2009 Mitsubishi Raider Extended Cab

8.2

Based on 120 Ratings for the 2006 - 2009 models.

Good Truck, Great Value

By on Sunday, October 25, 2009

"I picked up my 06 Raider Ext Cab V8 in Nov of 06. Traded in a 01 Nissan Frontier "Desert Runner" for it. I was looking for a newer truck with the power to tow my Talon to and from the racetrack, but didn't want a full size truck. The Raider fits the bill nicely. V8 power in a very attractive looking mid sized truck. I've had the truck for just about three years now and it has performed quite well. My only real gripes are relatively minor: The gas mileage could be better. The most I've gotten is 18 mpg on long trips, and I usually get around 16 or so combined city/highway. The model I bought was a dealer demo model, so it was equipped with the optional 10 in Alpine Soundbox sub, which is mounted between the 2 jump seats in the rea of the cab. The subwoofer really gets in the way of passengers riding in the rear, and makes it difficult to store large items behind the seats. OTOH, the sub does a VERY nice job of transmitting sound. he stereo in this thing will make your ears bleed. The glove box is also very small,although the large center console between the bucket seats makes up for that. The extended cab bed only has two tiedown hooks at the rear of the bed, which doesn't really make sense, since the smaller double cab bed has four. The truck is a bit of a handful in the rain because of the torque from the engine and lightly loaded rear end. Other than that I have no real issues with it. I've used it to tow vehicles, pulled trailers, taken it on long road trips and other than a visit to the dealer ship for a 30k mile service, it's been very reliable. Since I got mine as a dealer demo with 2K miles on it, it was discounted about 7K off it's sticker price. Like a I said, a very good value and a solid truck."

2 Year Owner, Impressed

By on Friday, January 14, 2011

"Truck is a Dodge Dakota with a face lift and a few Mitsubishi styling touches on the inside. I have a 2007 SE Double Cab loaded with the 4.7 V8. Mitsubishi's top motor and trim is a step below the Dakota, because Chrysler wanted to keep this truck below the Dakota over all. My V8 is not the high output. version, but the 235 horsepower one. I can't outrun a Tacoma or a Frontier with their V6's but I can pull a heavier trailer. This has the frame of the Dodge Ram 1500 cut down, so it is very stout and pulls my small trailer easily. Good breaks when pulling, and acceleration and cruising the motor is more then strong enough. Fuel Economy for me has always been around 15 MPG mostly city driving. This sounds awful, but my 4 cylinder car got only 18 to 20 and the V8 F.150 I had only hit 9 MPG on a good week. So I have crummy mileage with any vehicle and for what this is it is surprisingly good. Comfort, the cab is surprisingly narrow on the inside. My leg is up against the door panel because they really tried to give as much shoulder room as possible. Has basic truck interior but seems pretty well put together... Watch out for the center storage bin in the front seats, the latch is all Chrysler and breaks locking your lid down. The Mechanics repairing it guess my vehicle immediately at the lot when I said what was wrong, so this is a issue. On a personal note, this is the 5th pickup truck I have bought. Out of all of them, chevys, fords, dodges, this is my favorite one so far and I would trade in again for another. The turning circle on this truck is unbelievable, it can turn around in less room then my 2004 Mustang V6 could which is astonishing! As long as you remember you have around 18 feet of steel, parking lot maneuvers are usually a 1 time attempt."

constant problems

By on Monday, February 15, 2010

"ever since i bought my truck in 2007 it's had one problem after another, brakes, moulding, 4 wheel drive. I'm so sorry I bought this vehicle, it really is a piece of junk"

Power verses Fuel mileage

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2007

"The reason for my dissatisfaction is due to the power of the vehicle verses the fuel mileage it gets. I purchased a 6 cyl thinking I may have to give a little on power but would gain that in mileage. That is not true. The truck has absolutely no power and my fuel mileage is miserable."

Up Date

By on Wednesday, September 30, 2015

"Over 100,000 and still no problems. Bought it new and cheap, cheap, cheap. Fully expected it to fall apart by now due to the Mopar power train but not a unmentionable problem so far.."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mitsubishi Raider Extended Cab near Honolulu. See local deals