2002 Mitsubishi Mirage

8.4

Based on 227 Ratings for the 1997 - 2002 models.

Great companion, very dependable vehicle

By on Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive, very dependable, gas mileage"

Cons: "Cup holder flimsy, horse power"

"I have had this model since 2003 when I bought it from dealer with about 24,000 miles. It is been through a lot and held up very well. I have had to perform valve cover gasket, solenoid, and timing belt repair/replace in all of the 13 years I have owned this. About the only real negative I can say is that I wish it had a bit more horse power, but that might have gotten me in trouble."

3rd ive owned love em reliable gas savers

By on Wednesday, January 18, 2012

"I have owned three mitsubishi so far and now am looking for another. they are by far the one of the best gas savers save a hybrid, they are small inside but the reliability makes up for that. first one i owned made it to over 300k miles before i sold it and still ran like a champion, very pleased!"

I LOVE LOVE THIS CAR

By on Sunday, July 24, 2011

"I bought this car for myself for my 18th birthday it is an awesome car and I never want to get rid of it. I have had the car for almost 4 years now and I have only had two problems with it, one was the timing belt and the other was the computer chip went out but that was my fault cus I tried to jump my car by putting the negative on the positive btw bad idea, but this car is awesome it has survived many trips to Vegas which is about 800 miles from me without any problems. It is probably the easiest and also the most fun car to drive. It's a great first car too!!!!!!!!"

Refuses to die

By on Monday, May 16, 2011

"I have 270,000 miles on it, has never had an engine problem other than the windshield wiper stopped working. The body is literally rusting off the engine, but the car simply refuses to die. Very reliable."

spunky little car

By on Tuesday, February 17, 2009

"We've owned this car for about two years now, Bought it around 70k and soon to clip 6 digits. The cars' styling is impressive for its model year, but interior quality is not so great. The seats tend to become a major issue after hours of driving. I'm 6'1" and the seat does not go back far enough causing back problems after a prolonged drive. However, one must not complain for the fact that it gets around 35 mpg highway at constant speed (70mph). The acceleration is not that great as its only a 1.5L engine, but otherwise is quite solid. In the summer, when running the A/C during city driving, it tends to load the engine alot and is quite noticeable in acceleration. The car has been extremely reliable so far and we are planning on keeping it for the long term. Suggestions for long term reliability: switch to synthetic oil both in the engine and transmission, yes its a little expensive, but it will make up for the continued reliability. Maintain the vehicle properly, that is, change spark plugs, oxygen sensors, coolant flushes, belts/hoses, battery according to the manual and this car will run for a long time."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mitsubishi Mirage near Honolulu. See local deals