Transaction Data

in the last
90 days
within the U.S.
Transaction Data

This meter represents a sample range of recent transaction prices for vehicles of the same year, make and model as the vehicle specified, but sometimes with a different style and/or equipment. Analyzed transaction prices exclude taxes, DMV fees, documentation fees, other dealership charges and any available rebates or incentives.

9.4

Based on 68 Ratings for the 2014 - 2018 models.

9.8/10
    9.7/10

amazing, we love the car

By on Thursday, June 15, 2017

Pros: "mileage, fun, it is a big little car."

Cons: "plan on replacing wheels/tires"

"We were looking for a first car for our 17-year old daughter. Saw a 2014 Mirage w/40K miles on a local dealers website. The price was in our ball park so we went to look but were skeptical. First, Im 6 3, 225lbs and when we went for the test drive I thought there was no way Id fit comfortably in any seat. Well I was wrong. Drivers seat, passenger seat and rear seats were no problem. Second, we were concerned by the pros reviews so during the test drive (4 of us in car) I pushed the car hard - it performed - we were totally impressed. Third, not flashy, no bells or whistles but with power windows, a/c, decent radio/speaker combo, look of dash, enough space in back, etc... all just right. Last, no idea how but they even fit a spare tire. Yup, we bought the car, she absolutely loves it and so do we."

First New Car Ever! (I have the ES Manual)

By on Thursday, January 26, 2017

Pros: "great price, easy to drive, nice radio"

Cons: "be careful on windy days, hear a lot of noise"

"My boyfriend and I have been looking for a car for me for quite some time. I had an old 02 Cav that was just ready to go. We heard something on the radio and looked into this car and not even 3 days later I had the keys. This is the second manual vehicle I have ever drove (first being a Ford Ranger) and the clutch and gear shifts are smooth and easy to learn. The car does have some issues with getting up and going (with the engine size it is expected) and like one of the other comments has said, not very good on a windy day. Other than the small little things the car is sleek and a great design. Small but roomy. We fit 4 people (including the driver) and a trunk full of groceries on the first day of having and it handled all the weight very well. I am very excited to have this car from now and going on! I do have the standard radio that is built into it and it does all what I need it to do with an AUX input. The car also heats up fast, which is a major plus for living in Ohio."

Great little car

By on Friday, May 4, 2018

Pros: "Light, fun, all the options"

Cons: "People may think youre poor"

"I took a flyer on this car because it got such great consumer / owner reviews (as opposed to most professional automotive reviews) and, after a year of driving my Mirage, Id say the owners are totally right. Do not listen to Doug DeMuro and his ilk when it comes to this car. It is basic transportation in the best sense...its a modern-day Citroen 2CV or (original) VW Beetle. Yes, it feels like a 1990s econobox, and probably would have more in common with a Toyota Tercel or Geo Metro than a Ford Fiesta BUT for the terrific creature comforts: it has cruise control, bluetooth, push-button start, and power everything (I have the ES model). Mitsu did not have to do all this for a poor mans Honda Fit, but it did! I have the manual transmission which I think is essential for a car like this. Mechanically, its very simple and very sound and will probably live well until the Chelsea Clinton presidency. The MPG is awesome...Ive hit 50+ on a few highway occasions. But its not the best highway cruiser...it can get blown around as youd expect for a 2K pound car, but its good enough for my long commute, and itll park anywhere. It can even park perpendicular to SUVs on the street and not block traffic! So I would highly, highly recommend this car to anyone."

Excellent value!!!

By on Friday, November 17, 2017

Pros: "Great value, great warranty, economical, & fun!"

Cons: "Odd tire size limits options."

"I purchased a brand new 2017 Mirage ES (manual) with added armrest & bluetooth for 9299. If I had been a previous Mitsubishi owner or veteran, I would have gotten this car for even less. Plus, I received a free complimentary delivery of this car to my driveway from a dealership that was over 200 miles away. I did test drive a 2018 model closer to home prior to my purchase in October. Some people compare these cars the Metro & Festiva vehicles of 1990s. In all honesty, I dont feel that is bad. I drove a 1990 Ford Festiva for 14 years, & it was a great car. It handled well, was comfortable to drive, was unstoppable in snow, & got great gas mileage. By comparison, a 1990 Ford Festiva was 1.3L, 64 hp, 5 speed manual, 2-door hatchback, no A/C, no power steering, no power windows/locks, 12 inch wheels, door panels with painted metal & a little padded vinyl. The Mirage has more hp, is a 4-door hatchback, has A/C, power windows/locks/steering, 14 or 15 inch wheels, & much nicer finish inside. The 1990s small cars werent bad cars, but the new Mirage is really much nicer! If you are in the market for an affordable small car, this is a great value! The 5 speed manual shifts very smoothly. The car handles great on the road. Its a nice small car. My hope is that the reliability of this car matches its great warranty. It may not be the car for everyone, but I am very happy with my purchase!"

Decent car with extremely poor steering

By on Wednesday, November 8, 2017

I don't own this car

Pros: "Price, quality, great warranty"

Cons: "Horrible handling, Mitsubishis future in US"

"I test drove the 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage, Nissan Versa, and Chevrolet Spark. I bought the Spark. The Versa was nixed because I really wanted a hatchback. It was an otherwise fine car. ======================================================== I really wanted to love the little Mirage but a test drive on the interstate killed the deal. This car requires constant steering correction to keep it moving in a straight line at highway speeds. Theres a dead feel to the steering...no feedback whatsoever. Its exacerbated by a constant mild left / right wandering at speeds above 60 MPH. Also, loads of body lean and understeer during spirited cornering. Its worth noting that handling / steering at low speeds around town was acceptable. So I suppose if you NEVER plan on taking it out on the highway, it might be worth a look. ======================================================== Frankly, I loved everything else about the car...and would have considered it had it not been for the poor handling. In comparison, the Chevrolet Spark drove like a larger, more expensive vehicle...handling was much, much better than the Mirage and the Spark tracks down the highway like a slot car...even at 80MPH it was extremely stable. ======================================================== Its also worth noting that the Spark performed substantially better in the IIHS crash tests so it was no surprise that the insurance was 30 dollars less per month. I also compared parts prices between the Mirage and the Spark. I priced a radiator, starter, clutch, and exhaust. The Spark parts were cheaper. And speaking of price...I bought the Spark for 10,100 OTD. Best price I could get on the Mirage was 10,500 ======================================================== The only competitive advantage that the Mirage has over the competition is the warranty. 5/60 basic 10/100 powertrain is hard to beat. That is a truly great warranty. But it begs the question, will Mitsubishi remain in the United States to HONOR that warranty? Theyve been limping along on life support for quite a while. ======================================================== I love tiny cheap cars. The Mirage is maligned by the automotive press for 100 different reasons...and to be honest I disagree with 99 of them...but the handling is a deal breaker. ======================================================== Bottom line for me is - tiny cars should be go kart fun...this one is not."

cost to you. To do this, we display ads from only trusted partners.