2012 Mitsubishi Outlander

Based on 241 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

Great SUV!

By on Monday, August 13, 2012

Pros: "Great style, roomy, great warranty"

Cons: "See my full review"

"I recently purchased a 2012 Outlander Sport which I have had for a month. I am extremely pleased with the car. Pros: Great styling, roomy interior, a lot of nice touches (e.g., kleenex holder in center console), clean, uncluttered interior, comfortable seats, great Rockford sound system, great visibility, nice ride and, most important, great warranty. Cons: For me, there really are no cons. Many reviews note the fact the engine could use a few more horses under the hood and view it as underpowered, I have not found that to be the case. Where I think the issue arises is with the CVT and the fact, that to achieve the best mileage, the CVT will lag a bit when upshifting. Rather than tromp the gas which only creates further lag, I've found two solutions: (1) when it starts to lag, back off the accelerator for a couple second then apply even pressure and it will pick up seemlessly or (2) use the paddle shifters which are great. If you're in the market for a great SUV, I really recommend taking a look at the Outlander Sport."

best bang for the buck 2007

By on Sunday, October 21, 2007

"Every bit as good as our Highlander. It's much quicker and more nimble at half the price. No issues of needing service as of yet. (16k miles)"

Great car on ice and driving around the corner..

By on Thursday, May 24, 2012

Pros: "Great handling on icy roads and cornering"

"We bought this car last November in saint Louis..and just last winter time it was put in to test when modot forgot to treat the road with salt.black ice was all over the city.thanks to its four wheel drive and wider tire it seems like aside from large pick up trucks and large suvs I'm the only one moving where almost all cars and compact SUVs created a mess along I-64. I would say its FWD feature is way much better than most suvs AWD capability. Plus the aluminum roof it has..it so handy when you are driving in a winding road.it so stable.you are not gonna swing all over your car.maybe it's because most its weights we're under you. Compare to the rav4 you have to hold on whenever your going around the corner.."

great crossover

By on Sunday, June 29, 2008

"I looked at Kia Sportage, Hyundai Tucson, Hyundai SantaFe, but the Outlander beat them all in comfort, roominess, and more standard equipment for less dollars, and it has the same 5/60, 10/100 warranty as the Kia and Hyundai. I would recommend that anyone thinking about a Honda CR-V, Toyota RAV4, Kia Sportage, Hyundai Tucson, or SantaFe check out the Outlander before you make a decision."

WILL DRIVE IT FOREVER :)

By on Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Pros: "Dependable/great handling/roomy/great heater/ac"

Cons: "Wish they had other than black seats"

"I bought my 2007 Outlander with a few thousand miles on it in 2008. I now have about 78,000. It has been the most dependable vehicle I have ever owned....only oil changes, new tires and a battery. It is now 2013 and I know I will be keeping this vehicle for many many more years. I love the handling, and for a six cylinder I have learned not to "punch it" when passing other vehicles as it is very powerful. My gas mileage averages around 26 mpg/more on the highway. Very solid and plenty of room on the inside. You may not find many used Outlanders as people are keeping them...but if you deside to buy new, they come with a wonderful warranty!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mitsubishi Outlander near Honolulu. See local deals