2012 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport

Based on 68 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Has everything we would ever need in a small SUV!

By on Sunday, May 14, 2017

Pros: "Great Price, very comfortable, handles very well!"

Cons: "Honestly cant identify a con!"

"We bought this car six weeks ago in a 2016 sellout sale - we paid less than 22,000 for a top of the line small SUV. We had a Jeep Liberty and to compare this with that, this wins in every category. At about 2,500 miles, we cant give an in depth review because everything works new! We get an average of 26 miles per gallon while the Jeep got 15. We dont live in a swamp so having paddle wheel tires and having 400 horse power isnt necessary. We dont have 6 kids so a 5 seater is great. The storage behind the back seat is about what our car is, so groceries and suit cases fit great. On a day to day driving experience, this car is very nice!"

Why arent there more of these on the road

By on Saturday, July 1, 2017

Pros: "Price, great 4wd, styling, reliability Warranty"

Cons: "Not rated to tow."

"I will be honest, I bought this mainly because like all Mitsubishi cars, it was generally considered reliable, and has a great warranty. Also the real out the door price was thousands less than the competition. Even with 4 wheel drive it was not only vastly cheaper than its small SUV competition, it was a couple of thousand less than a compact car like a Ford Focus Titanium. The price I knew was great, the real surprise was what a great vehicle it is to own. A simple interior with well laid out controls. Great build quality inside and out with even panel gaps and no misaligned part inside either. The Bluetooth is easy to set up and use. The seats are firm but the comfort is good and the material seems durable. I bought the ES trim 4 x 4 and unlike some of the competition, you can pick from 3 modes. 2 wheel drive, 4 wheel drive auto and 4 wheel drive lock where you can lock the center differential. Most others in this class do not have this option. This is not a rock crawler jeep or a monster truck, but the 4 wheel drive is great. Anything that even pretends to be a road is no problem. I live in Florida and deep sugar sand is common on unpaved roads. The Outlander Sport has no problems with this. It definitely gives you confidence when the going gets rough. Contrary to the professional reviews, It has plenty of power. You wont win a drag race with a Ferrari, but for its intended purpose, it if fine. Like Mitsubishis are known for, it has been anvil reliable. I just cant figure out why you dont see more of these fine vehicles on the road. It really is a hidden gem and I dont even mind making my payment every month. I wholeheartedly recommend the Outlander Sport."

Great value and peace of mind for the price.

By on Saturday, March 9, 2013

Pros: "Price, warranty, fuel economy, features"

Cons: "Radio has to many buttons, seats could be better"

My car

"I've been car shopping for years, and have been terrified of making a commitment. However after researching almost every car out there, I noticed how mitsubishi was completely underrated by all the experts yet hailed by the consumers, I even learned how many competitors rely on mitsubishi to make their parts. Kia and Hundea receive their motors from mitsubishi, GM receives parts from mitsubishi, and Ford even uses patented mitsubishi technology and well as VW. So with all these car makers reliant on mitsubishi...they clearly are doing something right. I found the outlander sport and was blown away by the features and price. Their warranty is the BEST, 10 year powertrain, 5 bumper to bumper, 3 year corrosion and 5 year road side assistance. I bought the SE model with the premium package. The sound system is amazing, the sun roof us breath taking and the little things line rear view camera, movable headlight (which are HID) and rain sensing wipers just make it even better. The cvt I was very unsure about because I read numerous complaints about the noise, but coming from a consumer whose driven this car for four hours straight on a trip...the noise is nothing. My old car was a v6 mustang...now that has noise. The pick up speed isn't bad, fairly decent and the mpg gage is really helpful in determining how fast you should be going if you want better fuel economy. It was great handling and lots of features to brag about. It's push to start is also another fun feature, it wasn't necessary, but still cool. I was able to get mine way way way under msrp. If you can as well, by all means but the car, you get so much more for your money as well as added security and peace of mind."

My car

Best bang for your buck!

By on Saturday, November 9, 2013

Pros: "Rides smooth, handles great, agressive look"

Cons: "needs longer sun visor"

"Don't get caught up on the hype with Honda and Toyota. Don't get me wrong, they make great cars. But if you want to get more, but spend less and still get a reliable and quality vehicle then highly consider the Mitsubishi Outlander Sport. I've owned Honda, Toyota, Nissan, and Suzuki and loved every one of them. But when I purchased the Mitsubishi after careful research and review, the Outlander Sport by far was the best overall! It rides smoothly and handles great. It fits my family well and all the stuff that comes along with kids! Gas mileage is better than average. It has a much better look than the rest. But the best feature of all that makes it the best of the bunch is that it earned the IIHS Top Safety Plus Award. Enough said. Get yours!"

Don't listen to the "pros" - this is a great buy!

By on Sunday, November 17, 2013

Pros: "great price, ride, bluetooth system, easy access"

Cons: "responsiveness of CVT drivetrain, no compass"

"My wife and I were looking for a vehicle that would be easier on my back; in our exhaustive search we looked at a Honda Accord, Honda CR-V, Nissan Rogue, Nissan Altima, Chevy Equinox, Ford Escape, Hyundai Tuscon, Mazda 5, Mazda CX-5, Toyota RAV-4, and finally, the Mitsubishi Outlander Sport. To be honest, I almost didn't go to the dealership because the "official" reviews for the Mitsubishi were so poor. But, it seemed like it might be a good value, and the online reviews by people who actually owned the vehicle seemed pretty positive. It turned out to be the right vehicle for us, and for thousands less than the competition. We got the standard ES with no extra options, but the vehicle comes packed with standard features we find very useful, especially the bluetooth hands-free phone system. The vehicle is quiet and rides very nice (the ride of the RAV-4 was AWFUL), and best of all is super easy to get in and out of. Yes, it is not a sports car - the drivetrain is not terribly responsive, especially compared to cars like the Mazda CX-5 - but my wife and I are parents of a 20-month old girl, and neither one of us plan on driving the car at the local race track. It gets us from point A to B comfortably (my mom has a new CR-V, and even she admits the comfort of the seats is poor) and economically - on the highway we've gotten up to 33 mpg, and average about 27 mpg in mixed city/highway driving. If you can live with the quirks of the CVT drivetrain, you will have yourself a sharp-looking, comfortable and efficient car."

Very Good Small SUV

By on Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pros: "Great value, comfort, looks and gas mileage"

Cons: "Trip meter underestimates actual gas mileage"

"I had never seen this car before attending the 2013 Chicago Auto Show. There seem to be so few of them on the road that they are easy to miss. I was looking around at small SUVs and the sharp looks and price of this one caught my eye. I drove one at a dealer after the auto show and ended up buying it. I test drove others beforehand and when it comes down to it, there are not really a lot of differences between them if you are just using it for commuting. The Outlander Sport is packed with features that you would have to pay anywhere from $2,000(Korean) to $7,000 (American/other Japanese) more to get. Mitsubishi dealers will work with you to get a much better price than the MSRP too. I don't know how Mitsubishi puts together such a great SUV for the price, but I am happy, especially knowing that it has a great warranty too."

Great value. This was exactly the size I prefered.

By on Saturday, December 10, 2016

Pros: "Affordability, size for me, pleasure to drive."

Cons: "Some would say the CVT, and, slightly lower power."

"Had this Outlander Sport LE for 3 1/2 years now. Great car, perfect size for me. Price was very attractive even with 4WD. Has been VERY reliable and affordable to drive. No reservations at all with this purchase. Loved that it was even built in Illinois by UAW workers."

Great vehicle!

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "Good gas mileage, great stereo, comfortable, sexy"

Cons: "Not very powerful"

"I bought this vehicle in early December and absolutely love it! I got everything installed that I could - including auto starter and heated seats - which have been GREAT this winter (in Pittsburgh, PA). Drives great in bad snow, good gas mileage, comfortable and looks really nice. It is not a powerful car in reference to horsepower, but it drives smooth and handles well in city traffic. And for just a little more - I got the 100,000 bumper to bumper warranty!!!"

Great value , great suv

By on Saturday, February 28, 2015

"The experts talk badly about this car due to what they say is poor acceleration and sluggish CVT. They are wrong , the car is more than capable. It is not a race car. It is a great value with great reliability, good mpg, and plenty of features at a fair price."

best ever

By on Monday, August 29, 2016

Pros: "very confy etc. to many pros to mention"

Cons: "none."

"i traded my 2013 2.0 for the 2016 20.4. great suv. on a recent trip to chicago i rented a brand new buick encore. hated it. no comparison to my sport. the 2.4 is the engine i would suggest. plenty of pep and passing power. i cant say anything negative about it. i don't understand why the so called experts fail to sing its praises."

Awsome SUV

By on Sunday, January 1, 2017

Pros: "Comfort, Fuel Milage, smooth riding and the style"

Cons: "The only con is front pass seat went back further"

2015 Outlander Sport SE 2.0 A/T

"I have owned this vehicle for 8 months and 4500 miles, I have to say it is the most comfortable and smoothest running vehicle i have had and i have had many. i would very highly recommend this vehicle. it has plenty of power for what it is and it handles like a dream, ride is smooth and comfortable fuel mileage is very good. maintenance is a breeze if you do your own service. warranty on this vehicle is a no brainer. Give it a serious look,also the transmission is silky smooth."

2015 Outlander Sport SE 2.0 A/T

Great little CUV

By on Monday, May 18, 2015

Pros: "Glass Roof, Radio system, Ride, and great price"

Cons: "No rear light, and No rear door storage,"

"Car was a great value a lot of high end upgrades. The car comfortable and Reliable, No problems in 2.5 years of ownership. The Rockford fosgate system and glass roof is great upgrade. Car could have a little more power but I good gas mileage get about 28mpg city/highway driving and as high as 33mpg."

Fuel economy, comfortable, well designed

By on Thursday, March 5, 2015

Pros: "Fuel economy, comfortable, nice looking, options"

Cons: "Acceleration, no built-in aux plug"

"I was in the market for a crossover. My previous car was a 2003 Pontiac Vibe, which is what got me liking crossovers in the first place. Based on fuel economy, aesthetics, price and features, I narrowed my list down to the Mazda CX-5 and the Mitsubishi Outlander Sport. I drove the Mazda first, and I liked it. Next I drove the Mitsubishi and also liked it. It was when I started looking at my options that I really saw the value in the Mitsubishi. There is nothing wrong with the Mazda, but after personal consideration, I felt it looked oversized, the seat was not as comfortable, and the features (although nice) were not worth the cost to me. Overall, the Mitsubishi won, and for the same price as the Mazda, I was able to upgrade the sound system (highly recommend) and get some unnecessary things (interior led lights, alloy fuel cap, spoiler). I am the type of person to hold onto a car for a long time, so I was happy to pay a little extra since I will be driving this car for the foreseeable future. If you want something with fast acceleration, or towing capabilities, this is not the car for you. If you want a car that is comfortable, safe, good looking, and fuel efficient this is a great choice."

Best Bang for the Buck for a compact SUV <16k otd

By on Friday, January 17, 2014

Pros: "Small, Fun, Sporty with 5 speed, VERY well equiped"

Cons: "dents easily, can get noisy"

"Overall Im very happy, GREAT price(6k less than other SUVs) lots of option even on the base unit but its not stripped out. I have alloy wheels (19"), leather steering wheel, tinted windows, USB port, and blue tooth - not bad for a base model with NO options! I wanted a 5 speed manual(lots of fun - and yes its even sporty) gets great mileage my average so far is 30.1 MPG mostly city commute, I have even hit 40+ MPG a few times hypermiling! Normally I get 500 miles to a tank of gas! Its small on the outside but big on the inside I have room for 5 adults and plently room in back for cargo. It is however a bit CHEAP, thin metal skin (put a dent in the roof at a car wash from the air dryer) a bit loud, bit bouncy, BUT for the price I would definitely buy again. Peace of mind with 10 yr warranty and tip safety pick by iihs to top it off."

I love my SUV!

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Pros: "Great price, heated fabric seats, drives great!"

"I searched for an SUV that I liked for a long time. Finally settled with the Mitsubishi Outlander Sport and love it!"

good vehicle for the price

By on Sunday, March 1, 2015

Pros: "price, warranty"

Cons: "about 5- 20 horsepower less than the competition"

"I reviewed and drove the cx5, escape, and this vehicle. I reviewed all of the interior dimensions before choosing the outlander sport. The Crv, Rav4, and Sportage were out of my price range. I wanted a normally aspirated engine without a turbocharger for reliability. I wanted a new 4-wheel drive for under $20,000. I managed to get my 2015 outlander sport ES AWD automatic with fog lights for $19,500. I'M 6-3, 220# and the vehicle has plenty of head and leg room. My brother rode in the back and had enough room and he's 6-1, 230#. Cargo Space is lacking, but it will fit 10 bags of groceries behind the rear seat. Sure this vehicle is a little short on power (5-20 horsepower less than the competition), but I drive the speed limit so it doesn't really matter. Ride comfort is half decent. It rides better than my 2002 gallant that's for sure. No one can expect a $20,000 SUV to perform like a luxury Mercedes SUV anyway. I'm not to keen about the CVT transmission, but with the 100,000 mile drivetrain warranty, who cares. I feel that the outlander sport is the cheapest AWD SUV you'll find and the warranty can't be beat. If you want a slightly better ride, pay $6,000 more for a Honda CRV. Otherwise, pay around $4,000 more for an Escape, CX5, RAV4, or Sportage"

Enjoying the Outlander Sport

By on Monday, August 12, 2013

Pros: "Styling, comfort, city-sized, fun to drive"

Cons: "Small cargo area , slow automatic, climate control"

"I've had my Outlander Sport for almost a year and love it. I was happy to see that it is being recommended as a used car now by multiple sources, as its seems very well constructed and reliable. The vehicle was a terrific deal - its loaded with options that result in much more expensive pricing on other vehicles. I paid just over $20,000 for mine with the incentives that were being offered. The Outlander Sport has agile handling and is easy to park in the city. It has very comfortable seating for long car trips or long durations in traffic. It looks great and stands out among the usual compact SUVs. The only letdown is tepid acceleration when driving with the CVT automatic. In that mode, you can't say it's fast or even quick. But when switching to the manual mode with the metal paddle shifters, the Outlander Sport wakes up with quick acceleration. The back seat is a bit tight for three, perfect for two, and the cargo space is small. That's an acceptable tradeoff for ease of parking in the city. I love this vehicle!"

Reliable, Efficient, and a Great Value

By on Thursday, April 23, 2015

Pros: "MPG, Value, Reliability, Size, Warranty, features"

Cons: "small storage. but its a crossover"

"I purchased a 2015 outlander sport 2.0 awd after much consideraton and research of all the competitors in the small suv/crossover market. My top points were 1. MPG 2. Reliability 3. Value. Ive had the car for a couple months and have over 2,000 miles on it. Im very happy with my purchase and would definitely buy it again. I average 30mpg in 2wd. I drove it during the winter when we got 17inches of snow in one day and it went great. I have had no issues with the car. The competitors all cost much more, my loaded se came in at $21,500, less than most fwd base models. Mine also came with a lifetime powertrain warranty upgrade. The standard 10yr100k mile is still the best in the business. I dont find the suv to be sluggish at all. I have had a 73 nove,71 skylark both with 350 v8s, a 93 z28 camaro and a 09 gsxr 750 "crotch rocket" so I have an idea of speed and this little guy isnt bad for an suv. overall a great car."

New tranny at 29K

By on Friday, August 26, 2016

Pros: "Good price for 4x4 and I find exterior attactive"

Cons: "transmission problems, slow"

"Overall I've been happy with my Outlander. I had a 2003 model previously and enjoyed it as well. 3 recalls already having to do with transmission/CVT. It's never felt like it "ran right". Then it left us broke down with an internal transmission failure an hour from home. It took them 2 weeks to install a new one and when I got it back I had to take it back the next day for clunking when I put my foot on the pedal. Got it back and it's still having odd noises. So frustrated and now I don't trust my car. So much for reliability, my reason for purchasing a new car to begin with."

Love it!

By on Sunday, March 5, 2017

Pros: "Reliable, Comfortable, fun to drive"

"Ive been driving it for about 30,000 miles and have enjoyed every mile. The control of the car is excellent even in bad weather. I have had so much fun driving it and dont plan on getting another car anytime soon. It is a blast to drive and is comfortable to take long trips in. I think Mitsubishi did a great job with this car!"

I Chose Mitsubishi Over Mazda

By on Thursday, May 9, 2013

Pros: "Very durable car and well built."

Cons: "Sun visors could use extender shields."

"I wanted an uncommon small SUV and was considering this and the Mazda CX-5. Well, after the test drives and weighing all of the features versus price, I picked the Outlander Sport - it is loaded with features at a very reasonable price and carries a long warranty along with the highest reliability ratings from a leading consumer magazine. The CX-5 I looked at is not a bad car, but you have to move up into higher and more expensive trims to get desirable features that the Outlander Sport has like tinted windows, keyless start/stop, auto climate control and a 6 speaker stereo. The Mazda does not even offer a system comparable to the Mitsubishi voice activated FUSE system (it's like the Ford Sync). I spent around $20,000 for my Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SE and would have had to spend about $28,000 for the comparable Mazda with a little bit peppier engine (the Mazda dealer didn't want to budge much on pricing). It's not just Mazda though, the other car makers charge a lot more than Mitsubishi too. My Outlander Sport has good looks, comfortable seating and driving, good gas mileage, good road traction, the features all work well and it's really fun to drive."

best vehicle ever

By on Monday, November 25, 2013

Pros: "Great value, fun to drive, gas economy, extras!"

"I don't know how anybody could not love this car! Phenominal gas mileage, runs well in the snow, sharp looking design, and lots of added extras. The heated seats alone are a savior!"

Great value for the money

By on Thursday, May 9, 2013

Pros: "Great value, nice aggressive look, fun to drive"

Cons: "Need cup holders and power sockets for the rear"

"I travel a lot to Manila, Philippines and I use a 2011 Outlander Sport / ASX for traveling through the busy streets of the city and the challenging trips to the provinces. Having great experience with the 06 Outlander in the US, deciding to go with the smaller Sport version for use in the tighter roads and parking spaces of Manila was easy. The rugged/ aggressive front look, driving height, compact size made it an even easier decision. Would have loved a bigger engine but the 2.0 is sufficient. I'm pretty sure it can hit or surpass the 100mph/ 160 kph marker but who needs to really go that fast, lol? The driving experience has been great I was actually thinking of buying one for use in the US."

I love this vehicle. Rides nice on the highway.

By on Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Pros: "Good price, fun to drive, sporty"

Cons: "Light rear end"

"I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for an inexpensive SUV with a lot of bells and whistls."

great eco transportation

By on Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Pros: "great.grea.t great.gas mi.comfort,&looks"

Cons: "driver r/sarmrest .longer/seat softer"

"glad I didn't get the v6.the 4 cyl is plenty fast"

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mitsubishi Outlander Sport near Honolulu. See local deals