2012 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport

Based on 64 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

I love my SUV!

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Pros: "Great price, heated fabric seats, drives great!"

"I searched for an SUV that I liked for a long time. Finally settled with the Mitsubishi Outlander Sport and love it!"

best ever

By on Monday, August 29, 2016

Pros: "very confy etc. to many pros to mention"

Cons: "none."

"i traded my 2013 2.0 for the 2016 20.4. great suv. on a recent trip to chicago i rented a brand new buick encore. hated it. no comparison to my sport. the 2.4 is the engine i would suggest. plenty of pep and passing power. i cant say anything negative about it. i don't understand why the so called experts fail to sing its praises."

Enjoying the Outlander Sport

By on Monday, August 12, 2013

Pros: "Styling, comfort, city-sized, fun to drive"

Cons: "Small cargo area , slow automatic, climate control"

"I've had my Outlander Sport for almost a year and love it. I was happy to see that it is being recommended as a used car now by multiple sources, as its seems very well constructed and reliable. The vehicle was a terrific deal - its loaded with options that result in much more expensive pricing on other vehicles. I paid just over $20,000 for mine with the incentives that were being offered. The Outlander Sport has agile handling and is easy to park in the city. It has very comfortable seating for long car trips or long durations in traffic. It looks great and stands out among the usual compact SUVs. The only letdown is tepid acceleration when driving with the CVT automatic. In that mode, you can't say it's fast or even quick. But when switching to the manual mode with the metal paddle shifters, the Outlander Sport wakes up with quick acceleration. The back seat is a bit tight for three, perfect for two, and the cargo space is small. That's an acceptable tradeoff for ease of parking in the city. I love this vehicle!"

good vehicle for the price

By on Sunday, March 1, 2015

Pros: "price, warranty"

Cons: "about 5- 20 horsepower less than the competition"

"I reviewed and drove the cx5, escape, and this vehicle. I reviewed all of the interior dimensions before choosing the outlander sport. The Crv, Rav4, and Sportage were out of my price range. I wanted a normally aspirated engine without a turbocharger for reliability. I wanted a new 4-wheel drive for under $20,000. I managed to get my 2015 outlander sport ES AWD automatic with fog lights for $19,500. I'M 6-3, 220# and the vehicle has plenty of head and leg room. My brother rode in the back and had enough room and he's 6-1, 230#. Cargo Space is lacking, but it will fit 10 bags of groceries behind the rear seat. Sure this vehicle is a little short on power (5-20 horsepower less than the competition), but I drive the speed limit so it doesn't really matter. Ride comfort is half decent. It rides better than my 2002 gallant that's for sure. No one can expect a $20,000 SUV to perform like a luxury Mercedes SUV anyway. I'm not to keen about the CVT transmission, but with the 100,000 mile drivetrain warranty, who cares. I feel that the outlander sport is the cheapest AWD SUV you'll find and the warranty can't be beat. If you want a slightly better ride, pay $6,000 more for a Honda CRV. Otherwise, pay around $4,000 more for an Escape, CX5, RAV4, or Sportage"

Reliable, Efficient, and a Great Value

By on Thursday, April 23, 2015

Pros: "MPG, Value, Reliability, Size, Warranty, features"

Cons: "small storage. but its a crossover"

"I purchased a 2015 outlander sport 2.0 awd after much consideraton and research of all the competitors in the small suv/crossover market. My top points were 1. MPG 2. Reliability 3. Value. Ive had the car for a couple months and have over 2,000 miles on it. Im very happy with my purchase and would definitely buy it again. I average 30mpg in 2wd. I drove it during the winter when we got 17inches of snow in one day and it went great. I have had no issues with the car. The competitors all cost much more, my loaded se came in at $21,500, less than most fwd base models. Mine also came with a lifetime powertrain warranty upgrade. The standard 10yr100k mile is still the best in the business. I dont find the suv to be sluggish at all. I have had a 73 nove,71 skylark both with 350 v8s, a 93 z28 camaro and a 09 gsxr 750 "crotch rocket" so I have an idea of speed and this little guy isnt bad for an suv. overall a great car."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mitsubishi Outlander Sport near Honolulu. See local deals