enthusiast, but will handle anything in it's way beside that. Not necessarly a V8 stomper, but can hang with most all of them."

By on Wednesday, July 18, 2007

"Good handling sports car with above-average interior and exterior looks. I have been driving the track model for about 3 years. Received several good comments on the look of the brembo brakes and track wheels. Good stock exhaust sound and plenty of power. Cloth seats are not very comfortable to me and tend to fray easily. Manufacturer problem with wheel alignment causes front tires to rumble loudly at around 30 mph (particularly noticable when coasting to a stop) and excessively wear on insides. Manufacturer fix did not resolve issue at least for my car. Driver-side window switch went out but repaired under warrantee. No further problems otherwise. It is still an enjoyable car to drive."

No more Z for me.

By on Saturday, March 6, 2010

"I recently got rid of my '04 Z Touring Roadster , bought new in '04, because of recurring poor quality issues. The worst being the inexcusable convertible top in a car that cost over 38K. It was coming apart at the seams and developed a hole from the stretcher bars after only 12K miles of summer only driving. It is a very thin, poor quality vinyl. Naturally ,it started after the 4 year warranty ran out and the dealer said that there was no service bulletin for it so they wouldn't repair/replace it. They did, however, have to replace the Bose CD player twice ,in warranty,because they are junk. The OEM Bridgestone tires are also horrible, DO NOT replace with them. They were bald in 10K miles and very noisy after only a few thousand miles. The interior materials are also cheap for a car in this price-range. The paint on the plastic bumper covers is very susceptible to dings and scratches. The 3.5 V-6 is very quick, but coarse sounding, and vibrates at idle. I also found the seat uncomfortable during long drives, with no lumbar adjustment, another cost cut. The lack of a true glovebox is ridiculous. This was my third ,and probably last Z car. My 1990 300ZX was a better car with better materials, and a beautifully sculpted body. I should have kept it. Nissan has addressed many of these issues in the new 370Z, but the price is now too close to Boxster territory and that car is in a different league in both quality and engineering, as well as re-sale value."

A Great Buy

By on Wednesday, December 9, 2009

"I've owned my 350Z for two years now and still get excited when I get behind the wheel! It has been my favorite car I've ever owned, hands down. Pros: * Styling (it'll turn heads; I've received many compliments) * Peformance (very quick; handles curves beautifully; fun to drive) * Reliability (45k miles so far - the only maintenance I've had done were new brake pads at 43k) * Value (priced in-line with or cheaper than most performance sports cars; plus I've gotten a lot more attention driving my 350Z than I did my Camaro!) Cons: * Not built for snow, at all * Requires premium fuel"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Nissan 350Z near Honolulu. See local deals