2012 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport

Based on 65 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

Enjoying the Outlander Sport

By on Monday, August 12, 2013

Pros: "Styling, comfort, city-sized, fun to drive"

Cons: "Small cargo area , slow automatic, climate control"

"I've had my Outlander Sport for almost a year and love it. I was happy to see that it is being recommended as a used car now by multiple sources, as its seems very well constructed and reliable. The vehicle was a terrific deal - its loaded with options that result in much more expensive pricing on other vehicles. I paid just over $20,000 for mine with the incentives that were being offered. The Outlander Sport has agile handling and is easy to park in the city. It has very comfortable seating for long car trips or long durations in traffic. It looks great and stands out among the usual compact SUVs. The only letdown is tepid acceleration when driving with the CVT automatic. In that mode, you can't say it's fast or even quick. But when switching to the manual mode with the metal paddle shifters, the Outlander Sport wakes up with quick acceleration. The back seat is a bit tight for three, perfect for two, and the cargo space is small. That's an acceptable tradeoff for ease of parking in the city. I love this vehicle!"

Reliable, Efficient, and a Great Value

By on Thursday, April 23, 2015

Pros: "MPG, Value, Reliability, Size, Warranty, features"

Cons: "small storage. but its a crossover"

"I purchased a 2015 outlander sport 2.0 awd after much consideraton and research of all the competitors in the small suv/crossover market. My top points were 1. MPG 2. Reliability 3. Value. Ive had the car for a couple months and have over 2,000 miles on it. Im very happy with my purchase and would definitely buy it again. I average 30mpg in 2wd. I drove it during the winter when we got 17inches of snow in one day and it went great. I have had no issues with the car. The competitors all cost much more, my loaded se came in at $21,500, less than most fwd base models. Mine also came with a lifetime powertrain warranty upgrade. The standard 10yr100k mile is still the best in the business. I dont find the suv to be sluggish at all. I have had a 73 nove,71 skylark both with 350 v8s, a 93 z28 camaro and a 09 gsxr 750 "crotch rocket" so I have an idea of speed and this little guy isnt bad for an suv. overall a great car."

New tranny at 29K

By on Friday, August 26, 2016

Pros: "Good price for 4x4 and I find exterior attactive"

Cons: "transmission problems, slow"

"Overall I've been happy with my Outlander. I had a 2003 model previously and enjoyed it as well. 3 recalls already having to do with transmission/CVT. It's never felt like it "ran right". Then it left us broke down with an internal transmission failure an hour from home. It took them 2 weeks to install a new one and when I got it back I had to take it back the next day for clunking when I put my foot on the pedal. Got it back and it's still having odd noises. So frustrated and now I don't trust my car. So much for reliability, my reason for purchasing a new car to begin with."

Love it!

By on Sunday, March 5, 2017

Pros: "Reliable, Comfortable, fun to drive"

"Ive been driving it for about 30,000 miles and have enjoyed every mile. The control of the car is excellent even in bad weather. I have had so much fun driving it and dont plan on getting another car anytime soon. It is a blast to drive and is comfortable to take long trips in. I think Mitsubishi did a great job with this car!"

I Chose Mitsubishi Over Mazda

By on Thursday, May 9, 2013

Pros: "Very durable car and well built."

Cons: "Sun visors could use extender shields."

"I wanted an uncommon small SUV and was considering this and the Mazda CX-5. Well, after the test drives and weighing all of the features versus price, I picked the Outlander Sport - it is loaded with features at a very reasonable price and carries a long warranty along with the highest reliability ratings from a leading consumer magazine. The CX-5 I looked at is not a bad car, but you have to move up into higher and more expensive trims to get desirable features that the Outlander Sport has like tinted windows, keyless start/stop, auto climate control and a 6 speaker stereo. The Mazda does not even offer a system comparable to the Mitsubishi voice activated FUSE system (it's like the Ford Sync). I spent around $20,000 for my Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SE and would have had to spend about $28,000 for the comparable Mazda with a little bit peppier engine (the Mazda dealer didn't want to budge much on pricing). It's not just Mazda though, the other car makers charge a lot more than Mitsubishi too. My Outlander Sport has good looks, comfortable seating and driving, good gas mileage, good road traction, the features all work well and it's really fun to drive."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mitsubishi Outlander Sport near Honolulu. See local deals