1997 Nissan 200SX

Based on 135 Ratings for the 1995 - 1998 models.

1998 200SX-SE

By on Saturday, October 27, 2012

Pros: "MPG, repairs, fun, size, FWD, longevity."

Cons: "replacement tail lights one year 1998."

"My 200 had the paint burned off it when I got it in St.Petersburg, Fl. The headliner and visor's are rotted. I let it set for over 7 years (in the HOOD) after I got it and the hatch was pried open and spare stole water let in for a year.After sitting I got into it put two tires on it,put a can of seafoam in the tank and drove it to Denver. It needs a charge on the air and the cruise does not work. I replaced a CV and the right hub and wheel bearing. I consistently get MPG in the high 30's. I also have a 240 SX and my wife drives a Maxima. I wish Nissan would offer the SR 16 over the GA 16 in this model. This is a simple car and very lite, not much to brake. Has comfortable seats and with GOOD tires (Continental, Pirelli, or Michelin) and good shocks, rides well. I will never sell this car as it is my idea of a hybrid. I would say that many driver's do not like you going around them in a old car that is paid for and gets 2 to 3 times the MPG of their new car! I will say that if you want to know the true value of a car see what other people, in other countries think of this manufacturer and like models."

Dependable

By on Sunday, June 28, 2009

"I have owned my 200sx se for 12 years now and I am amazed at how reliable it has been.No major problems and great gas milage. I highly recommend this auto (if you can still find it ) Cquinn"

I LoVe NiSSaN

By on Wednesday, June 4, 2008

"This car gets GREAT gas mileage 30city/40hwy. I love the reliability in it, i've never changed anything in it besides the clutch and battery. I LOVE THIS CAR, the only thing is that I would probably like a little more power, and it's not particularly comfortable, but it's not horrible at all, it's just like a regular car. Style isn't like a 240sx, but hey, it's still flyyy..."

By on Friday, September 21, 2007

"I love this car. It gets over 40mpg and has had almost no issues after putting 226,000 miles on it."

Good Little Work Car

By on Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Reason: Timing chain was going bad.

Pros: "Good gas mileage"

Cons: "Limited space inside, poor interior design"

"I just want to be very brief here. There is nothing special about this car. Very plain and simple inside and out. Great gas mileage, very reliable. I owned the car as a work car for 17 months in that time the starter went out, the windshield wiper linkage bushings wore out, and the exhaust pipe rusted in two. These were all very easy and cheap fixes, but it seems that these cars are prone to these small problems like this. The wiper linkage was actually a recall on this car, but I just fixed it myself. Overall the little car has been very dependable as I put 56,000 hard miles on it with only regular maintenance and the things I listed above. However, I traded it in today because the timing chain needed to be replaced and I didn't want to put any more into it. If you want a cheap daily beater I would recommend it as long as no one plans on riding in the back because there is no room back there."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Nissan 200SX near Honolulu. See local deals