• 2014 Compact Cars

2014 Mitsubishi Mirage Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,222 - $15,446.

10/4.4

7.7

Based on 6 Ratings for the 2014 models.

9.8/10
    7.5/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10

Where do these reviewers come from?

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

Pros: "price, warranty, lots of standard features include"

Cons: "side reflectors - look like from old bicycle"

"I've read just about every review available for the '14 Mirage. If I weren't a Libertarian, I'd insist on a law that says "if you don't own the car, you can't review the car". Honestly, most of the professional car reviewers would never buy ANY vehicle under $15,000. Many haven't even DRIVEN this car, but they seem to know that The Spark or Fiesta or some other car is a better value. And why do reviewers only compare listed retail prices of cars? I've only seen ONE review that even mentions that Mitsubishi has a $1000 rebate on the Mirage. Nobody has mentioned that some dealers are offering additional discounts of $1000 or more. I just bought a 2014 Mirage DE with 5-speed and no options for $11,350 out-the-door price. The only thing that number does not include is state tax and registration. I bought the car out of state, so I paid MD state tax when I registered the car. Try getting a Chevy Spark for $11,350. Won't happen. Oh, but the Spark is so much more fun to drive. Yes, it's a little more fun to drive. So was my RX7, my Toyota MR2, my Miata, my Cadillac STS and my BMW 740i. But I didn't buy this car for "fun to drive". I bought it because it's cheap, gets super good gas mileage, can transport 2 adults and 3 children, and has a super warranty. Some observations: (1.) I think it looks nice. Cute. So many reviewers roll their eyes and think they have transported back to the 1980s. Not so. It's a cute little car. (2.) It costs thousands less than the cars the reviewers say "cost about the same". In my case, and I got a very good deal, about $3000 less. I can take my wife and 3 dogs to McDonalds for cheeseburgers once a week for six years on $3000. All I have to do is say the word "cheeseburger" and all the dogs start barking and run to the door - most fun they have all week. I have traded a little bit of driving fun for 300 trips to McDonalds. And you know what? My dogs don't care that the back seat of the Mirage is flat. (3.) Extraordinary Warranty. 5 Year bumper to bumper warranty. Beats the Spark's 3 year. 10 year powertrain warranty compared to Spark's 5 year. (4.) better gas mileage (5.) seats 5 instead of 4 (6.) Real world price is a couple grand less =========================== The first thing I did when I bought this car was drive it 600 miles. I got over 48 mpg for the trip. Mid 30-s in the mountains, around 50 on the freeways. I also own a 2012 Prius and it only gets about 2 mpg higher.============== Speaking of Prius (which I love), the price for a base Prius II is around $23 or $24k. That's TWICE as much as the Mirage. ============ It is ABOUT TIME that somebody came out with a 40+ mpg car that can be purchased below $12,000, has a nice complement of standard equipment, and has an excellent warranty. ============= And for the record, I do think it is fun to drive. And I CAN drive up a steep mountain at 70 mph. And I don't think the steering is funny. I do think the clutch is a bit odd, but I got accustomed to it in about 5 minutes. ================ Bottom line, if you don't have a lot of cash, want great gas mileage and a great warranty, buy this car. And if you can afford to spend a few thousand extra for the Spark, buy the Mirage and take your dogs out for a treat....many, many times."

Everything I needed!

By on Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, smooth ride, simple, amazing"

Cons: "No center console/armrest"

"I had a '97 Subaru which lasted me 2 years, and my aunt many years before I received it. It had almost 200,000 miles before I finally called it quits. I'm currently averaging over 40mpg from my house to work, where before I was getting 17mpg in the Subaru. I got the ES model that has Bluetooth, fog lights, push button start. The basic things I needed. I don't need to touch a screen to access my Facebook, while I'm driving. Just play my music, answer my calls wirelessly, and get really great gas mileage. The Mirage has it all, if you truly enjoy the little things out a car ride."

Delivers Exactly what we hoped for ... and More !

By on Monday, January 20, 2014

Pros: "Great Price, FUEL ECONOMY! Perfect Power features!"

"Yes, the car is an Econobox. We knew this. We are not looking for fancy interior, Ultra smooth ride, or a silent engine. We needed Fuel economy ! And we are getting it ! On a recent road trip , we were able to achieve 48.6 mpg !! I had owned Geo Metros in the past, liked them. Liked the economy. But, This Car We LOVE ! For the Price, and how the car is equipped.. and the Standard power features, you simply Cannot Beat It ! And, I forgot to mention Warranty ! Awesome ! Considering purchasing another , since this car moves very well in the snow and do not need AWD in my other vehicle anylonger."

Decent city commuter car

By on Thursday, January 16, 2014

Pros: "Good price, fuel economy, decent handling"

Cons: "sluggish particularly when cold - no console"

"I have owned a 2014 Mirage ES CVT since the end of November 2013. So far no issues. Drives and handles better than you expect for a small car. City mpg averaging 35.5. Had it on the highway a few times but only for about 4 miles, ran and handled fine."

I'm impressed.

By on Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Pros: "Great price. High MPG. Parking a breeze. Comfort."

Cons: "No console between front seats. Small storage area"

"OK, we just got our Mirage a few days ago so we are not sure of the reliability. But so far we have gone on a short trip to find it far exceeded my expectations. I can be a little skeptical at times and really didn't believe the mpg that this car was supposed to get. I had hoped that we would get into the low 40s mpg. which is higher than our previous car which at best got at best 27-28 mpg. We live in fairly flat to small rolling hill area, and we got as high as 45.5 mpg. I am sure if you live in the mountains you might not get the same mpg. As for the comment of slow, slow, slow! True, this car hasn't a high performance V8 with 800 horsepower. It will not complete a quarter mile drag down a strip under 10 seconds, unless a hurricane blows it down there. It does have enough power to get on any freeway. I was impressed with the ride and comfort. We also own a 2000 Toyota Echo which we love, and the Mirage is at the moment, a smoother, quieter and much faster. Head and shoulder room is great. This car has a little storage area behind the back seat. It has enough area for three or four pieces of luggage, not much more before you block the back window. It does have fold down back seats to accommodate for a larger storage area. The Mirage fits 4 large people comfortably. The back seat has no hump on it so 3 small kids will set well.(If you can keep 3 small kids seated.) This is the perfect commuter car. We will be going on a long trip this spring and not worry so much about the price of gas."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10