2012 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport

Based on 69 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

Has everything we would ever need in a small SUV!

By on Sunday, May 14, 2017

Pros: "Great Price, very comfortable, handles very well!"

Cons: "Honestly cant identify a con!"

"We bought this car six weeks ago in a 2016 sellout sale - we paid less than 22,000 for a top of the line small SUV. We had a Jeep Liberty and to compare this with that, this wins in every category. At about 2,500 miles, we cant give an in depth review because everything works new! We get an average of 26 miles per gallon while the Jeep got 15. We dont live in a swamp so having paddle wheel tires and having 400 horse power isnt necessary. We dont have 6 kids so a 5 seater is great. The storage behind the back seat is about what our car is, so groceries and suit cases fit great. On a day to day driving experience, this car is very nice!"

great looking cuv!

By on Sunday, July 23, 2017

Pros: "great exterior looks, loaded features, audio, etc."

Cons: "footwell lights not standard."

"I have owned about a dozen cars over the years, including two of the original SUVs, a 1975 International Scout II and a 1980 Ford Bronco. I dont plan to go off road, but the 4WD is handy in Illinois winters, it handles well in wet/icy conditions. The exterior dimensions are well balanced. Not to long, width adequate and height is just right. The exterior styling is stunning from front to rear. I didnt need a larger vehicle, I dont do any major hauling, but with roof rails, it can easily handle larger items such as dining tables or bedroom sets. The Sport performs as good as any mid level sedan, the 2.4L has very good acceleration and torque, so highway merging is not a problem. Ride comfort is no different either, but smooth and quiet as can be expected at this price. Interior materials remain basic, dashboard layout is functional, although a bit bland looking. Where the Sport rocks is the Rockford Fosgate navigation system and 710 watt system with a 10 built in subwoofer, which sounds awesome at lower volumes, but never used to wake up the neighborhood. This trim level has all the expected options, power everything, heated leather, moon roof with mood lighting, etc. Before I purchased, I read many the reviews, They were less than complimentary. I can say as an owner for 18 mos that those reviews are unfounded. It is not expected to compare to upper end vehicles. It performs well on suburban and highway roads. How many of us plan to go off road or cruise European mountainous winding roads?"

Great value and peace of mind for the price.

By on Saturday, March 9, 2013

Pros: "Price, warranty, fuel economy, features"

Cons: "Radio has to many buttons, seats could be better"

My car

"I've been car shopping for years, and have been terrified of making a commitment. However after researching almost every car out there, I noticed how mitsubishi was completely underrated by all the experts yet hailed by the consumers, I even learned how many competitors rely on mitsubishi to make their parts. Kia and Hundea receive their motors from mitsubishi, GM receives parts from mitsubishi, and Ford even uses patented mitsubishi technology and well as VW. So with all these car makers reliant on mitsubishi...they clearly are doing something right. I found the outlander sport and was blown away by the features and price. Their warranty is the BEST, 10 year powertrain, 5 bumper to bumper, 3 year corrosion and 5 year road side assistance. I bought the SE model with the premium package. The sound system is amazing, the sun roof us breath taking and the little things line rear view camera, movable headlight (which are HID) and rain sensing wipers just make it even better. The cvt I was very unsure about because I read numerous complaints about the noise, but coming from a consumer whose driven this car for four hours straight on a trip...the noise is nothing. My old car was a v6 mustang...now that has noise. The pick up speed isn't bad, fairly decent and the mpg gage is really helpful in determining how fast you should be going if you want better fuel economy. It was great handling and lots of features to brag about. It's push to start is also another fun feature, it wasn't necessary, but still cool. I was able to get mine way way way under msrp. If you can as well, by all means but the car, you get so much more for your money as well as added security and peace of mind."

My car

Best bang for your buck!

By on Saturday, November 9, 2013

Pros: "Rides smooth, handles great, agressive look"

Cons: "needs longer sun visor"

"Don't get caught up on the hype with Honda and Toyota. Don't get me wrong, they make great cars. But if you want to get more, but spend less and still get a reliable and quality vehicle then highly consider the Mitsubishi Outlander Sport. I've owned Honda, Toyota, Nissan, and Suzuki and loved every one of them. But when I purchased the Mitsubishi after careful research and review, the Outlander Sport by far was the best overall! It rides smoothly and handles great. It fits my family well and all the stuff that comes along with kids! Gas mileage is better than average. It has a much better look than the rest. But the best feature of all that makes it the best of the bunch is that it earned the IIHS Top Safety Plus Award. Enough said. Get yours!"

Don't listen to the "pros" - this is a great buy!

By on Sunday, November 17, 2013

Pros: "great price, ride, bluetooth system, easy access"

Cons: "responsiveness of CVT drivetrain, no compass"

"My wife and I were looking for a vehicle that would be easier on my back; in our exhaustive search we looked at a Honda Accord, Honda CR-V, Nissan Rogue, Nissan Altima, Chevy Equinox, Ford Escape, Hyundai Tuscon, Mazda 5, Mazda CX-5, Toyota RAV-4, and finally, the Mitsubishi Outlander Sport. To be honest, I almost didn't go to the dealership because the "official" reviews for the Mitsubishi were so poor. But, it seemed like it might be a good value, and the online reviews by people who actually owned the vehicle seemed pretty positive. It turned out to be the right vehicle for us, and for thousands less than the competition. We got the standard ES with no extra options, but the vehicle comes packed with standard features we find very useful, especially the bluetooth hands-free phone system. The vehicle is quiet and rides very nice (the ride of the RAV-4 was AWFUL), and best of all is super easy to get in and out of. Yes, it is not a sports car - the drivetrain is not terribly responsive, especially compared to cars like the Mazda CX-5 - but my wife and I are parents of a 20-month old girl, and neither one of us plan on driving the car at the local race track. It gets us from point A to B comfortably (my mom has a new CR-V, and even she admits the comfort of the seats is poor) and economically - on the highway we've gotten up to 33 mpg, and average about 27 mpg in mixed city/highway driving. If you can live with the quirks of the CVT drivetrain, you will have yourself a sharp-looking, comfortable and efficient car."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mitsubishi Outlander Sport near Honolulu. See local deals