ZIP code

2017 Mitsubishi Outlander Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,759 - $23,770.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Valid for ZIP code 96801 through 07/27/2017

10/7.1

Based on 49 Ratings for the 2014 - 2017 models.

In a (segment) class by itself in America

By on Saturday, July 16, 2016

Pros: "Amazing value and warranty, no direct competitor"

Cons: "No rear AC, DRL disabled, no auto lock, thirsty V6"

"It took me a year to decide to buy this car. I have the GT trim with v6. I waited so I could test drive the new cx-9. I'd already checked out the other 2 and 3 row crossovers. Pilot, crv, highlander, rav4, Sorrento, santa Fe, explorer, cx-5, etc. I tried a lot of cars. The outlander is 185" long. That's about 10" shorter than the Honda pilot. About 5" more than the crv. That puts it closer to the 2 row crossovers class than the 3 rows. So it's a compact that also offers a 3rd row. The only competitor in America is the Rogue, which doesn't come with a v6. The mazda5 is discontinued here. So you can't really compare it with the largest vehicles. It's not meant to be that. In asia you have many choices like the Honda stream and Toyota wish which are not sold here. The outlander is the perfect vehicle if you live in an old city like Philadelphia. Small streets, small garages and challenging parallel parking. My old Honda accord was slightly longer and didn't have a 3rd row. Now I even have a backup camera. No more accidentally bumping other vehicles. The 3rd row is for kids obviously. Do you live in a household that has 7 full size adults? If you do, then this car is not for you. But for families with 3-4 kids, this is great. Access to the 3rd row is a little tight but kids can easily get back there. I bought this because grandparents come to visit and it's great to have them and 2 kids in one car for dinner. I think the outlander gets bad reviews because reviewers are trying to fit this car into categories which it doesn't fit. On its own merit, the outlander has unrivalled value. The v6 is powerful enough. I haven't done a 0-60 but it merges into the highway much easier than my accord 4cyl. So it has to be below 8 secs 0-60. The ride is comfortable and handling is good. The steering is a little light. Not great for highway but perfect for city. The turning radius beats all 3 row vehicles. Then the nice stuff. Fosgate 700watt stereo with touchscreen, backup camera, auto dimming rear view mirror, power folding heated side mirror, wiper deicer, power tailgate, keyless entry, S-AWC, leather, flat folding seats, sunroof, etc. that's a lot of stuff you're getting for around $30,000. Plus the GT comes with a 6speed auto and not cvt. MPG on the highway is accurate at 27mpg but it's a bit brutal in the city. I get about 15mpg but my commute is only 3 miles of stop signs and traffic lights. So it is what it is. I'm happy to accept that. The daytime running lights are disabled for America. You can turn it on via ETACS. Don't know why Mitsubishi would disable a safety feature. The paint is also kinda thin. I'm going to get opticoat pro plus to preserve it. My GT came with remote start and I thought I'd never use it but we've had consecutive 95+ weather and it's been really awesome to have it. The range is pretty good too. Bottom line, if you live in a tight spaces and need to haul people, this is the vehicle for you. Comes with 10/100,000 power train warranty. 5/60,000 bumper to bumper. No I'm not a Mitsubishi salesperson. We are a Honda family, owned Crv, accord, civic, Integra. I made a leap of faith after considering every option on the market and I am happy I bought this car."

Gas Mileage : 32.72 - 445 Miles in 13.6 Gallons

By on Friday, July 1, 2016

Pros: "Good Mileage - Value for money"

Cons: "Last row not that comfortable for adults."

"Outlander ES : Got 32.72 gas mileage per gallon - 445 Miles in 13.6 Gallons on a long drive on ECO Mode ON And Cruise Control ON I own this Outlander ES for 18 months with 19000 miles on it."

A wonderful car. Highly Reliable & upto the task.

By on Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Pros: "Features vs value, very smooth and quiet ride,"

Cons: "03rd Row only for Kids as adults cannot fit there"

My outlander (Cool Silver)

"I have owned a number of cars here in the middle east region like Honda civic, Mazda 6 (929 long ago), Nissan Altima, Toyota Corolla etc., but due to the nature of my work which involves going at remote areas or job sites that have rough terrain and sand in the way, I wanted to buy a car that has all wheel drive capability. Our company provides 4x4 vehicles like hilux or landcruisers for visiting the sites but I wanted to own a car that I can use not only for work but for family and is not heavy on my pocket. Hence I was shopping around and looking to buy a small cross over that is economical on fuel and also a bit off road capable.. infact can go through rough patches and sand without getting stuck so to say the least... and I looked at Rav4, CRV, X-trails that are also known as Rouge in USA and others.. also took test drive of them... but something that I liked about outlander that none of them had is the V6 engine power... this clicked to me. I took a decision and bought it back in Nov 2015 and now I am so happy on my decision.., it comes with a 6 speed transmission that has paddle shifters and it comes handy when going across hilly terrain, the power is good for going through sand...all needed is to deflate the air in the wheels to about 18 psi and your good to go. The 3rd row is perfect for my little folks at home.. and they enjoy back there on long or short journeys.. its a cross over hence the 3rd row is not roomy enough for adults so don't think placing one there.. :-) Other than this, the sound insulation has been greatly improved in this car that even when I drive at around 138km/hour the car is very quiet. Handling is good on and off and also in straight line and curves. The sound system is perfect for my taste as mitsubishi has done a great job with that Rockford Fosgate sound system. The only thing that I am surprised at is that the 04 cylinder engines comes with 06 airbags while the 06 cylinder engine has only front airbags here in UAE... this decision is very surprising for me. Overall, I would highly recommend this car to anyone who wishes to buy a good reliable car for their family hauling and want to enjoy a peppy engine and spend less from their pocket at the same time. Thumbs up !!"

My outlander (Cool Silver)

the experts don't know what there talking about!

By on Thursday, July 14, 2016

"Look I'm in my 50'S not 24, I don't need a SUV that does 0 to 60 in 5 sec. I want something that gets at least 27 mpg, reliable, comfortable and coast value. I've owned Mitsubishi products in the past and I have been happy with them. My Diamonta got bad reviews and it out lasted my friends newer Camry. I've owned this vehical for 5200 miles now I get on the average 30 mpg and it rides nice. the only problem I've found was paint chips on the hood because of the way the nose slopes. I put a bug guard on it ,that solved the problem."

Enjoying My Outlander

By on Thursday, March 6, 2014

Pros: "Good visibility, lot of bang for the buck"

"Looked at a couple of suv's. Went with the Outlander and have not regretted it for a minute. the CVT transmission is smooth, the engine (4cyl)has ample power and it is a joy to drive! Don't know what the big fuss is over the second row seat, it's really not that bad. Different but not necessarily bad. Getting about 28 mpg which is about what I expected. Recommend that anyone who is looking at a RAV4 or CRV check out the Outlander for thousands less. In this case, paying less does not mean that you get lower quality."