ZIP code

2002 Mitsubishi Mirage

8.4

Based on 230 Ratings for the 1997 - 2002 models.

Great Car!!

By on Tuesday, August 4, 2009

"I have never had any major problems with this car just minor wear and tear. I purchased this car used with 96,000 miles for $3,000. Seven years later it has 230,000 miles and is still running strong! of course I took good car of it changing the oil every 3,000 miles. I love my little car."

Excellent commuter car

By on Thursday, October 4, 2007

"I purchased this car from Hertz Car Sales in 2003 with 20k mileage. It was a 4 dr ES model with auto,pw,pl,cd,ac. I currently have 128k trouble free miles on the vehicle. It consistanly returns 33-35mpg. It is much more confortable than the size belies. Excellent visibility. The 1.8 ltr engine is quite and reliable, but the car is slow (tradeoff for mileage). Engine easy to work on, but honestly I have only changed oil, and air filters, spark plugs at 95k, and belts at 115k. I do have the trans. flushed every 35k, because I purchasd this vehicle from a rental agency. The only non-scheduled repair was a blown high pressure a/c hose ( it failed at the flange). Replaced and recharged at 120k miles. This has been an extremely reliable car that seems to fall under the radar from civic, corolla, sentra buyers. Would definitely recommend for first time car or commuter vehicle."

10 years and counting

By on Thursday, January 7, 2010

"I bought my 1997 Mirage in 2000 with just over 40k on it. It's now at the 160k mark. All this time I've never had a major repairs, except for a timing belt. I'm now at the point where the struts, tie rod and transmission mount need to be replaced. I'm thinking of paying the costs, because I really feel like this car has a lot of life left in it. This was my very first car. It brought me through high school, college, and now the real world. GREAT MILEAGE. My only complaint was the paint faded after about 7 years - had to get a new paint job. That's it!. Great value. I wish they still made them."

Reliable, especially for the price

By on Friday, December 9, 2011

Pros: "realiability"

Cons: "power on acceleration"

"I have owned my Mirage ES since 2001. Bought it with 1700 miles on it and was able to make payments for 5 years at $204 per month. Had full warranty for 3 years/36,000. I have just changed the oil, purchased tires, changed a couple belts, replaced a broken tie rod, changed plugs, etc. No major repairs needed and everytime I have turned over the key, it has always started and got me from point A to point B....exactly what I bought it for. I am going to drive it "until the tires fall off"...only because the resale value is so low. The absolute only thing that I would like is to have more power on acceleration. But the reliability of the vehicle out-weights having power (to me anyway) anyday. I would recommend this car for those that like utilitarian cars rather than status symbols. Very cost effective buy for those wanting a reliable inexpensive vehicle."

Great companion, very dependable vehicle

By on Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive, very dependable, gas mileage"

Cons: "Cup holder flimsy, horse power"

"I have had this model since 2003 when I bought it from dealer with about 24,000 miles. It is been through a lot and held up very well. I have had to perform valve cover gasket, solenoid, and timing belt repair/replace in all of the 13 years I have owned this. About the only real negative I can say is that I wish it had a bit more horse power, but that might have gotten me in trouble."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mitsubishi Mirage near Honolulu. See local deals