• 2014 Compact SUVs

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,622 - $22,585.

10/6.0

Based on 9 Ratings for the 2014 models.

9.8/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10

After snowy winter, all is good.

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

Pros: "Fuel mileage, Body Integrity, excellent A/C & Heat"

Cons: "Can not adjust Navigation functions when moving"

"Excellent in snow. First Outlander I owned that did not nick the sides from salt and cinder. Good on gas. 26 MPG country road driving. 28-30 highway. After 12K just normal maintenance needed."

Enjoying My Outlander

By on Thursday, March 06, 2014

Pros: "Good visibility, lot of bang for the buck"

"Looked at a couple of suv's. Went with the Outlander and have not regretted it for a minute. the CVT transmission is smooth, the engine (4cyl)has ample power and it is a joy to drive! Don't know what the big fuss is over the second row seat, it's really not that bad. Different but not necessarily bad. Getting about 28 mpg which is about what I expected. Recommend that anyone who is looking at a RAV4 or CRV check out the Outlander for thousands less. In this case, paying less does not mean that you get lower quality."

Great vehicle, would recommend

By on Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Bad design in 2nd row folding (or lack of)"

"So my wife and I drove every midsized vehicle out there when shopping and it came down to this or the Kia Sorento. We chose the Outlander and we have been very happy with just a few cons. First the good. 1: Excellent mpg for class of vehicle. Averaging 25mpg mixed and on trips we have gotten 29-30mpg consistently. 2: Smooth quiet ride. Not a 10/10 but I was very impressed on how quiet rode and engine noise was. Also very smooth shifting with CVT transmission, barely know its shifting. 3: Good pep when not in ECO mode. I have found that in ECO mode you get a few mpg back but I don't like it when driving because there is a lag in acceleration, nice feature though. 4: Has been very reliable and absolutely no issues yet with performance and almost at 10k. 5: Amazing warranty options for vehicle 100k/10years power train standard and we paid $1200 more to bump bumper to bumper from 60k/5years to 100k/10years. 6: Really good 2nd row legroom, adults can easily fit compared to most vehicles we drove. 7: 3rd row is nice for convenience of hauling extra small kids (no adults though), also with 3rd row down trunk space is very spacious. 8: Love the dual air, makes for happy wife and me at same time, also dash and front layout is very clean and well done. 9: Nice to have rear view camera and HD radio (standard with SE) 10: Handles really well and love the feel of the vehicle on the road on trips, front seats are very comfortable for long trips. (We have done several already as we have only had vehicle for 7 months). 11: As someone else mentioned, I also do a lot of my own vehicle maintenance/work and the engine compartment and layout is impressive. The most roomy and spacious/well laid out that I have seen. Absolutely no complaints. 12: Have already driven in 3 snowstorms (6"-1foot snowfall) and I have been very impressed at handling (we only have 2WD), no complaints, haven't gotten stuck yet. The cons: (not many) 1: As someone else said, it is a shame that they didn't include better cargo space in car, and the trunk space in width is a little awkward for packing suitcases (can't fit 2 full sized suitcases side by side). If only it was 2-3" wider. 2: Don't mind the tire on underside myself because it would give more trunk space, yet they didn't give more trunk space.....high in the back. 3: Finally...the 2nd row seats don't fold down, they only fold forward and slide forward... so you do increase trunk space by like a foot or so but you have a really awkward 2nd row that is slid forward and not flat...very annoying and didn't notice it or was shown it at the dealer. Figured it out on first trip 1 month later. *FAIL* Overall, really really happy except #3 on cons. I would buy again and we love it overall. We have fit 5 adults and 2 kids in it very comfortably, but you don't have much trunk space at that point so would recommend roof rack for trips if you are going to drive full of passengers. Hope this helps! My personal opinion after the research I done is that it is the best in its class for mid $20k price range."

As good as much more expensive cars

By on Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pros: "Fun, fuel efficient car, great for hauling"

Cons: "Seat folding complicated, premium recommended."

"This is a lot of car for very little money. Even base GT provides lots of bells and whistles usually found on much more expensive cars/expensive add on packages (backup camera, dual zone AC, rain sensing wipers, all wheel drive, paddle shifters, automatic high power headlights, and keyless entry and engine start). Most important, its fun to drive. High driving position, solid road feel, and unlike many others, virtually no blind spots, thanks to great window design and huge outside mirrors. It has a fantastic instrument panel, one of the clearest and most easily readable I've ever seen. Appearance and powertrain are clearly optimized for gas milage but results speak for themselves (much better than other V6 cars, esp. considering AWD, 23 mixed, seen up to 27.7 on highway). Nonetheless, car accelerates fast and effortlessly. Its solid construction feels very capable of handling pretty much anything and it has much better load rating (GVWR) than others of its size. Thanks to being able to move the second row seats, third row seats are handy to have and 5-6 people have a lot of space and comfort. More importantly, seats fold flat. The suspension absorbs competently minor bumps while still maintaining a solid feel for the road. 18" alloy tires for better road grip, over 8" ground clearance, super small turning radius, very roomy inside, even at my 6'4", unobtrusive placement of the 12V outlets and proven reliability track record backed with 5-10 year warranties. We were checking out the Honda Pilot, Toyota Highlander and test driving a Subaru Outback (very similar in most aspects but feels essentially designed as a passenger car, less capability for hauling loads), Ford Escape (great car, but more expensive, feels more complicated and still unproven reliability) and Ford Flex (great car, more space but not nearly as fuel efficient and ended up being to pricey for us). I feel the car combines many of the best aspects of all of them for less money."

Exceeds Expectations

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

Pros: "Excellent actual MPG, smooth/quiet engine & CVT"

Cons: "More interior colors! (ES)"

"Shopped around for a mid-size SUV with an emergency 3rd row. Wanted 3rd row for those special occasions (backup) and at the same time, excellent MPG. Test drove a few SUVs - only two came up on the short list - the 2014 Rogue and Outlander. Rogue was in short supply - dealers would not call me back. Mitsu dealers were very accommodating. As far as what I wanted and what I was expecting, this exceeds what I wanted. Plus, I got a 100K powertrain etc. warranty - built in. Having owned only Japanese cars in the past, reliability was very important - and Mitsu has been reliable for me. Actual MPG has been 27 combined, 32 highway. Interior is very quiet, CVT is very smooth. I do wish they had more interior colors - and more LED lights inside. There is a dark spot near the 12V port. The auto-temp AC is a great plus - so are the fog lights and bluetooth connectivity which came standard on my ES"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10