• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,827 - $22,432.

10/6.0

Based on 11 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

9.8/10
Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Bought brand new after trading in my '07 Outlander

By on Friday, May 16, 2014

"Lots of premium options for the price i got,comfort and cargo area is great when i fold down the 3 seating area.The leather heated seats are primo! Got all the bells & whistles for 22,000.Sticker price was listed at 31,000.Got a great trade in on my '07 Outlander.Gas milage is around 28mpg's or more.The moon roof opens pretty wide,navigation is a plus especially when i back up and it shows a wide angle so i don't hit anything.I'm pleased!"

Like so far

By on Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Pros: "Warranty, options"

Cons: "Too many electronics"

"I have only owned this for 2 months, 1250 miles. In the last 18 months have owned 2012 Camby, 2013 Escape, 2013 Rav4 & this Outlander. Loved my Escape, but lousy mpg (22). Believe or not but the Rav4 got the best mileage at 27.5, just praying Outlander does that or better, if so I would never trade it. The Rav4 cut out on me 3 times doing over 70, so I went with the OL. Love the warranty, love the highway drive and all the options. Just don't care for all the eletronics!! I like guages much better. Have gotten anywhere from 24 to 29 mpg, but this car is a keeper!!"

After snowy winter, all is good.

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

Pros: "Fuel mileage, Body Integrity, excellent A/C & Heat"

Cons: "Can not adjust Navigation functions when moving"

"Excellent in snow. First Outlander I owned that did not nick the sides from salt and cinder. Good on gas. 26 MPG country road driving. 28-30 highway. After 12K just normal maintenance needed."

Enjoying My Outlander

By on Thursday, March 06, 2014

Pros: "Good visibility, lot of bang for the buck"

"Looked at a couple of suv's. Went with the Outlander and have not regretted it for a minute. the CVT transmission is smooth, the engine (4cyl)has ample power and it is a joy to drive! Don't know what the big fuss is over the second row seat, it's really not that bad. Different but not necessarily bad. Getting about 28 mpg which is about what I expected. Recommend that anyone who is looking at a RAV4 or CRV check out the Outlander for thousands less. In this case, paying less does not mean that you get lower quality."

Great vehicle, would recommend

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Bad design in 2nd row folding (or lack of)"

"So my wife and I drove every midsized vehicle out there when shopping and it came down to this or the Kia Sorento. We chose the Outlander and we have been very happy with just a few cons. First the good. 1: Excellent mpg for class of vehicle. Averaging 25mpg mixed and on trips we have gotten 29-30mpg consistently. 2: Smooth quiet ride. Not a 10/10 but I was very impressed on how quiet rode and engine noise was. Also very smooth shifting with CVT transmission, barely know its shifting. 3: Good pep when not in ECO mode. I have found that in ECO mode you get a few mpg back but I don't like it when driving because there is a lag in acceleration, nice feature though. 4: Has been very reliable and absolutely no issues yet with performance and almost at 10k. 5: Amazing warranty options for vehicle 100k/10years power train standard and we paid $1200 more to bump bumper to bumper from 60k/5years to 100k/10years. 6: Really good 2nd row legroom, adults can easily fit compared to most vehicles we drove. 7: 3rd row is nice for convenience of hauling extra small kids (no adults though), also with 3rd row down trunk space is very spacious. 8: Love the dual air, makes for happy wife and me at same time, also dash and front layout is very clean and well done. 9: Nice to have rear view camera and HD radio (standard with SE) 10: Handles really well and love the feel of the vehicle on the road on trips, front seats are very comfortable for long trips. (We have done several already as we have only had vehicle for 7 months). 11: As someone else mentioned, I also do a lot of my own vehicle maintenance/work and the engine compartment and layout is impressive. The most roomy and spacious/well laid out that I have seen. Absolutely no complaints. 12: Have already driven in 3 snowstorms (6"-1foot snowfall) and I have been very impressed at handling (we only have 2WD), no complaints, haven't gotten stuck yet. The cons: (not many) 1: As someone else said, it is a shame that they didn't include better cargo space in car, and the trunk space in width is a little awkward for packing suitcases (can't fit 2 full sized suitcases side by side). If only it was 2-3" wider. 2: Don't mind the tire on underside myself because it would give more trunk space, yet they didn't give more trunk space.....high in the back. 3: Finally...the 2nd row seats don't fold down, they only fold forward and slide forward... so you do increase trunk space by like a foot or so but you have a really awkward 2nd row that is slid forward and not flat...very annoying and didn't notice it or was shown it at the dealer. Figured it out on first trip 1 month later. *FAIL* Overall, really really happy except #3 on cons. I would buy again and we love it overall. We have fit 5 adults and 2 kids in it very comfortably, but you don't have much trunk space at that point so would recommend roof rack for trips if you are going to drive full of passengers. Hope this helps! My personal opinion after the research I done is that it is the best in its class for mid $20k price range."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next