2012 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport

Based on 64 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

Great value. This was exactly the size I prefered.

By on Saturday, December 10, 2016

Pros: "Affordability, size for me, pleasure to drive."

Cons: "Some would say the CVT, and, slightly lower power."

"Had this Outlander Sport LE for 3 1/2 years now. Great car, perfect size for me. Price was very attractive even with 4WD. Has been VERY reliable and affordable to drive. No reservations at all with this purchase. Loved that it was even built in Illinois by UAW workers."

Great value and peace of mind for the price.

By on Saturday, March 9, 2013

Pros: "Price, warranty, fuel economy, features"

Cons: "Radio has to many buttons, seats could be better"

My car

"I've been car shopping for years, and have been terrified of making a commitment. However after researching almost every car out there, I noticed how mitsubishi was completely underrated by all the experts yet hailed by the consumers, I even learned how many competitors rely on mitsubishi to make their parts. Kia and Hundea receive their motors from mitsubishi, GM receives parts from mitsubishi, and Ford even uses patented mitsubishi technology and well as VW. So with all these car makers reliant on mitsubishi...they clearly are doing something right. I found the outlander sport and was blown away by the features and price. Their warranty is the BEST, 10 year powertrain, 5 bumper to bumper, 3 year corrosion and 5 year road side assistance. I bought the SE model with the premium package. The sound system is amazing, the sun roof us breath taking and the little things line rear view camera, movable headlight (which are HID) and rain sensing wipers just make it even better. The cvt I was very unsure about because I read numerous complaints about the noise, but coming from a consumer whose driven this car for four hours straight on a trip...the noise is nothing. My old car was a v6 mustang...now that has noise. The pick up speed isn't bad, fairly decent and the mpg gage is really helpful in determining how fast you should be going if you want better fuel economy. It was great handling and lots of features to brag about. It's push to start is also another fun feature, it wasn't necessary, but still cool. I was able to get mine way way way under msrp. If you can as well, by all means but the car, you get so much more for your money as well as added security and peace of mind."

My car

Don't listen to the "pros" - this is a great buy!

By on Sunday, November 17, 2013

Pros: "great price, ride, bluetooth system, easy access"

Cons: "responsiveness of CVT drivetrain, no compass"

"My wife and I were looking for a vehicle that would be easier on my back; in our exhaustive search we looked at a Honda Accord, Honda CR-V, Nissan Rogue, Nissan Altima, Chevy Equinox, Ford Escape, Hyundai Tuscon, Mazda 5, Mazda CX-5, Toyota RAV-4, and finally, the Mitsubishi Outlander Sport. To be honest, I almost didn't go to the dealership because the "official" reviews for the Mitsubishi were so poor. But, it seemed like it might be a good value, and the online reviews by people who actually owned the vehicle seemed pretty positive. It turned out to be the right vehicle for us, and for thousands less than the competition. We got the standard ES with no extra options, but the vehicle comes packed with standard features we find very useful, especially the bluetooth hands-free phone system. The vehicle is quiet and rides very nice (the ride of the RAV-4 was AWFUL), and best of all is super easy to get in and out of. Yes, it is not a sports car - the drivetrain is not terribly responsive, especially compared to cars like the Mazda CX-5 - but my wife and I are parents of a 20-month old girl, and neither one of us plan on driving the car at the local race track. It gets us from point A to B comfortably (my mom has a new CR-V, and even she admits the comfort of the seats is poor) and economically - on the highway we've gotten up to 33 mpg, and average about 27 mpg in mixed city/highway driving. If you can live with the quirks of the CVT drivetrain, you will have yourself a sharp-looking, comfortable and efficient car."

Best bang for your buck!

By on Saturday, November 9, 2013

Pros: "Rides smooth, handles great, agressive look"

Cons: "needs longer sun visor"

"Don't get caught up on the hype with Honda and Toyota. Don't get me wrong, they make great cars. But if you want to get more, but spend less and still get a reliable and quality vehicle then highly consider the Mitsubishi Outlander Sport. I've owned Honda, Toyota, Nissan, and Suzuki and loved every one of them. But when I purchased the Mitsubishi after careful research and review, the Outlander Sport by far was the best overall! It rides smoothly and handles great. It fits my family well and all the stuff that comes along with kids! Gas mileage is better than average. It has a much better look than the rest. But the best feature of all that makes it the best of the bunch is that it earned the IIHS Top Safety Plus Award. Enough said. Get yours!"

Very Good Small SUV

By on Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pros: "Great value, comfort, looks and gas mileage"

Cons: "Trip meter underestimates actual gas mileage"

"I had never seen this car before attending the 2013 Chicago Auto Show. There seem to be so few of them on the road that they are easy to miss. I was looking around at small SUVs and the sharp looks and price of this one caught my eye. I drove one at a dealer after the auto show and ended up buying it. I test drove others beforehand and when it comes down to it, there are not really a lot of differences between them if you are just using it for commuting. The Outlander Sport is packed with features that you would have to pay anywhere from $2,000(Korean) to $7,000 (American/other Japanese) more to get. Mitsubishi dealers will work with you to get a much better price than the MSRP too. I don't know how Mitsubishi puts together such a great SUV for the price, but I am happy, especially knowing that it has a great warranty too."

Great value , great suv

By on Saturday, February 28, 2015

"The experts talk badly about this car due to what they say is poor acceleration and sluggish CVT. They are wrong , the car is more than capable. It is not a race car. It is a great value with great reliability, good mpg, and plenty of features at a fair price."

Great vehicle!

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "Good gas mileage, great stereo, comfortable, sexy"

Cons: "Not very powerful"

"I bought this vehicle in early December and absolutely love it! I got everything installed that I could - including auto starter and heated seats - which have been GREAT this winter (in Pittsburgh, PA). Drives great in bad snow, good gas mileage, comfortable and looks really nice. It is not a powerful car in reference to horsepower, but it drives smooth and handles well in city traffic. And for just a little more - I got the 100,000 bumper to bumper warranty!!!"

Great little CUV

By on Monday, May 18, 2015

Pros: "Glass Roof, Radio system, Ride, and great price"

Cons: "No rear light, and No rear door storage,"

"Car was a great value a lot of high end upgrades. The car comfortable and Reliable, No problems in 2.5 years of ownership. The Rockford fosgate system and glass roof is great upgrade. Car could have a little more power but I good gas mileage get about 28mpg city/highway driving and as high as 33mpg."

Best Bang for the Buck for a compact SUV <16k otd

By on Friday, January 17, 2014

Pros: "Small, Fun, Sporty with 5 speed, VERY well equiped"

Cons: "dents easily, can get noisy"

"Overall Im very happy, GREAT price(6k less than other SUVs) lots of option even on the base unit but its not stripped out. I have alloy wheels (19"), leather steering wheel, tinted windows, USB port, and blue tooth - not bad for a base model with NO options! I wanted a 5 speed manual(lots of fun - and yes its even sporty) gets great mileage my average so far is 30.1 MPG mostly city commute, I have even hit 40+ MPG a few times hypermiling! Normally I get 500 miles to a tank of gas! Its small on the outside but big on the inside I have room for 5 adults and plently room in back for cargo. It is however a bit CHEAP, thin metal skin (put a dent in the roof at a car wash from the air dryer) a bit loud, bit bouncy, BUT for the price I would definitely buy again. Peace of mind with 10 yr warranty and tip safety pick by iihs to top it off."

Fuel economy, comfortable, well designed

By on Thursday, March 5, 2015

Pros: "Fuel economy, comfortable, nice looking, options"

Cons: "Acceleration, no built-in aux plug"

"I was in the market for a crossover. My previous car was a 2003 Pontiac Vibe, which is what got me liking crossovers in the first place. Based on fuel economy, aesthetics, price and features, I narrowed my list down to the Mazda CX-5 and the Mitsubishi Outlander Sport. I drove the Mazda first, and I liked it. Next I drove the Mitsubishi and also liked it. It was when I started looking at my options that I really saw the value in the Mitsubishi. There is nothing wrong with the Mazda, but after personal consideration, I felt it looked oversized, the seat was not as comfortable, and the features (although nice) were not worth the cost to me. Overall, the Mitsubishi won, and for the same price as the Mazda, I was able to upgrade the sound system (highly recommend) and get some unnecessary things (interior led lights, alloy fuel cap, spoiler). I am the type of person to hold onto a car for a long time, so I was happy to pay a little extra since I will be driving this car for the foreseeable future. If you want something with fast acceleration, or towing capabilities, this is not the car for you. If you want a car that is comfortable, safe, good looking, and fuel efficient this is a great choice."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mitsubishi Outlander Sport near Honolulu. See local deals