2017 Mitsubishi Outlander Consumer Reviews

2622 transactions
in the last 90 days
within the U.S.
Transaction Data

This meter represents a sample range of recent transaction prices for vehicles of the same year, make and model as the vehicle specified, but sometimes with a different style and/or equipment. Analyzed transaction prices exclude taxes, DMV fees, documentation fees, other dealership charges and any available rebates or incentives.

10/7.1

Based on 51 Ratings for the 2014 - 2017 models.

Love the Idea. Hate the Paint.

By on Saturday, August 19, 2017

Pros: "Good value. Great mileage. Nice AWD controls."

Cons: "Terrible, flawed factory paint application."

we have 10 pix and will find a place to share.

"OK. This is my second Mitsubishi. My first was a Montero when they used to be real trucks. Early 90s. The best. Bought this one after studying price / value / performance and test driving for my son (his first new car / first lease.). Ultimately, we both love the 2016 4WD Outlanders (his is brown, mine is white). Great mileage, fantastic inside rear storage, good-enough performance (adjustable by eco buttons, AWD options and locking mechanism, etc.). Also a bit unique in an Outback world. Hate to say there is a but. But there is a but. Both cars at 18000 miles have the worst paint chips of any vehicle I have ever owned. And my driving habits have not changed. Soft paint on the hood and pillars. I have owned Porches, Lexus, Jags, Saabs, Volvos and everything American. Have even take some cars to 100K. None had more paint chips when I sold them than our two cars do now. Not even close. I have had paint shops and new car dealers look at problem (non-Mitsu)and all suggest a flaw in application. Soft paint, not cured they say. I have sent pix to Mitsu (regional guy) and they simply say not covered by rocks, etc.). This isnt a rock problem. It is a paint problem. More to come. Google Mitsu paint and you will start to see increasing reports of this issue. Some folks have installed bras and guards on the hood (not as a cool accessory but as a need). If you buy this car, get a windcreen / guard. Our pix are not from one incident from behind a dump truck (believe me, I know not to follow). Our paint chips continue to appear everytime we drive our (want to love it so bad) Outlander but paint-sticking two new cars (56,000 worth of Mitsus) seems absurd. And Mitsubishis response was offensive at best (didnt give any credit to my knowledge of cars, getting opinions from other dealers, even my experience in paint-meters. A shame. Wanted to be a brand maven."

we have 10 pix and will find a place to share.

The third one I have owned

By on Monday, June 5, 2017

Pros: "Affordable price, space, comfort, smooth ride"

Cons: "Middle console storage sets back, hard to reach."

"I bought up north in 2010 the all wheel drive which made driving in heavy snow a breeze. Moved to Florida in 2013 and downsized to Sport model with great trade in value. Bought the 7 seater in 2016 while getting an oil change. Never in 7 years had a problem with either SUV. Five year bumper to bumper warranty is fantastic. Smooth quiet ride, good power, comfortable seats, and lots of cargo space. I will continue to buy the Outlander. Lowest priced SUV on the market."

In a (segment) class by itself in America

By on Saturday, July 16, 2016

Pros: "Amazing value and warranty, no direct competitor"

Cons: "No rear AC, DRL disabled, no auto lock, thirsty V6"

"It took me a year to decide to buy this car. I have the GT trim with v6. I waited so I could test drive the new cx-9. I'd already checked out the other 2 and 3 row crossovers. Pilot, crv, highlander, rav4, Sorrento, santa Fe, explorer, cx-5, etc. I tried a lot of cars. The outlander is 185" long. That's about 10" shorter than the Honda pilot. About 5" more than the crv. That puts it closer to the 2 row crossovers class than the 3 rows. So it's a compact that also offers a 3rd row. The only competitor in America is the Rogue, which doesn't come with a v6. The mazda5 is discontinued here. So you can't really compare it with the largest vehicles. It's not meant to be that. In asia you have many choices like the Honda stream and Toyota wish which are not sold here. The outlander is the perfect vehicle if you live in an old city like Philadelphia. Small streets, small garages and challenging parallel parking. My old Honda accord was slightly longer and didn't have a 3rd row. Now I even have a backup camera. No more accidentally bumping other vehicles. The 3rd row is for kids obviously. Do you live in a household that has 7 full size adults? If you do, then this car is not for you. But for families with 3-4 kids, this is great. Access to the 3rd row is a little tight but kids can easily get back there. I bought this because grandparents come to visit and it's great to have them and 2 kids in one car for dinner. I think the outlander gets bad reviews because reviewers are trying to fit this car into categories which it doesn't fit. On its own merit, the outlander has unrivalled value. The v6 is powerful enough. I haven't done a 0-60 but it merges into the highway much easier than my accord 4cyl. So it has to be below 8 secs 0-60. The ride is comfortable and handling is good. The steering is a little light. Not great for highway but perfect for city. The turning radius beats all 3 row vehicles. Then the nice stuff. Fosgate 700watt stereo with touchscreen, backup camera, auto dimming rear view mirror, power folding heated side mirror, wiper deicer, power tailgate, keyless entry, S-AWC, leather, flat folding seats, sunroof, etc. that's a lot of stuff you're getting for around $30,000. Plus the GT comes with a 6speed auto and not cvt. MPG on the highway is accurate at 27mpg but it's a bit brutal in the city. I get about 15mpg but my commute is only 3 miles of stop signs and traffic lights. So it is what it is. I'm happy to accept that. The daytime running lights are disabled for America. You can turn it on via ETACS. Don't know why Mitsubishi would disable a safety feature. The paint is also kinda thin. I'm going to get opticoat pro plus to preserve it. My GT came with remote start and I thought I'd never use it but we've had consecutive 95+ weather and it's been really awesome to have it. The range is pretty good too. Bottom line, if you live in a tight spaces and need to haul people, this is the vehicle for you. Comes with 10/100,000 power train warranty. 5/60,000 bumper to bumper. No I'm not a Mitsubishi salesperson. We are a Honda family, owned Crv, accord, civic, Integra. I made a leap of faith after considering every option on the market and I am happy I bought this car."

Gas Mileage : 32.72 - 445 Miles in 13.6 Gallons

By on Friday, July 1, 2016

Pros: "Good Mileage - Value for money"

Cons: "Last row not that comfortable for adults."

"Outlander ES : Got 32.72 gas mileage per gallon - 445 Miles in 13.6 Gallons on a long drive on ECO Mode ON And Cruise Control ON I own this Outlander ES for 18 months with 19000 miles on it."

Enjoying My Outlander

By on Thursday, March 6, 2014

Pros: "Good visibility, lot of bang for the buck"

"Looked at a couple of suv's. Went with the Outlander and have not regretted it for a minute. the CVT transmission is smooth, the engine (4cyl)has ample power and it is a joy to drive! Don't know what the big fuss is over the second row seat, it's really not that bad. Different but not necessarily bad. Getting about 28 mpg which is about what I expected. Recommend that anyone who is looking at a RAV4 or CRV check out the Outlander for thousands less. In this case, paying less does not mean that you get lower quality."